Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Football Offseason
Coen is out. Hamdan is in. The fan base is ready to talk about anything basketball unless it involves a new coach.

Any thoughts? Discussion on players who may be in or out via the portal?
I don't even know how to talk about Kentucky football right now. We've got Brock Vandagriff but is he going to fix our offensive woes? Idk
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Excited to see RB transfer Chip Trayanum despite my hate for all things Ohio State. North Texas transfer Ja'Mori Maclin will need to produce; the 5'11 slot played sparingly over two years at Missouri before his last stop. Raymond Cottrell is an intriguing WR coming in from Texas A&M-- big body, runs well for his size but needs to put it all together. Sure that there'll be more names that pop up throughout the summer, but I think that those were some of the bigger grabs in the portal (aside from the obvious in Brock Vandagriff).

Getting Beau Allen back might be more valuable than casuals may realize-- he won't push Brock but has a ton of experience and will be giving it a last go in his hometown, which should be an upgrade over what we'd seen from Wade and Sherron when they were pressed into action.

Portal additions that graded well and came from name programs:
LB - Jamon Dumas-Johnson (Georgia)
CB - Kristian Story (Alabama)
IOL - Jalen Farmer (Florida)
OT - Gerald Mincey (Tennessee)

For the Cats, I think Shemar Porter and Jordan Dingle but entered but ultimately withdrew from the portal. Cummings entered and ultimately ended up with Louisville. Both Wades and Crowdus are gone. JuTahn McClain entered the portal and I think he's staying in, but I don't know where he's committed or if there's a slight chance that he ends up back in Lexington.

About time to really start checking in on spring football with the NCAA Tournament concluding early next week.
(04-03-2024, 03:04 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Excited to see RB transfer Chip Trayanum despite my hate for all things Ohio State. North Texas transfer Ja'Mori Maclin will need to produce; the 5'11 slot played sparingly over two years at Missouri before his last stop. Raymond Cottrell is an intriguing WR coming in from Texas A&M-- big body, runs well for his size but needs to put it all together. Sure that there'll be more names that pop up throughout the summer, but I think that those were some of the bigger grabs in the portal (aside from the obvious in Brock Vandagriff).

Getting Beau Allen back might be more valuable than casuals may realize-- he won't push Brock but has a ton of experience and will be giving it a last go in his hometown, which should be an upgrade over what we'd seen from Wade and Sherron when they were pressed into action.

Portal additions that graded well and came from name programs:
LB - Jamon Dumas-Johnson (Georgia)
CB - Kristian Story (Alabama)
IOL - Jalen Farmer (Florida)
OT - Gerald Mincey (Tennessee)

For the Cats, I think Shemar Porter and Jordan Dingle but entered but ultimately withdrew from the portal. Cummings entered and ultimately ended up with Louisville. Both Wades and Crowdus are gone. JuTahn McClain entered the portal and I think he's staying in, but I don't know where he's committed or if there's a slight chance that he ends up back in Lexington.

About time to really start checking in on spring football with the NCAA Tournament concluding early next week.

You going to go to spring practice?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-03-2024, 11:15 AM)Spud6 Wrote: You going to go to spring practice?

Have always had great experiences when I've been able to attend, but unfortunately unable to this year.
(04-03-2024, 04:25 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

Have always had great experiences when I've been able to attend, but unfortunately unable to this year.

Why not?
#BBFL
(04-03-2024, 10:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Why not?

Was on campus and attending UK for the majority of my visits (aside from the Tim Couch years).

Biking from William T. Young is much easier than using PTO from work hours away. Good times that are missed.
(04-05-2024, 07:17 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 10:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Why not?

Was on campus and attending UK for the majority of my visits (aside from the Tim Couch years).

Biking from William T. Young is much easier than using PTO from work hours away. Good times that are missed.

That all makes sense
#BBFL