Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Farmer Named Head Coach at East Ridge
What's the story on this guy?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-11-2024, 03:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: What's the story on this guy?
Played for East Ridge, Was an assistant for couple years,  Head Coach of girls team for 3 years prior to returning to boys bench as an assistant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roncris8's post:
  • Spud6
Good luck seems like a hard place to win.
Safe hire. He will keep the kids that are currently there. He will keep everyone happy while doing what admins want. Alot of names was brought up in this job to settle with the previous girl's coach. Great guy, but a safe hire.
Good hire. Good basketball guy who likes being there and is not happy just to land a job.
Didn't do the job as the girls Jon and now the boys program takes a huge step backward. Just stating true facts, but he is a great person and I hope I'm wrong but don't think so.
For once I agree with you Warriorhawk. He is a great guy but not who I would have picked to take over the program. Big step backwards in my opinion.
Not a good hire. Thier best player Keene already transferred to Pikeville and they will be more that leaves. Look what this coach did as the girls coach at East Ridge. The whole administration should be fired over this hire!!! Starting with the sorry principal at the school. This school has hit rock bottom.

FACTS. GO LOOK AT HIS RECORD AS THE GIRLS COACH

Farmers record as girls coach at East Ridge
2020-21- won 5 lost 22
2021-22- won 4 lost 25
2022-23- won 3 lost 27
Total
Wins-12 losses- 74
Counting East ridges 94-9 embarrassing loss to Pikeville this year.

Easy to hire someone that is already teaching at the school. But this is a hire because the administration is too dam sorry to do thier job. Only thier for the $$$$ and what money they can steal
(04-23-2024, 10:54 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Not a good hire. Thier best player Keene already transferred to Pikeville and they will be more that leaves. Look what this coach did as the girls coach at East Ridge. The whole administration should be fired over this hire!!! Starting with the sorry principal at the school. This school has hit rock bottom.

2020-21- won 5 lost 22
2021-22- won 4 lost 25
2022-23- won 3 lost 27
Total
Wins-12 losses- 74
Counting East ridges  94-9 embarrassing loss to Pikeville this year.

Easy to hire someone that is already teaching at the school. But this is a hire because the administration  is too dam sorry to do thier job. Only thier for the $$$$ and what money they can steal

To be devils advocate. Who applied for the East Ridge job?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-23-2024, 01:55 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 10:54 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Not a good hire. Thier best player Keene already transferred to Pikeville and they will be more that leaves. Look what this coach did as the girls coach at East Ridge. The whole administration should be fired over this hire!!! Starting with the sorry principal at the school. This school has hit rock bottom.

2020-21- won 5 lost 22
2021-22- won 4 lost 25
2022-23- won 3 lost 27
Total
Wins-12 losses- 74

Easy to hire someone that is already teaching at the school. But this is a hire because the administration  is too dam sorry to do thier job. Only thier for the $$$$ and what money they can steal

It was rumored that Kevin Spurlock was one person that had applied.
After what happened at Floyd Central, would any 15th or 14th region school, for that matter take a chance on Spurlock? I'd love to see him back in the area coaching, but I think his style of coaching doesn't seem to work like it once did.
(04-23-2024, 04:41 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: After what happened at Floyd Central, would any 15th or 14th region school, for that matter take a chance on Spurlock? I'd love to see him back in the area coaching, but I think his style of coaching doesn't seem to work like it once did.

I think this proved that is exactly the case, definitely one of the best coaching minds in our area, the style just wasn't exactly what folks take to kindly.

2020-21- won 5 lost 22
2021-22- won 4 lost 25
2022-23- won 3 lost 27
Total
Wins-12 losses- 74

SO the coach before Adam Farmer had records of the three years prior  14-17  , 9-20 , 8-22 which was not much better and now that person is being considered for the Pikeville job.   I dont think we can down people for what they have been dealt with.  East Ridge has lost players and they have middle school programs that don't always have the numbers needed to compete at next level.      Adam will do fine with the boys and I would like to know who else is leaving because what i am being told , THEY are all in!      And the middle school programs are working harder ever day to get the talent ready.

(04-23-2024, 01:55 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

2020-21- won 5 lost 22
2021-22- won 4 lost 25
2022-23- won 3 lost 27
Total
Wins-12 losses- 74

I can tell you they had close to 10 applications. I wont name names, but the decision was made and now we have to get behind our coach and players!

2020-21- won 5 lost 22
2021-22- won 4 lost 25
2022-23- won 3 lost 27
Total
Wins-12 losses- 74

Don't believe he was the coach for the loss this year, also don't think it would've mattered who the coach was for that one. Not knocking the lady Warriors by any means because they made great strides this year, but he was not their head coach this past year. Lol
Blame the administration. Who in the world would want this job. They have destroyed this program. Started with the hire of what supposed to of been a high profile coach a few years ago and all he done was destroy every athletic program at the school and Rob the school blind. All the administration AT EAST RIDGE SHOULD BE FIRED STARTING WITH THE PRINCIPAL. I WILL PRAY FOR THIS SCHOOL. THEY NEED IT BAD. BAD BAD BAD HIRE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • pantherfan4
Congrats Coach!
Roncris8 has no clue. HUSH!!!
I think it will be good, Adam is a guy who would aspire to stay at East Ridge and keep the kids. Good luck!
Ladies and Gents, thank you for accepting me into this great website. Personally, I think this was an astonishing hire, Adam has a lot of heart and wants nothing but the best for these young folks. They have great hardworking players too. Guys like Damron, McCoy and Hopkins who can really put on a show. Then you have some decent guys who can give you some decent minutes off the bench like Wallace, Coleman, and G. Damron. Only issue with the guys off the bench (Wallace, G. Damron, Coleman) they need the weightroom. Need to be physically stronger so they don't get bullied. Super powerful hire!
(05-02-2024, 09:31 AM)WarHawk11.5 Wrote: Ladies and Gents, thank you for accepting me into this great website. Personally, I think this was an astonishing hire, Adam has a lot of heart and wants nothing but the best for these young folks. They have great hardworking players too. Guys like Damron, McCoy and Hopkins who can really put on a show. Then you have some decent guys who can give you some decent minutes off the bench like Wallace, Coleman, and G. Damron. Only issue with the guys off the bench (Wallace, G. Damron, Coleman) they need the weightroom. Need to be physically stronger so they don't get bullied. Super powerful hire!
Great input here, i would agree that wallace needs the WEIGHTROOM could be the best center in the region behind eb next year!