Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A Big 6 How Many players coming back
Just curious 4A seems to be the class 

How many starters on D and O each team has coming back. 

Boyle 
Covington Cath 
Tilghman 
Franklin Co
Corbin 
Johnson Central
(03-28-2024, 03:49 PM)Eagleland Wrote: Just curious 4A seems to be the class 

Boyle 
Covington Cath 
Tilghman 
Franklin Co
Corbin 
Johnson Central

I believe Boyle only lost 8 Seniors this past year and not all of them started if that helps any.
(03-28-2024, 03:49 PM)Eagleland Wrote: Just curious 4A seems to be the class 

Boyle 
Covington Cath 
Tilghman 
Franklin Co
Corbin 
Johnson Central

Franklin returns 6/7 on offense depending on packages and 8 on defense. Lots of one way guys coming back from what I’m hearing.
Boyle has 2 BIG losses with the graduation of Bodner who was responsible for 26 TD’s and over 1200 rushing yards and he was probably their best defender and then the loss of QB Dawson who threw for 2500 yards and 29 TD’s. They do however return Mr Do It All Quisenberry and they seem to just reload so I’m sure they’ll be fine.
(03-29-2024, 10:59 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: Boyle has 2 BIG losses with the graduation of Bodner who was responsible for 26 TD’s and over 1200 rushing yards and he was probably their best defender and then the loss of  QB Dawson who threw for 2500 yards and 29 TD’s.  They do however return Mr Do It All Quisenberry and they seem to just reload so I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Did they have a QB that will be able to step in and be the QB with all these weapons around him?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-29-2024, 11:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 10:59 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote: Boyle has 2 BIG losses with the graduation of Bodner who was responsible for 26 TD’s and over 1200 rushing yards and he was probably their best defender and then the loss of  QB Dawson who threw for 2500 yards and 29 TD’s.  They do however return Mr Do It All Quisenberry and they seem to just reload so I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Did they have a QB that will be able to step in and be the QB with all these weapons around him?

Nope, nobody that capable that was on this past seasons team.  I’m not super familiar with Boyle though so they very well could have picked one up in the transfer portal.  One of their faithful will let us know if so.
According to KHSAA they had a sophomore throw 56 passes this season and complete 30 which I'm assuming was in garbage time since Boyle running clocked a lot of teams. But he is listed as QB and DB
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Boyle returns Baylor Murphy at QB and Andrew Nason is a QB transfer from Woodford County who is also a track star from what I gather, these two will compete for the starting job Baylor Murphy was the JV QB last season and I believe that he’s more than capable of stepping into the starting role next season, and I have heard nothing but great things about Andrew Nason so I think they’ll be fine at QB, and from what I read earlier they only lost 5 starters off last years team , Bodner, Dawson, Gorley, Crowe, and Bixler all will be hard to replace but I’m hearing that they should be as good by season’s end as they were last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Old School 18
(03-29-2024, 11:17 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote:

Nope, nobody that capable that was on this past seasons team.  I’m not super familiar with Boyle though so they very well could have picked one up in the transfer portal.  One of their faithful will let us know if so.

I think they will be fine a QB.  Murphy got the most scrub time with the clock running but Guy Turner who was a Freshman this past season will also compete for the spot I believe.  Neither have Dawson's speed but both have pretty good arms and a heck of a QB coach.
Ashland gave Cov Cath fits in the playoffs last year. They return a lot and will be stronger than last year. Uh, hold on, my bad...they're not in the "Big 6" Club. Doesn't matter though, Boyle and then the rest of the club with a few others thrown in to compete for the best loser trophy.
(03-30-2024, 11:06 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

I think they will be fine a QB.  Murphy got the most scrub time with the clock running but Guy Turner who was a Freshman this past season will also compete for the spot I believe.  Neither have Dawson's speed but both have pretty good arms and a heck of a QB coach.
Pretty sure I read on here they had a rising senior QB from Woodford Co transfer in at the end of last season
(03-31-2024, 07:30 PM)fansville Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 11:06 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Pretty sure I read on here they had a rising senior QB from Woodford Co transfer in at the end of last season

They did.  I think he is more of a slot guy.  He may have a nice arm.  I've not seen him play except for the Woodford/Bullitt East game last year and all of the damage he did against the Chargers was with his legs.