Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Bentley named East Jessamine Head Coach
East Jessamine has hired Jon Bentley as their new head coach
(04-02-2024, 12:14 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: East Jessamine has hired Jon Bentley as their new head coach

What's the wikipedia history on this guy?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-02-2024, 12:57 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 12:14 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: East Jessamine has hired Jon Bentley as their new head coach

He’s coached at estill and was Montgomerys recent coach. Honestly don’t know why they got rid of him but expectations are pretty unreasonable there given the region they play in. He’s a good coach and a really good guy.  Good hire.
(04-02-2024, 01:36 PM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote:

He’s coached at estill and was Montgomerys recent coach. Honestly don’t know why they got rid of him but expectations are pretty unreasonable there given the region they play in. He’s a good coach and a really good guy.  Good hire.

Happy to hear for East Jessamine. Is East Jessamine a good place to coach with good history?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-02-2024, 01:40 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 01:36 PM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote:

Happy to hear for East Jessamine. Is East Jessamine a good place to coach with good history?

I personally think it’s a great hire and they may not realize it yet. He’s had some bad luck along the way but he runs disciplined programs from what I know. Know some of his former assistants who have nothing but great things to say. East jessamine seems to take a back seat to west jessamine and everyone thought they wouldn’t get many great candidates compared to west but I personally think he could be a good fit. They have a good 8th grader coming up. So some things looking promising. I want to say it’s a little less crazy and political than places he’s used to.  But then again, that can depend on circumstance. Hopefully they give him a few years and don’t do him like they did at Montgomery.
Bentley is a nice hire

Was a great player at Hazard in the 90s. Played at EKU. If I am not mistaken he coached Estill County to the 14th Region Title and first ever trip to the state tournament.
Great hire…they just need to give him some time.
He will do great. Took an Estill program from nothing to region in a few years. Being in Lexington area it will help him a ton as well.
Great basketball mind and coach but needs to quit with the Hatcher ball it’s not the 80s anymore lol
(04-05-2024, 10:34 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Great basketball mind and coach but needs to quit with the Hatcher ball it’s not the 80s anymore lol
Ha, I appreciate that comment cause even though I respect the guy I was tempted to say that it’s going to put the fans in the uncomfortable position of choosing to watch the game, or watch the paint peelSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Tailback44
(04-05-2024, 10:34 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Great basketball mind and coach but needs to quit with the Hatcher ball it’s not the 80s anymore 
You must not have watched those Montgomery county teams. Bentley will play to his talent and in tight games he will control the tempo. He built that Estill county program from the ground up. Won several district championships and a region in 2018 (I think that was the year). If you go back and watch those games from that run you will see the level of control, discipline, and how fundamentally sound his players were. He did well at Montgomery, with an incredibly young team (with 2 starting 8th graders). You can pull records of his young teams and watch over the years and see the improvement. Will be a great fit for the community and the boys on the team. Hiring Bentley is probably the steal of the offseason.