Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Your Thoughts On Elly Antonio De La Cruz?
What are your thoughts on Cincinnati's Elly Antonio De La Cruz?  He took MLB by storm last season....for about 2 weeks.  With 33 AB on the season, he is currently hitting .242 with 0 homers and an OBP of .324.  Do you like him as a player.  What are your long term thoughts on him as a player?
It appears he isn't going to be the superstar many were predicting last season, but I like him as a player. I think he is exciting to watch.
brought up to early before he had any real slumps in the minors to work through. MLB Pitching figured him out. Just an average MLB player. You need those guys, but for the Reds thats big hype.

Until big money comes in and buys out (and way overpays for it) the little investor group that owns the Reds, nothing will change. Same Cincinnati families that have been robbing and stealing from people in the area for decades. (and I mean that with their day job businesses, not just the Reds.)
Elly got his 1st homer of the season today.
One inside the park home run too. And even more interesting, he hit one on each side of the batters box.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-08-2024, 11:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote: One inside the park home run too. And even more interesting, he hit one on each side of the batters box.

He plays very hard.  Like I stated earlier, he is a very exciting player.
(04-08-2024, 11:15 PM)Westside Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 11:07 PM)Spud6 Wrote: One inside the park home run too. And even more interesting, he hit one on each side of the batters box.

He plays very hard.  Like I stated earlier, he is a very exciting player.

And I’m two more years Reds won’t be able to afford him and he’ll go to some big name team and be a star
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Please keep these EDLC threads coming!!!! lol Two homers tonight, one ITP, the other went 450 ft. . He was a menace on the basepaths, scored four times, I think, once from first on a bad throw. His OPS is up over .900 now. More Elly threads, please!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Westside
(04-08-2024, 09:08 PM)plantmanky Wrote: brought up to early before he had any real slumps in the minors to work through. MLB Pitching figured him out. Just an average MLB player. You need those guys, but for the Reds thats big hype.

Until big money comes in and buys out (and way overpays for it) the little investor group that owns the Reds, nothing will change. Same Cincinnati families that have been robbing and stealing from people in the area for decades. (and I mean that with their day job businesses, not just the Reds.)

The numbers say he is quite a bit more than an average MLB player. He is the second fastest in all of baseball on the basepaths, and number one in arm strength as measured by the speed of his throws (for example short to home on a relay). That doesn’t mean he will ever consistently hit big league pitching, but he sure seems to have a high ceiling. If the Reds can continue to grind out wins even without McClain, Friedl and Marte, they could really be in the thick of things if they get everyone healthy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Spud6
He hit his 3rd homer tonight in a losing effort. He may be heating up.
Cruz is on fire.
I like that EDLC is drawing more walks. When he gets on base, the probability of him getting into scoring position sometime during the inning is extremely high.

Reds' last three series have all been sweeps. Swept the ChiSox , got swept by the Mariners, swept the Angels.

Reds stand at 12-9 with the Phils coming to town.