Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Drew to Kentucky?
(04-11-2024, 09:19 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 08:28 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Too much jumping to conclusions and guessing. We'll just have to wait and see.

What is your thought behind his family being in Lexington, Kentucky randomly yesterday?

i know this wasn’t directed towards me but from what I’ve read they toured Lexington and the schools down here. 

im hearing mixed stuff. A Baylor insider said No he’s staying family wasn’t on board. A UK insider said the family loved everything about Kentucky/Lexington. 

UK did give Scott a 24 hour deadline which ends today so one way or another we’ll find out or should find out today if Scott accepts it or not.
(04-10-2024, 02:10 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad move or a backwards hire. He took Baylor who was in shambles into a power house that won a national title.

I think Hurley either turned Kentucky down or Kentucky didn’t like the timeline for him.

If it is Drew could you imagine what next year could look like if, he can get VJ Edgecombe and several others to flip to Kentucky and to keep some if not
Most of the players already here? Look out…..

Baylor has one of the top recruiting classes for next season….
A lot of people seem to overlook this. Yes we will lose Cal's recruits but the next coach will bring in some they had as well. I don't think Drew is a terrible hire at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-11-2024, 09:19 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 08:28 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Too much jumping to conclusions and guessing. We'll just have to wait and see.

What is your thought behind his family being in Lexington, Kentucky randomly yesterday?

Wasn't random at all. In my mind Drew wants to take the job so he sent his wife and/or other family members to be given a tour of Lexington by the UK folks to see if she/they thought they would like living there. But again none of us can be sure so we wait...
I would expect an answer from Drew very soon, maybe even today.
Drew said no to Kentucky.

Search continues.
We in bad shape if Drew really turned us down.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Eh, on to the next one. A solid candidate and I don't think he'd have done terrible, but I also think that his ceiling was capped, especially if he didn't have the type of personality to want the UK job.

I will say that I thought of him as a very safe option where you knew what you were getting and knew that there'd be a fairly high floor.

If there's no Donovan, then the floor was probably lowered a bit, even if the possible ceilings are higher.

Might be a good time to start the "who now?" discussions.
Who now?

Bruce Pearl, Rick Pitino, who else?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
They’re still trying to get Hurley. He isn’t gonna say anything until after their parade tomorrow.

The craft family plane when to NYC this morning.

If that fails then it’s to Billy D….

I’m skeptical of Billy D because he’s been out of the game so long he’s not recruited or anything….
I don't want to see Bruce Pearl walk through the door.
(04-11-2024, 12:48 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: They’re still trying to get Hurley. He isn’t gonna say anything until after their parade tomorrow.

The craft family plane when to NYC this morning.

If that fails then it’s to Billy D….

I’m skeptical of Billy D because he’s been out of the game so long he’s not recruited or anything….

The plane did go to NYC. But is currently sitting at LaGuarda Airport which is 14 minutes from Saint Johns and 2 hours away from Connecticut's campus.
#BBFL
Kentucky is going all in on Hurley.
(04-11-2024, 01:18 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Kentucky is going all in on Hurley.

That's what we need and when he says no we live with it and know they went after the hottest name in college basketball and offered him every dollar we had.
#BBFL