Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calipari Hired At Arkansas
Done deal 

We are finally free of that garbage 

Expect an announcement in the morning. 
It’s already popping up on Twitter but a major donor in a group chat I’m in has confirmed that Calipari will be in Arkansas as early as tomorrow. They’re giving him a five year deal and the current recruits have already been called about flipping to Arkansas.

Barring a huge last minute upset, Calipari will be the coach of Arkansas tomorrow
Well it moved faster than even I thought.

ESPN already reporting it now

Plus Thamel says it’s a done deal

There was some rumblings last night that something big was happening. Tyson bunch was ready to leave a blank check to get him to Arkansas.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
THANK YOU ARKANSAS for proving the greater fool theory is real!!!

Greater fool theory

In finance, the greater fool theory suggests that one can sometimes make money through the purchase of overvalued assets — items with a purchase price drastically exceeding the intrinsic value — if those assets can later be resold at an even higher price.

In this context, one "fool" might pay for an overpriced asset, hoping that they can sell it to an even "greater fool" and make a profit. This only works as long as there are enough new "greater fools" willing to pay higher and higher prices for the asset. Eventually, investors can no longer deny that the price is out of touch with reality, at which point a sell-off can cause the price to drop significantly until it is closer to its fair value, which in some cases could be zero
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • insideinfo, RunItUpTheGut, Westside
It's rumored that Brad Calipari will be joining pops on the bench in Arkansas. I guess that was part of the deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • insideinfo
Oh happy day!
My bigger concern now is who will replace Calipari?
So Mitch stuck his neck out and kept Cal after all the backlash and in doing so Cal leaves on his own and saves Kentucky $33 million dollars on having to buy him out. Very interesting
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-08-2024, 07:09 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: My bigger concern now is who will replace Calipari?

My fear is that  Mitch will go with his Sunday school teacher friend, Scott Drew. Would be a horrible mistake. I'm hearing that both Billy Donovan AND Danny Hurley would not only take Mitch's call but would have interest in the job. Mitch needs to start at the TOP in his search and leave Scott Drew in Waco, where he can conduct his daily prayer meetings with players and coaches.

GO AFTER HURLEY!!!    Offer him eight figures !!! If a deal absolutely can't get done, go get Billy the former Kid.

(04-08-2024, 05:42 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Oh happy day!

Until it's not...
Blame it on Tre :

1.  After two years at UMASS, Tre Mitchell left for greener pastures at Texas. A year later, UMASS coach , Matt McCall, was fired.

2. After playing the '21-22 season at Texas, Tre left for West Virginia. A year later,  Texas Coach, Chris Beard , was arrested for strangling his fiance and was subsequently fired from Texas.

3. Tre spent the '22-'23 season in Morgantown , playing for Bob Huggins. After the season, Huggins was arrested and subsequently fired by WVU.

4. Tre transferred to UK after the Huggins' fiasco. After the season and early NCAA ouster, Cal is on the hot seat, with many fans calling for his ouster . Cal and UK , at first, seem to work things out, then Cal abruptly is out at UK and on to Fayetteville.

Hypothetical:  If Tre Mitchell had any eligibility left, would any coach recruit him ?  Smile

SB Nation gave Arkansas a grade of  for the Calipari hire.  Guess it's not seen as a garbage hire. Lot of booster money there with billionaires like Jerry Jones,  the Tyson family(and friends of Cal),  the Walton family(and I don't mean Jim Bob and John Boy).  Arkansaas fans are over the moon with this hire. How many of our 4 and 5 star recruits follow Cal to Fayetteville? The Arkansas roster is nearly depleted but won't be for long.
(04-08-2024, 01:55 AM)Westside Wrote: It's rumored that Brad Calipari will be joining pops on the bench in Arkansas.  I guess that was part of the deal.

earned. Not given lolol
[-] The following 2 users Like RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Westside
(04-08-2024, 07:09 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: My bigger concern now is who will replace Calipari?

it’s still early but different sources are saying different things

Goodman says Drew
Pilgrim is saying Hurley will be the first call
Trilly is reporting that Donovan is interested this time. 

Knowing Mitch, probably a complete loser but at least there’s hope now that the garbage has flown south. 

I think you throw the house at Stevens, Wright, and maybe Donovan. If none of those guys pick up the phone then you double Hurley salary. I don’t think UConn can match but we also need Purdue to win tonight because I don’t see him leaving after winning back to back titles.

Oats seems to be the easiest pick but he has an 18 million dollar buyout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Westside
Give Hurley more money than he can ever spend. If he won't take it, give it to Donovan . He won't say "no" this time.
(04-08-2024, 10:46 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

it’s still early but different sources are saying different things

Goodman says Drew
Pilgrim is saying Hurley will be the first call
Trilly is reporting that Donovan is interested this time. 

Knowing Mitch, probably a complete loser but at least there’s hope now that the garbage has flown south. 

I think you throw the house at Stevens, Wright, and maybe Donovan. If none of those guys pick up the phone then you double Hurley salary. I don’t think UConn can match but we also need Purdue to win tonight because I don’t see him leaving after winning back to back titles.

