Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region rankings 2025; best of 2024
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Good stuff.

I think that South Laurel probably comes in as the favorite too. They'll have the top rated player in Mabe and his length brings dimensions that others in the mountains just don't have.

Despite that, it's probably going to be a more open race than it's been the past three seasons with Sheppard and Noah gone.

Things can always change slightly over the summer, but as things currently stand, you can see a handful of teams beating one another on a given night.

Would be interested in knowing how everyone looks over the summer and what everyone's schedule looks like as more info becomes available.
(04-10-2024, 12:52 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Good stuff.

I think that South Laurel probably comes in as the favorite too. They'll have the top rated player in Mabe and his length brings dimensions that others in the mountains just don't have. 

Despite that, it's probably going to be a more open race than it's been the past three seasons with Sheppard and Noah gone.

Things can always change slightly over the summer, but as things currently stand, you can see a handful of teams beating one another on a given night.

Would be interested in knowing how everyone looks over the summer and what everyone's schedule looks like as more info becomes available.
SL should be the favorite depending on Mabes knee being 100% w/o surgery. HC will be a solid second(although I have heard rumblings that they will lose a player to portal). Clear separation from their down to CC, BC, Corbin and Nl. There down no one has a chance to win region.
Nice job, HCS.
(04-12-2024, 06:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Nice job, HCS.

Thanks. Glad to see some comments/discussion.
(04-12-2024, 08:19 PM)HCS Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 06:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Nice job, HCS.

Thanks. Glad to see some comments/discussion.

You are the Dean of 13th region sports, as far as I'm concerned.  Keep writing and I'll keep reading.
My top 5 

1. HC 
2. SL
3. Clay Co
4. Bell Co 
5. NL 

HC has the best player in the region IMO coming back along with 4 of their top 6 players from last year’s State runner up team. That is a group of kids that played quality roles in 34 wins last year against a lot of great competition along with an excellent young coach that has grown up a lot the past 2 years… I believe this bunch gets back to Rupp next year….
Cuz I believe they will need couple young guys to step up as well to help fill the void of Noah. Will have to replace him by committee.