Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley county girls basketball
anybody hearing anything on frontrunner or who in line for this job
Hearing a lot of rumble from Perry County. Will she make the switch?
Would be a great hire for Whitley if true.
well??????/
Don't know if it is true or not but was told Clemens enrolled in Corbin today. If it is true Whitley always finds a way to screw things up.
McAlarnis is out at Perry officially. She’s taking her stud to Whitley and will pick up more players over there. She will compete for a title.
(04-10-2024, 11:17 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote: McAlarnis is out at Perry officially. She’s taking her stud to Whitley and will pick up more players over there. She will compete for a title.

Lol 13th is a lot different than the 14th, better "pick up" more than one because Perry got blasted by every 13th region team they played this past season. 

Corbin WYMT 80-42
North @ Leslie 64-40
Bell County @ MC   76-69
Jackrabbit is only having wishful thinking hoping they are leaving the region. Perry did however blast Knox in the 2A. Choked against Bell. Should won that game. If 13th officials were not crooked, Bells stud would been ejected the night before for punching and kicking Whitley kids. But I admit 13th is stronger all the way around and much better. But usually one and done at state like the 14th.
(04-10-2024, 01:59 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Jackrabbit is only having wishful thinking hoping they are leaving the region.  Perry did however blast Knox in the 2A.  Choked against Bell.  Should won that game.  If 13th officials were not crooked, Bells stud would been ejected the night before for punching and kicking Whitley kids. But I admit 13th is stronger all the way around and much better.  But usually one and done at state like the 14th.

I agree with the one and done at the state level which this year surprised me. I thought North would have made a little more of a run than they did. I don't think Collins played in that KC game which I could be wrong about that.
Yes she played. It’s in KHSAA stats. Had a good game.

I thought North would make it to the Final Four. Very surprised.
(04-10-2024, 01:59 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Jackrabbit is only having wishful thinking hoping they are leaving the region.  Perry did however blast Knox in the 2A.  Choked against Bell.  Should won that game.  If 13th officials were not crooked, Bells stud would been ejected the night before for punching and kicking Whitley kids. But I admit 13th is stronger all the way around and much better.  But usually one and done at state like the 14th.
Actually Bulldog I am a fan of the whole family and hope the best for them. Go way back with Coach, and hope to see her succeed wherever it may be.
I wouldn’t doubt if McAlarnis and her sister stayed at Perry. It’s her senior year and she also plays softball
hearing two of whitleys girls enrolling at corbin first day will be monday. the clemmons kid and the hopkins kid
any announcement or naming of a coach
(04-11-2024, 12:14 PM)Sports_fan42 Wrote: hearing two of whitleys girls enrolling at corbin first day will be monday. the clemmons kid and the hopkins kid
Hopkins is a world traveler--3rd school in 3 years. Clemmons is a good talent with her size but Corbin is not the fit, no passing guards and she can't get her own shot. Also hearing from reliable sources that Corbin will soon be looking for a Coach. Wilson is moving to a Somerset school. Good luck to them both if they Transfer.
(04-12-2024, 01:11 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 12:14 PM)Sports_fan42 Wrote: hearing two of whitleys girls enrolling at corbin first day will be monday. the clemmons kid and the hopkins kid
Hopkins is a world traveler--3rd school in 3 years. Clemmons is a good talent with her size but Corbin is not the fit, no passing guards and she can't get her own shot. Also hearing from reliable sources that Corbin will soon be looking for a Coach. Wilson is moving to a Somerset school. Good luck to them both if they Transfer.
Corbin will welcome them with open arms, trust me and Isaac isn’t going anywhere.
Appears Whitley has a new Coach, Michael Petrey. Good luck coach.
Colonels on the Rise.
I wish Whitley girls, nothing but the best. But there political hires over the yearsl has wasted a lot of talent. Until they make a good hire. Like the baseball coach, nothing will ever change in Girls basketball.
(04-15-2024, 09:25 PM)insideinfo Wrote: I wish Whitley girls, nothing but the best. But there political hires over the yearsl has wasted a lot of talent. Until they make a good hire. Like the baseball coach, nothing will ever change in Girls basketball. 
Just a suggestion…you might want to learn the difference between there and there. That seems to be the easy out in this area, just blame it on politics. If you’re getting out worked cry politics…you don’t like a decision made…cry politics, your kid isn’t starting but never puts in extra time in the gym…it must be politics. Funny how people throw that around especially at Corbin and Whitley.

