Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Cal Show 3/25/24
Just started listening but something I thought was interesting to start was Tom Leach said there would be no call ins today for Cal's show

https://fb.watch/r1OjQRi-AD/
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^^^Of course there wasn't, could have seen that coming 1000 miles away.
(03-25-2024, 08:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Just started listening but something I thought was interesting to start was Tom Leach said there would be no call ins today for Cal's show

I think the no call-in is pretty standard after the season-ending loss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Spud6
(03-25-2024, 09:05 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 08:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Just started listening but something I thought was interesting to start was Tom Leach said there would be no call ins today for Cal's show

And rightly so. KY fans are crazy... and dangerous!  Very similar to another group of crazies we saw sh!tting on the walls of a hallowed building three years ago.   Saw where one guy on a KY forum was encouraging others to go to Cal's house and shit in his yard. And he was dead serious!!!   A good percentage of KY fanbase needs psychiatric help.  They don't deserve a good man and coach like Calipari.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't foreign trips only allowed once every four years?

If so, wouldn't Calipari's comments about "working on defense and physicality instead of taking trips to the Bahamas" be more lip service?

To be clear: I think the trip to the Bahamas was great given Oscar's situation and the NIL landscape, so I'm not complaining about when it was used, I'm just questioning the authenticity of Cal's comments if there are limits on the frequency of these trips.

If it is the case, I'm also wondering what allowed the Canada trip this past season and if it's a fairly open loophole that could be used again, in which case the comments make more sense.

Was the Canada trip some type of exception and/or were there other exceptions (possibly for COVID)? Or am I just misinformed about a rule that doesn't apply?

Anyone care to elaborate?
I don't have the first clue about what you are asking. Sorry.

I tried to listen to the Coach Cal's Show, but just couldn't stomach it. Cal actually wanted to know why he was being asked questions about this game when everybody knows how badly he's hurting. Also gave numerous reasons as to why the game was lost. Nothing applied to him or his assistants actions, or lack thereof. None.

Just another reason for me to be done; although I don't need it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-26-2024, 10:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 09:05 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

And rightly so. KY fans are crazy... and dangerous!  Very similar to another group of crazies we saw sh!tting on the walls of a hallowed building three years ago.   Saw where one guy on a KY forum was encouraging others to go to Cal's house and shit in his yard. And he was dead serious!!!   A good percentage of KY fanbase needs psychiatric help.  They don't deserve a good man and coach like Calipari.
Gaslighting nut job. You are right though we don't deserve Calipari.
(03-26-2024, 03:45 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I don't have the first clue about what you are asking.  Sorry.

I tried to listen to  the Coach Cal's Show, but just couldn't stomach it.  Cal actually wanted to know why he was being asked questions about this game when everybody knows how badly he's hurting.  Also gave numerous reasons as to why the game was lost.  Nothing applied to him or his assistants actions, or lack thereof.  None.

Cal has been bullsh!tting for so long he has lost any self-awareness he ever had. It's all bullsh!t all the time now.
(03-26-2024, 01:59 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't foreign trips only allowed once every four years?

If so, wouldn't Calipari's comments about "working on defense and physicality instead of taking trips to the Bahamas" be more lip service?

To be clear: I think the trip to the Bahamas was great given Oscar's situation and the NIL landscape, so I'm not complaining about when it was used, I'm just questioning the authenticity of Cal's comments if there are limits on the frequency of these trips.

If it is the case, I'm also wondering what allowed the Canada trip this past season and if it's a fairly open loophole that could be used again, in which case the comments make more sense.

Was the Canada trip some type of exception and/or were there other exceptions (possibly for COVID)? Or am I just misinformed about a rule that doesn't apply?

Anyone care to elaborate?

NO! Don't care about trips.  Bang! Bang!  Wouldn't mind a trip to Round of 32 , though. Thanks a lot, Reed!
(03-26-2024, 03:45 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I don't have the first clue about what you are asking. Sorry.

I tried to listen to the Coach Cal's Show, but just couldn't stomach it. Cal actually wanted to know why he was being asked questions about this game when everybody knows how badly he's hurting. Also gave numerous reasons as to why the game was lost. Nothing applied to him or his assistants actions, or lack thereof. None.

I thought NCAA rules only allowed one foreign trip every four years. Kentucky went to the Bahamas in 2022 and Canada in 2023, so I didn't know if I was mistaken about the rule, or if there was an exception.

If it's actually only once every four years, Calipari's statement about the team not going on a trip that they couldn't take in the first place comes at a bad time and is poorly phrased at best.

It does look like the one in four rule might have been amended to say that a player may only go on one foreign trip in their career. If so, that could explain the consecutive trips, but it's still a bit disingenuous of Cal to act as if he's making a change by not scheduling a foreign trip that most of the returnees couldn't go on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Granny Bear