Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Names Mark Pope New Head Coach
(04-12-2024, 11:33 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: https://twitter.com/RealPitino/status/17...01087.html

This was awesome to see. But I wonder what Saint John's admin is saying about the talk Rick Pitino is doing about Kentucky and offering to open the checkbook for them for NIL.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(04-12-2024, 11:45 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 11:33 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote: https://twitter.com/RealPitino/status/17...01087.html

This was awesome to see. But I wonder what Saint John's admin is saying about the talk Rick Pitino is doing about Kentucky and offering to open the checkbook for them for NIL.

Their lawyers might be salivating about the NIL comment and his duty of loyalty should they ever choose to really make a stink about it.
We easily forget pitino is in his 70s now and probably don’t give a flying turd about anything.

If they want to try him he will just walk. They need him a lot worse than he needs them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • jax
It's his money, he can give it to whomever he wants. None of their business.
(04-13-2024, 11:36 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: We easily forget pitino is in his 70s now and probably don’t give a flying turd about anything.

If they want to try him he will just walk. They need him a lot worse than he needs them.

Look, I don't have a damn thing against sex perverts. I really don't.  Some of the most successful people and nicest people I've known like to get freaky where it's stinky. So what that Rick likes to do his best full court pressing on restaurant tables.  So what that he provides prostitutes for his teenage recruits. He's just looking out for his youngsters' best interests. Rick is still sharp as a tack. Morals is way overrated. UK fans care much more about wins than moral failures. Get it done, Coach Pope, make Ricky P your first hire. Pitino should be Pope's right hand man here at KY.  Get it done, Saint Pope!!!
Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs! Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

In your words..... Waya Mean?
Have you been humbled BGR BBN  ?

#humbleBigBluePie

We can't get more humbled than we got the last 4 years under Cal. I'm all in on Pope and it torturing OSH is a huge bonus. The more hate he spews the more I love it. Pope's probably going to be here the rest of your life OSH, get used to it. YES!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • jax
(04-14-2024, 12:27 AM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:

In your words..... Waya Mean?
Pitino said he would open his checkbook up for NIL for Pope while being a D1 coach at Saint Johns. Just seems odd
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL

I wondered about that. He seemed genuinely excited about Kentucky hiring Pope. is he coming to Kentucky? lol
(04-14-2024, 12:15 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 11:36 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: We easily forget pitino is in his 70s now and probably don’t give a flying turd about anything.

Look, I don't have a damn thing against sex perverts. I really don't.  Some of the most successful people and nicest people I've known like to get freaky where it's stinky. So what that Rick likes to do his best full court pressing on restaurant tables.  So what that he provides prostitutes for his teenage recruits. He's just looking out for his youngsters' best interests. Rick is still sharp as a tack. Morals is way overrated. UK fans care much more about wins than moral failures. Get it done, Coach Pope, make Ricky P your first hire. Pitino should be Pope's right hand man here at KY.  Get it done, Saint Pope!!!

Rick is a good coach, but I care more about morals and my soul more than anything else.
Rupp Arena will be Rockin' and Rollin' today..
I don't think anyone needs to be the judge of Rick's morals. He had sex with a woman like 20 years ago? I doubt OSH got too mad at Bill Clinton for much worse. Pitino got in trouble at UL for stuff going on in the program he didn't know about? OSH loves Cal more than life itself even though he had a Final 4 vacated at UMASS and basically forfeited a season of wins at Memphis for "not knowing". So I'm not buying the hypocrisy, it's totally predictable and on brand.
Whether anyone likes it or not, Pope is now the coach at UK. Rather than waste energy hating on him and making snide, perverted remarks, I'm going to support him and see what he can do. EVERYBODY has had a first time position, and everybody deserves the opportunity.

JMO
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bluecat, jax, Westside
Will his press conference be televised live today?
Kentucky is going all out the and Rupp is packed and wild. This will kill Cal. It is live on WLEX now.
(04-14-2024, 01:33 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Whether anyone likes it or not, Pope is now the coach at UK.  Rather than waste energy hating on him and making snide, perverted remarks, I'm going to support him and see what he can do.  EVERYBODY has had a first time position, and everybody deserves the opportunity.

JMO

No one has made snide, perverted remarks about Mark Pope. I did say that he should hire Coach Pervert away from St John's to be the Associate Head Coach. I would be all for having Coach P back on the bench here.  Rajon Rondo, as well. Rondo has a great basketball mind.  Bigtime basketball IQ. Ruthless competitor. So what that he is a convicted felon and threatened his galpal with a gun. Wasn't he caught with an underage girl, as well?  I think Kentuckians will be perfectly fine to doing whatever it takes to get wins. Wins matter more than any silly moral stuff to most of BBN. With Rondo sticking the proverbial knife in the backs of our competitors for recruits and Ricky P providing the hookers when needed, we will soon be back on top.   Coach P, go get Ricky and Rondo tomorrow!!!

(04-14-2024, 05:48 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Kentucky is going all out the and Rupp is packed and wild. This will kill Cal. It is live on WLEX now.

Cal is happy to finally be away from this mentally ill fanbase.
I really love these two quotes from Coach Pope’s speech.

“Players are not doing the jerseys a favor by letting them clothe them. Our guys will know quickly that it will be one of the great honors of their life to wear that jersey.”

