Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals-49ers Game Question
Ok, I think I know a fair amount about football, but the 49ers were up 7 with a 4th and 2 from the 25, and instead of kicking a fiield goal, they go for it and don't get it.

A field goal would have made it a two score game with 6 minutes left. Why would they have gone for it unless they're trying to lose?? Granted if they lose they'll probly get the first draft pick.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I don't know what was more perplexing: that decision by the Niners or the fact that Bryant Gumble had to explain to 2 former NFL players why that was a bonehead move.
How funny was it when Gumble called Frank Gore "Al Gore?"

Only thing I saw more perplexing was SF RUSHING for the first down on 3rd and 9 and picking up 10 to seal it. Gee ohh.
Crazy stuff
I am sorry to say this but i am happy that we lost. I think I am right in my reasoning. Say we won these last three games, we would be 8-8 once again. What will 8-8 get you = No playoffs and a mediocre draft pick. The more games we keep blowing, the better our pick will be. I hate to say it, but when you need a game changing draft pick more than anything else, you more than likely will not pick him up on a 8-8 record.
I hate the Bengals anyway...lol
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am sorry to say this but i am happy that we lost. I think I am right in my reasoning. Say we won these last three games, we would be 8-8 once again. What will 8-8 get you = No playoffs and a mediocre draft pick. The more games we keep blowing, the better our pick will be. I hate to say it, but when you need a game changing draft pick more than anything else, you more than likely will not pick him up on a 8-8 record.

Sadly, I agree, but our D has been playing halfway decently in recent weeks, and I PRAY that we don't assume that our defense is good enough which would keep us from spending high draft picks on defense (I think we need a hard *** middle backer, maybe an outside backer or two, 2 tackles who can clog the middle and stop the run, and a pass rushing d end or 2).
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
vundy33 Wrote:I hate the Bengals anyway...lol

I do too.
vundy33 Wrote:I hate the Bengals anyway...lol

LOL I guess you are looving this season! We will be back........someday.
BFritz Wrote:Sadly, I agree, but our D has been playing halfway decently in recent weeks, and I PRAY that we don't assume that our defense is good enough which would keep us from spending high draft picks on defense (I think we need a hard *** middle backer, maybe an outside backer or two, 2 tackles who can clog the middle and stop the run, and a pass rushing d end or 2).

I don't think we can fill all those needs in next year's draft! Smile
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think we can fill all those needs in next year's draft! Smile
Solid D linemen are available all through later rounds, and we could get a middle backer and outside backers early, plus we have a ton of caproom that we could use in free agency, we just need to get off our *** and actually make some moves.
No doubt the offense is sputtering, but we still need to draft defense IMO. Also its no telling what the roster will look like come training camp. Plenty of contract issues coming up with several players.
BFritz Wrote:Sadly, I agree, but our D has been playing halfway decently in recent weeks, and I PRAY that we don't assume that our defense is good enough which would keep us from spending high draft picks on defense (I think we need a hard *** middle backer, maybe an outside backer or two, 2 tackles who can clog the middle and stop the run, and a pass rushing d end or 2).

One name: DAN CONNOR....
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think we can fill all those needs in next year's draft! Smile

True. But hey you must start somewhere! Loss these last two for the fans Bengals! Think about what is best for the future!!!!! WE PROMISE the draft is the best route!!!!!! * Can believe I would be saying something like that this season............... *ugh