Oats seems to be the easiest pick but he has an 18 million dollar buyout.
I think big donors who disliked Cal and didn't want to line his greedy pockets for losing would come out of the woodwork to pay Oats's $18MM and still come out waaaay ahead on the $30+MM Cal would have gotten.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Cactus Jack, rookie57
(04-08-2024, 07:26 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

My fear is that  Mitch will go with his Sunday school teacher friend, Scott Drew. Would be a horrible mistake. I'm hearing that both Billy Donovan AND Danny Hurley would not only take Mitch's call but would have interest in the job. Mitch needs to start at the TOP in his search and leave Scott Drew in Waco, where he can conduct his daily prayer meetings with players and coaches.

GO AFTER HURLEY!!!    Offer him eight figures !!! If a deal absolutely can't get done, go get Billy the former Kid.

(04-08-2024, 05:42 AM)rookie57 Wrote: Oh happy day!

Until it's not...
Cals gone, he was great while it lasted, about 9 years, but he’s been finished for about 5 years, I’m appreciative of what he did at first, but it’s irreconcilable differences now, time for him to move on. Write it down, if ky goes 15-15 next year, while disappointed, I’ll stand by that I’m glad Cal is gone!
[-] The following 3 users Like rookie57's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Jarons, jetpilot
(04-08-2024, 09:36 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Blame it on Tre :

1.  After two years at UMASS, Tre Mitchell left for greener pastures at Texas. A year later, UMASS coach , Matt McCall, was fired.

2. After playing the '21-22 season at Texas, Tre left for West Virginia. A year later,  Texas Coach, Chris Beard , was arrested for strangling his fiance and was subsequently fired from Texas.

3. Tre spent the '22-'23 season in Morgantown , playing for Bob Huggins. After the season, Huggins was arrested and subsequently fired by WVU.

4. Tre transferred to UK after the Huggins' fiasco. After the season and early NCAA ouster, Cal is on the hot seat, with many fans calling for his ouster . Cal and UK , at first, seem to work things out, then Cal abruptly is out at UK and on to Fayetteville.

Hypothetical:  If Tre Mitchell had any eligibility left, would any coach recruit him ?  Smile

SB Nation gave Arkansas a grade of  for the Calipari hire.  Guess it's not seen as a garbage hire. Lot of booster money there with billionaires like Jerry Jones,  the Tyson family(and friends of Cal),  the Walton family(and I don't mean Jim Bob and John Boy).  Arkansaas fans are over the moon with this hire. How many of our 4 and 5 star recruits follow Cal to Fayetteville? The Arkansas roster is nearly depleted but won't be for long.

[/url]
Matt Jones

@KySportsRadio
[url=https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio]

Anyone saying (and there are UK fans who are saying this), “we are in for a rude awakening, etc” here is a reminder…

58 teams and coaches have won more NCAA Tourney games than we have in last 4 years

Make the right hire and Kentucky Basketball will be more than fine
Anybody saying anything negative about Kentucky Basketball right now is Drunk on the Cal Aid .Give tgem a few days to clear there heads and most will come around
As much of this drags on almost for a full 24 hour period it seems like Cal may not have been on the move as much as we thought. Something seems fishy
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-08-2024, 09:44 PM)Spud6 Wrote: As much of this drags on almost for a full 24 hour period it seems like Cal may not have been on the move as much as we thought. Something seems fishy
Oh he gone lol. Just handling it poorly as egomaniacs always do...
According to Dick Gabriel, Arkansas offered Cal, Cal then took it to Kentucky to counter it and Kentucky said No.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(04-09-2024, 02:21 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: According to Dick Gabriel, Arkansas offered Cal, Cal then took it to Kentucky to counter it and Kentucky said No.

Good for Barhardt. If true
#BBFL
They just posted that Cal's contract is $7 million a year for 5-years.

They have Tyson Chicken, Jerry Jones, and Walmart as backers. Cal will flourish in the recruiting and NIL there.
#BBFL
(04-09-2024, 02:21 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: According to Dick Gabriel, Arkansas offered Cal, Cal then took it to Kentucky to counter it and Kentucky said No.

Gabriel retracted that reporting.  Dick should bow down and apologize to Cal.

Here's the Legend arriving to the fanfare in Fayetteville.   Gonna be a thorn in the side of UK for years to come.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1778145560723161503

(04-10-2024, 03:37 PM)Spud6 Wrote: They just posted that Cal's contract is $7 million a year for 5-years. 

They have Tyson Chicken, Jerry Jones, and Walmart as backers.  Cal will flourish in the recruiting and NIL there.

He sure as hell will.
(04-10-2024, 08:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Gabriel retracted that reporting.  Dick should bow down and apologize to Cal.

Here's the Legend arriving to the fanfare in Fayetteville.   Gonna be a thorn in the side of UK for years to come.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1778145560723161503
He has already been a thorn in UK's side for years. Thank you Arkansas !!!! YES !!!!!!!!!!!!