Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central Head Coach Ronn Varney Resigns
Just posted on Facebook via Mountain Top Sports
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
That one is a shocker
Never seen that comming

It will make someone a good oppurnity. good location got some talent with in the school
Will this job draw any interest? I’d guess they just give it to another person on staff. Any info on why he stepped down?
He didn’t he was given a choice and choose to resign.
(03-27-2024, 06:17 PM)Jelly Roll Wrote: He didn’t he was given a choice and choose to resign.

Waya mean?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-27-2024, 06:17 PM)Jelly Roll Wrote: He didn’t he was given a choice and choose to resign.
waya mean
Then that makes is clearer.

Leadership trying to make Pike County a 2 school success story.

Pike Central
Shelby Valley

What “big” name they going after?
(03-27-2024, 08:32 PM)RTruth Wrote: Then that makes is clearer.

Pike Central
Shelby Valley

This may be a wild thought process from me but

Eric Ratliff back to being their football coach 
Derrick Newsome takes over the basketball job
#BBFL
Interested to see who they go after
(03-27-2024, 08:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 08:32 PM)RTruth Wrote: Then that makes is clearer.

Pike Central
Shelby Valley

This may be a wild thought process from me but

Eric Ratliff back to being their football coach 
Derrick Newsome takes over the basketball job

Eric Ratliff is not taking any job where he can’t be immediately successful. So if he thinks PC is ready to go 8-2 and win 2-3 games in the playoffs, your thoughts wouldn’t be so wild.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Hawks101
I’d assume Eric Ratliff ain’t too far from retiring. But could be wrong. He was my coach 21 years ago lol
I would say to be successful there, you would need new blood. And it’s late in the game for a big name hire.

They need to make a hire though. Not sit on it. It’s already a breeding ground for cherry picking players.
Resign or be fired no clue why
If they can keep their best players from going to Pikeville before they leave middle school a really good job
(03-27-2024, 11:11 PM)Jelly Roll Wrote: Resign or be fired no clue why
If that’s the case why now? The season ended 4 months ago for them.
No reason and it came from the principal and AD not the BOE. AD that’s been retired for years and on a 100 day contract each year. He has ran all the programs in the ground except basketball and word is he wants Ratliff gone because he won’t do what he says and he has a young grandson coming up in one of the feeder schools. I’m sure he is still taking up all the tickets and gate money for each sports games though. I can’t believe the parents haven’t demanded he be gotten rid of. As along as he is in control none of the sports will succeed boys or girls teams.
(03-28-2024, 01:11 AM)Jelly Roll Wrote: No reason and it came from the principal and AD not the BOE. AD that’s been retired for years and on a 100 day contract each year. He has ran all the programs in the ground except basketball and word is he wants Ratliff gone because he won’t do what he says and he has a young grandson coming up in one of the feeder schools. I’m sure he is still taking up all the tickets and gate money for each sports games though. I can’t believe the parents haven’t demanded he be gotten rid of. As along as he is in control none of the sports will succeed boys or girls teams.
Who is the AD?
(03-28-2024, 08:57 AM)papabear02 Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 01:11 AM)Jelly Roll Wrote: No reason and it came from the principal and AD not the BOE. AD that’s been retired for years and on a 100 day contract each year. He has ran all the programs in the ground except basketball and word is he wants Ratliff gone because he won’t do what he says and he has a young grandson coming up in one of the feeder schools. I’m sure he is still taking up all the tickets and gate money for each sports games though. I can’t believe the parents haven’t demanded he be gotten rid of. As along as he is in control none of the sports will succeed boys or girls teams.
Who is the AD?

Eugene Lyons
#BBFL
This move doesn’t make sense. If they wanted him gone should have done that at the end of the season so they could have got a new coach in. Fans of these schools complain that parents take their kids to other schools in this area but moves like this is why. Never should have waited until basketball ended to do this.
Tough job for anyone to take when their best players will always get plucked by the city school.
Interesting as I read it again.  Wonder who they have in mind this late in the season?  

They have a good Senior class coming up. 
per their last years roster, doesn’t look like they lose many seniors.
(03-28-2024, 03:18 PM)papabear02 Wrote:
Interesting as I read it again.  Wonder who they have in mind this late in the season?  

They have a good Senior class coming up. 
per their last years roster, doesn’t look like they lose many seniors.
Yes they have a good class comming up. they was starting to go in the rigjt direction last year an stumbled. id like see someone that can do it the same way this year but not stumble
Brad Elkins

PCC graduate, been an assistant for baseball and football for I know of 3 years probably more. Young and cares about the school
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Hawks101, Oldschool86
Middle School Coach left/was forced out (not sure) about a month or so ago as well. Just an interesting footnote.
Has any players left yet?
Beg Eric Ratliff to take the job. I've long said he is the most underrated (and one of the best) in the mountains.
(03-29-2024, 01:32 PM)papabear02 Wrote: Has any players left yet?

There's rumors going around that the QB is transferring.  I've not heard that from a reliable source and don't believe it, but have heard it.
#BBFL
i guess after hearing some issues they were having the timing makes more sense
(04-01-2024, 01:31 PM)Khalisimo Wrote: i guess after hearing some issues they were having the timing makes more sense
What issues?