Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USC Hires Eric Musselman
Most major outlets are breaking this one.

Musselman doesn't stay anywhere too long and has more of a history on the West Coast. 

By all accounts, his relationship with Arkansas' AD had become fractured, with local outlets even going as far as to suggest that it was irreconcilable. 

USC is on the move to the Big Ten, and playing more games in the Eastern and Central time zones (where roughly 80% of the US population resides) will help with visibility, but I also see it as having a bit of a reputation as a coaching graveyard. 

Andy Enfield, Tim Floyd, and Henry Bibby all either had great success in the college game and/or lengthy careers as professional assistants, and while they had some good years at USC, they never really took off either. 

Maybe Muss changes the culture, but I'm seeing a program that is the #2 college (to UCLA) in their own city and in an area that is more geared toward professional sports (and they can be apathetic towards those). Los Angeles has plenty to offer, but that may sometimes be a bad thing for 18-20 year old kids with newfound wealth and fame. 

Maybe it takes off and things work out, but this move is probably bigger news in the state of Arkansas and just a blip on the radar in Tinseltown, so I won't be surprised if the program is changing directions (again) in a few years.
I wouldn't hire that dude to coach my cats how to use a litter box.
To me this makes zero sense. SEC has been good and he's been competitive in the league at times. What's his goal for going there? Seems like a lateral or even backwards move.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-04-2024, 09:14 PM)Spud6 Wrote: To me this makes zero sense.  SEC has been good and he's been competitive in the league at times. What's his goal for going there? Seems like a lateral or even backwards move.

Venice Beach.... lots of nakedness.

Sexy goes West.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cactus Jack