Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harlan County 85 Campbell County 71 OT Elite Eight
Final. The Black Bears trailed by as many as 16 in the 2nd half tied it and got it to overtime and outscored Campbell Co. 16-2 in the OT. An all-time game by Trent Noah who scored 48 in the win. Harlan Co. will take on the Trinity/Evangel Christian winner tomorrow at 1:30 in the semis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Harlan County bounces back from a 17 point deficit to beat the Camels by 14 in overtime.  Noah with 48 points.
What a game!!!!!  These teams were so evenly matched and played such a determined gritty game.

On to the Final Four!!

Congratulations Black Bears!!!!
(03-22-2024, 08:48 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Final. The Black Bears trailed by as many as 16 in the 2nd half tied it and got it to overtime and outscored Campbell Co. 16-2 in the OT. An all-time game by Trent Noah who scored 48 in the win. Harlan Co. will take on the Trinity/Evangel Christian winner tomorrow at 1:30 in the semis.
GO BEARS!!!
Just finishing my watch. I'd said in their regional thread that I thought Campbell County got tight against GRC late and think that's what happened here too. Noah had a lot to do with that too though-- the Camels had no answer for him.
This was the best game I've ever listened to.

Shoutout to Cameron Mills who gave such a passionate and lengthy interview over our local radio station. What a great and humble guy.
What a comeback. Granny Bear has bragging right over Dusty for a year now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
48 points on Rupp Arena floor has to be a kids dream growing up in the state of Kentucky
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Granny Bear
This is the favorite game I've ever had the pleasure of calling.
Liked both of these teams but hard not to root for the 606 team to come from behind.

Noah made the right play to get rid of the ball after that last rebound but man would I have loved to have seen him get fouled and get to 50.
One of the greatest performances in the history of the tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Granny Bear
I for one am thinking that South Carolina getting Noah may be better than Kentucky getting Perry. Time will tell but his first two games compared to Perry's is not even close so far will see what they both do tomorrow vs. two high quality teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
All the top scorers are from Eastern KY..... KY King Kelly, Richie & Noah....Yessssirrreeeeee
[-] The following 2 users Like Spoozer12's post:
  • Granny Bear, RunItUpTheGut
What’s the sweet 16 scoring record
Congrats Bears! Keep it rolling! Shock the world
Congrats HC!!!!
(03-22-2024, 09:17 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I for one am thinking that South Carolina getting Noah may be better than Kentucky getting Perry. Time will tell but his first two games compared to Perry's is not even close so far will see what they both do tomorrow vs. two high quality teams.
cal wont use perry !
(03-23-2024, 02:56 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 09:17 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I for one am thinking that South Carolina getting Noah may be better than Kentucky getting Perry. Time will tell but his first two games compared to Perry's is not even close so far will see what they both do tomorrow vs. two high quality teams.
cal wont use perry !

That’s what we said about Sheppard too
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-22-2024, 09:00 PM)Westside Wrote: What a comeback.  Granny Bear has bragging right over Dusty for a year now.
He was at the game.  I was texting with him; giving him just a tiny bit of hell.
Smile

(03-22-2024, 09:11 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: This is the favorite game I've ever had the pleasure of calling.
Liked both of these teams but hard not to root for the 606 team to come from behind.

Noah made the right play to get rid of the ball after that last rebound but man would I have loved to have seen him get fouled and get to 50.
One of the greatest performances in the history of the tournament.
Thank you zaga.  Believe it or not, but numbers don't seem to matter much to Noah.  Just as long as they score enough to win; he doesn't seem to care WHO scores them.

I believe Noah is exactly where he needs to be.  I'm to the point where I wouldn't enjoy seeing him play for the Blue.  And I didn't think I'd EVER say something like this!!

(03-23-2024, 01:09 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: What’s the sweet 16 scoring record
For HC, this is the farthest they have ever gone.  Only the second time appearing on the state tournament level.

cal wont use perry !
I'm happy for Noah that he chose South Carolina and wish him nothing but the very best.
A lot being made out of Travis Perry vs Trent Noah and honestly it's unnecessary.

Trent Noah just had a Mount Rushmore performance at the Sweet Sixteen and Travis is the leading scorer all-time in the state's history and has had a few big games at Rupp Arena already.

This is special and we should appreciate it. Both of these kids come from rural communities. Both of these kids are in the Final Four this morning. Both kids are going to power-conference D1 programs and may get to play each other every year. Hopefully we get to see them play each other tonight.
I agree!! Both boys should be celebrated because of their accomplishments! So should many many others,

As far as them meeting in the finals, each team has another game to play before that match up is to be. And I wish them the very best of luck.
(03-23-2024, 10:15 AM)zaga_fan Wrote: A lot being made out of Travis Perry vs Trent Noah and honestly it's unnecessary.

Trent Noah just had a Mount Rushmore performance at the Sweet Sixteen and Travis is the leading scorer all-time in the state's history and has had a few big games at Rupp Arena already.

This is special and we should appreciate it. Both of these kids come from rural communities. Both of these kids are in the Final Four this morning. Both kids are going to power-conference D1 programs and may get to play each other every year. Hopefully we get to see them play each other tonight.

(03-23-2024, 10:40 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I agree!!  Both boys should be celebrated because of their accomplishments!  So should many many others,

As far as them meeting in the finals, each team has another game to play before that match up is to be.  And I wish them the very best of luck.

Could you imagine a Noah vs. Perry state championship? That would be phenomenal for the state of Kentucky!
#BBFL
Oh, I would love that!!!!
I call that shot of his " Noah's Arc" ...It's a beautiful thing to watch !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(03-23-2024, 05:01 AM)YSpud6 Wrote:
cal wont use perry !

U mean the best player on the team who never started ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-23-2024, 02:37 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:
cal wont use perry !

Devin Booker was picked 13th in the draft and has arguably had the best NBA career out of that 2015 team
#BBFL
(03-23-2024, 02:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Devin Booker was picked 13th in the draft and has arguably had the best NBA career out of that 2015 team
ok cal go ahead n tell me about what they did in the nba LMAO
(03-23-2024, 03:16 PM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 02:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Devin Booker was picked 13th in the draft and has arguably had the best NBA career out of that 2015 team

Can't speak for Spud but I think you two are talking about the same thing lol...

You made the comment about how Cal doesn't start Reed after I made the comment how we didn't think he would be used this season.

Antonio Reeves 1039 minutes played
Reed Sheppard 955 minutes played 

That was the top two minutes played on the season
#BBFL
cal wont use perry !

He did actually start 5 games and the Cats were 1-4 in those 5 starts. just saying
(03-23-2024, 06:46 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
cal wont use perry !

He did actually start 5 games and the Cats were 1-4 in those 5 starts. just saying

Since we are playing the totally useless stats game what was UK's record in the postseason when he didn't start?
(03-23-2024, 03:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

You made the comment about how Cal doesn't start Reed after I made the comment how we didn't think he would be used this season.

Antonio Reeves 1039 minutes played
Reed Sheppard 955 minutes played 

That was the top two minutes played on the season

Useless stat