Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Boyd County
Coach Pete Fraley the all-time wins leader in 16th region history has announced his retirement today. Someone will have big shoes to fill.
How many State Championships he have?
(03-27-2024, 12:36 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: How many State Championships he have?
Since 2000 four coaches have won 14 of 24 state tournaments (2020 was canceled due to Covid). 

Greg Todd, Lexington Catholic 3
Larry Just, Butler 2
Chris Souder, Mercer County 2
Donna Moir, Sacred Heart 7. 

My guess is Moir will add another next year in 5-Star Zakyra Johnson’s senior season. 

State tournaments are difficult to win but for a few it seems it’s not so much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
I'm not a personal friend of coach Fraley and have never had an extended conversation with him but he seems to be a quality human being. His longevity speaks volumes and he sets a high standard for area coaches and should be a role model for those entering the profession. I'm not a fan of Boyd County but the parts of their athletic programs that I have come to respect all lead back to Pete Fraley. Thanks coach! And for those on here implying that a coaching career is defined by state championships I'm once again reminded of my dad's words of wisdom; "Son, sometimes the best thing to say... is nothing".

Troll alert.
(03-27-2024, 08:59 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
Since 2000 four coaches have won 14 of 24 state tournaments (2020 was canceled due to Covid). 

Greg Todd, Lexington Catholic 3
Larry Just, Butler 2
Chris Souder, Mercer County 2
Donna Moir, Sacred Heart 7. 

My guess is Moir will add another next year in 5-Star Zakyra Johnson’s senior season. 

State tournaments are difficult to win but for a few it seems it’s not so much.

Well maybe it is just pure coincidence that two you listed with the most are private schools and get anyone they want from anywhere they want.
Ain’t nobody trolling. Just curious. Guess Zero with your response. No Joke, it’s hard to win a region more less a State Title. Thought the guy may had a few rings.

And yeah two of those schools shouldn’t be playing in Public School Tournaments.
Have you heard anyone that they may be interviewing? I just heard Paul Miller that was at Greenup Co in applying. Also, the coach at Morgan Branner. I'm sure there will be lots come out for this job.
Kim Groves has been hired as the new head coach at Boyd Co. I think this is a great hire for Boyd Co. She is a younger coach with good experience. She was a huge part of Russell's success this past season. Her very talented daughter who I believe is a 6th grader this year will be coming with her. It's hard to step in after Pete Fraley but I think they got a good young replacement. Hopefully they will give her time to develop her program.