“The difference between Kentucky and every other program is that this isn’t my team…it’s OUR TEAM (points to the crowd)”
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Granny Bear
Well, I'm VERY impressed with Pope's first media pressor!!
Rupp was packed, and with an estimated 5,000 waiting outside. Looks like he's going to begin with a lot of support.
I haven’t played organized basketball since 1982 and after that today I’m ready to suit up. That was awesome!
(04-14-2024, 06:15 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 01:33 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Whether anyone likes it or not, Pope is now the coach at UK.  Rather than waste energy hating on him and making snide, perverted remarks, I'm going to support him and see what he can do.  EVERYBODY has had a first time position, and everybody deserves the opportunity.

JMO

No one has made snide, perverted remarks about Mark Pope. I did say that he should hire Coach Pervert away from St John's to be the Associate Head Coach. I would be all for having Coach P back on the bench here.  Rajon Rondo, as well. Rondo has a great basketball mind.  Bigtime basketball IQ. Ruthless competitor. So what that he is a convicted felon and threatened his galpal with a gun. Wasn't he caught with an underage girl, as well?  I think Kentuckians will be perfectly fine to doing whatever it takes to get wins. Wins matter more than any silly moral stuff to most of BBN. With Rondo sticking the proverbial knife in the backs of our competitors for recruits and Ricky P providing the hookers when needed, we will soon be back on top.   Coach P, go get Ricky and Rondo tomorrow!!!

(04-14-2024, 05:48 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Kentucky is going all out the and Rupp is packed and wild. This will kill Cal. It is live on WLEX now.

Cal is happy to finally be away from this mentally ill fanbase.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The one thing that I didn't like was Coach P's fawning all over the slimeball AD. I thought they were gonna have to get a room.

I'm just glad Pastor Drew decided to stay in town with the Branch Davidians. Talk about a snoozefest if Drew had gotten off that bus today. At least Mark has a personality. I hope the nutty fanbase doesn't eat him alive like it would have Pastor Drew.

I'm a big Jeffereson Starship fan. I liked the "Find Your Way Back" touch.  "Winds of Change" would work, as well.

(04-14-2024, 06:50 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Well, I'm VERY impressed with Pope's first media pressor!!
Rupp was packed, and with an estimated 5,000 waiting outside.  Looks like he's going to begin with a lot of support.

BBN will be behind him big time...UNTIL  the first loss. Then they'll be calling him "ass."   Impossible to please these nuts. When the Cats slide to 13-9 and fall by 16 to Nate's Tide,  the bigots will come out of the woodwork. I hope Mark is a big enough man to handle this dysfunctional fanbase.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad the fanbase won't tolerate 1 NCAA tournament win in 4 years with losses to St. Peters an Oakland.

This one's for you OSH!!!

Oscar Combs
@wildcatnews
·
58m
Thank you
@CoachMarkPope
for shout out. So excited you are leading
@KentuckyMBB
. Such a breath of fresh air with enthusiasm & positivity going forward. My fondest memory of 1996 was not FF, but you and
@JeffSheppard15
spending time with youth groups at local churches. Love you.
(04-14-2024, 08:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad the fanbase won't tolerate 1 NCAA tournament win in 4 years with losses to St. Peters an Oakland.

Oscar Combs
@wildcatnews
·
58m
Thank you
@CoachMarkPope
@KentuckyMBB
. Such a breath of fresh air with enthusiasm & positivity going forward. My fondest memory of 1996 was not FF, but you and
@JeffSheppard15

Fans want wins not church youth groups. Besides , 95% of BBN thinks Mormonism is a cult.  Just coach, Mark!  Kids don't need to her about planet Kolob.

I liked Pope's opening day.  Still the slobbering over Mitch will be regrettable when all is said and done. Mitch has been named in a lawsuit that alleges sexual assaults including rape by the former swimming coach and claiming the school “purposefully” disregarded multiple credible reports of inappropriate sexual relationships.  Church people like Mitch never cease to amaze with their sleazy hypocrisy. Hopefully, Mitch is gone long before the fanbase runs off Pope.
(04-14-2024, 08:59 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 08:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oscar Combs
@wildcatnews
·
58m
Thank you
@CoachMarkPope
@KentuckyMBB
@JeffSheppard15

Fans want wins not church youth groups. Besides , 95% of BBN thinks Mormonism is a cult.  Shut up and coach, Mark! 

I liked Pope's opening day.  Still the slobbering over Mitch will be regrettable when all is said and done. Mitch has been named in a lawsuit that alleges sexual assaults including rape by the former coach and claiming the school “purposefully” disregarded multiple credible reports of inappropriate sexual relationships.  Church people like Mitch never cease to amaze with their sleazy hypocrisy. Hopefully, Mitch is gone long before the fanbase runs off Pope.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! WHERE'S MY MEDS!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
To quote a great American stateswoman, this crazy fanbase (and it's AD!!!) is made up of a bunch of deplorables.
(04-14-2024, 09:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: To quote a great American stateswoman, this crazy fanbase (and it's AD!!!)  is made up of a bunch of deplorables.

The only thing crazy is they waited so long to run Cal off. But keep crying, your tears taste like delicious ice cream.
I'm not crying. I don't have a problem with Pope. He's far less dangerous than the other funny hat Pope guy. Speaking of criminals, wonder if Pope would consider adding the convicted felon, disgraced AG Commissioner, thief, and BBN's most famous former inmate, Richie Farmer, to his staff? BBN is one of the few fanbases that would applaud an ex-con and felon.

As long as the wins kept coming, BBN would have no problem with guys like Farmer and Rondo, also a convicted felon and woman abuser. Since we are in the mood for bringing back home boys, why not go all the way with it. Our fanbase will overlook character issues if it means winning more basketball games.

BBN would roll with Farmer and Rondo in a Mormon minute.