Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region so far
1. Pikeville
2. Prestonsburg 
3. JC
4. Lawrence 
5. Shelby Valley

Pikeville to lose but the other 4 might have a shot.
(03-31-2024, 12:24 AM)RTruth Wrote: 1. Pikeville
2. Prestonsburg 
3. JC
4. Lawrence 
5. Shelby Valley

Pikeville to lose but the other 4 might have a shot.

Lawrence extremely small shot and SV no shot. Pikeville's to lose but anything is possible.
Pikeville is the heavy favorite on pitching alone. Lawrence lost their #1 starter to an injury, but they're solid and getting better each game. I think LC will be a solid #2 in the region by the end of the season, but I'm not sure they've got the horses to knock off Pikeville. Prestonsburg's #1 is pretty decent, but big dropoff after that. Lawrence crushed them at home. They won't be a factor. Floyd Central is bad. Paintsville is young and not very good. I've not seen JC or SV. Overall, this is the weakest I've seen the region in the last decade.
Prestonsburg will have to have a great draw in the regional tournament. Welch is a great arm but they don’t have a lot backing him up. If they have to burn Welch anytime before the finals it will be tough to win regions.

JC is very young but they will be a tough out by the end of the year. Paintsville is in the same boat.

Pikeville is the most experienced so it makes sense they have had the best start and have a pretty high floor right now.
(04-03-2024, 11:48 AM)Mr. D Wrote: Prestonsburg will have to have a great draw in the regional tournament. Welch is a great arm but they don’t have a lot backing him up. If they have to burn Welch anytime before the finals it will be tough to win regions.

JC is very young but they will be a tough out by the end of the year. Paintsville is in the same boat.

Pikeville is the most experienced so it makes sense they have had the best start and have a pretty high floor right now.
Prestonsburg is actually pretty solid 1-4. Not on the level of Pikeville, of course, but I’d put them with the 2nd best set of arms in the region.