(04-16-2024, 12:02 AM)See Sports_fan42 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 09:25 PM)insideinfo Wrote: I wish Whitley girls, nothing but the best. But there political hires over the yearsl has wasted a lot of talent. Until they make a good hire. Like the baseball coach, nothing will ever change in Girls basketball. 
Just a suggestion…you might want to learn the difference between there and there. That seems to be the easy out in this area, just blame it on politics. If you’re getting out worked cry politics…you don’t like a decision made…cry politics, your kid isn’t starting but never puts in extra time in the gym…it must be politics. Funny how people throw that around especially at Corbin and Whitley.
THERE AND THEIR lol autocorrect.

You're the only person I've seen that didn't say they made a great hire today.

I would have to second this one. I don't have a dog in the fight but if they had a chance to get Mahan from North and went with this guy instead then 100% political. Always been that way there though that's why they don't do alot of winning, not the kids fault (the kids are talented) always have been but admin doesn't do anything to help the kids. South and Corbin will still be the two that come out of that district, nothing changes with this hire.
(04-16-2024, 12:02 AM)Sports_fan42 Wrote:

(04-16-2024, 12:02 AM)See Sports_fan42 Wrote:
Yeah just what I need the BIG BAD GRAMMER POLICE, lol . my Daughter played as a District opponent for 5 years. Every year Whitley had the most talent in the district, sometimes the most talent in region. What did they to show for it. Not one district or Regional championship.
(04-10-2024, 11:17 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote: McAlarnis is out at Perry officially. She’s taking her stud to Whitley and will pick up more players over there. She will compete for a title.
She never applied for the Whitley Job, their was ONE application and he got the job.....Zero interest. To much outside interference to get and keep a viable coach.

(04-16-2024, 03:40 PM)insideinfo Wrote:

Yeah just what I need the BIG BAD GRAMMER POLICE, lol . my Daughter played as a District opponent for 5 years. Every year Whitley had the most talent in the district, sometimes the most talent in region. What did they to show for it. Not one district or Regional championship.
As to that final comment about the most talent.....Imagine if they had kept the 3 girls who started for other teams this past season at Whitley along with what they had this year--they def would have been a contender for region.
(04-16-2024, 05:17 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
She never applied for the Whitley Job, their was ONE application and he got the job.....Zero interest. To much outside interference to get and keep a viable coach.

(04-16-2024, 03:40 PM)insideinfo Wrote:

As to that final comment about the most talent.....Imagine if they had kept the 3 girls who started for other teams this past season at Whitley along with what they had this year--they def would have been a contender for region.
That’s what I’m talking about, I meant no ill will against any kid from Whitley. I just feel like their administration have not been fair to female athletes for a long time.
(03-31-2024, 09:39 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote: Hearing a lot of rumble from Perry County. Will she make the switch?
She is coming to the 13th but not to WC
According to the blowbags at the baseball softball dbl header tonight she’s interviewing at Harlan County Monday
Who is expected to come out of that region next year?
(04-23-2024, 11:57 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote: According to the blowbags at the baseball softball dbl header tonight she’s interviewing at Harlan County Monday
Negative. She is enrolling the girls elsewhere to have a run at state at one of the London schools

(04-24-2024, 01:00 AM)Cerberus Wrote: Who is expected to come out of that region next year?
It’s fluid right know.  A lot of movement. nl will be good as well as Knox and SL
Heard a lot of talk at the track meet yesterday about Tina Muncy taking the Leslie job from Farmer again. I know video was comical and all but really gonna replace her because of that? Muncy have any coaching experience?