Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All-Time Coaches
One coach I've not seen mentioned was Gene Frasure, who coached Maytown and led them to 2 State Tournament appearances in 1967&1969, making the semi finals in 1969, upsetting Clark Co. in the quarterfinals, who was one of the favorites to win the tournament. Had some great teams at Maytown, coached at Wayland for a short stint, and was Allen Centrals first head coach after consolidation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • Blacksmith
(04-17-2024, 12:54 PM)-STAT- Wrote: One coach I've not seen mentioned was Gene Frasure, who coached Maytown and led them to 2 State Tournament appearances in 1967&1969, making the semi finals in 1969, upsetting Clark Co. in the quarterfinals, who was one of the favorites to win the tournament. Had some great teams at Maytown, coached at Wayland for a short stint, and was Allen Centrals first head coach after consolidation.
Yes, that's a good one.. I have a book that talks about Maytown basketball a lot..
Its called "Maytown- Magic and Mayhem, 50 years of Mountain Basketball".... cool read
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blacksmith's post:
  • -STAT-
(04-17-2024, 03:08 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 12:54 PM)-STAT- Wrote: One coach I've not seen mentioned was Gene Frasure, who coached Maytown and led them to 2 State Tournament appearances in 1967&1969, making the semi finals in 1969, upsetting Clark Co. in the quarterfinals, who was one of the favorites to win the tournament. Had some great teams at Maytown, coached at Wayland for a short stint, and was Allen Centrals first head coach after consolidation.
Yes, that's a good one.. I have a book that talks about Maytown basketball a lot..
Its called "Maytown- Magic and Mayhem, 50 years of Mountain Basketball".... cool read

I have that as well, great read!
[-] The following 1 user Likes -STAT-'s post:
  • Blacksmith
(04-18-2024, 09:59 AM)-STAT- Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 03:08 PM)Blacksmith Wrote:

I have that as well, great read!
it is, love reading about mountain basketball