Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzz Around Pikeville
(04-22-2024, 09:23 AM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: She lost two or three that went to grade school at RW. It’s ok to take up for the people you love nothing wrong with that. All I am saying in PCC was going good in the right direction when the legend himself Coach Napier was at the helm. It was went downhill ever since.
I hope Misty goes on and is successful. I just don’t see it in my opinion
The last year Randy coached, the record was 10-14. I’m assuming he didn’t leave misty with a lot of talent

(04-21-2024, 11:08 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 02:12 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Perry County has about the worst girls basketball in the entire region.  Randy couldn’t get it done his last 5 years either.  Ain’t NO TALENT.  Just a lot of entitlement and politics.  We will see what the OBI coach can do with the homegrown kids.  Will they go out and buy him some talent like they done for years with the boys?
I’m just saying she had the best teams in the region at least two years she was at PCC. Last year her team got beat by a bunch of grade school girls in the 1st round of the District on her home floor.
Abby Maggard was beating everyone that night. Nobody in the region had a chance if she played like that every game.

(04-22-2024, 01:29 AM)Desperado888 Wrote: I must chime in on this one as I see it a little differently than some of you.  All Misty had was the Neace kid and her daughter. She had two kids that couldn’t start at Hazard that started for her and another kid starting that couldn’t have started on any of the top 5 or 6 teams in the region.    I just don’t think PCC was the best team in the region last year or this year.  The coach at Hazard hasn’t won anything so let’s not give him a crown just yet.  I do think he works hard with the players but can’t figure out why he ain’t in Paintsville trying to get that job with his family being there.  But more power to him.

Gonna go back and say this….::
Owsley was the best team in the 14th HANDS DOWN.  Then maybe Knott and LCC.  I’d say PCC 4th.    PCC was 22-10 I think or 21-10.  Looked at their schedule just now over on KHSAA.  Think that team overachieved with what little bit of athletes it had.  Just my opinion.  Hope nobody is offended.
I agree with owsley county being the better team. Any of their starters would start on another good team in the region. Like you said, Perry really only had two solid players. The rest were just getting by

(04-22-2024, 06:50 AM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Yea look at the records of the teams they beat. They had 12 wins against teams with losing records. I never once said Perry had the best team in the region. How many wins did Perry have against good teams. Maybe 2. Over the 5 years that she has been at Perry how many kids  1 either didn’t come out to play for her or 2 transferred out of the program?
The area we live in mostly has teams with losing records. Can’t exactly pack up and travel two hours on a school night and play the best all around Kentucky several times a week. I’m sure if you look at the rest of the teams in the region it would be about the same. Like owsley- they won the region but never played super good competition. Who was the best team they beat? Corbin? They didn’t even have their head coach or best player that game. So honestly, Perry or Knott was the best teams they beat. That’s not saying much…
(04-23-2024, 01:13 AM)Cerberus Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 09:23 AM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: She lost two or three that went to grade school at RW. It’s ok to take up for the people you love nothing wrong with that. All I am saying in PCC was going good in the right direction when the legend himself Coach Napier was at the helm. It was went downhill ever since.
The last year Randy coached, the record was 10-14. I’m assuming he didn’t leave misty with a lot of talent

(04-21-2024, 02:12 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Perry County has about the worst girls basketball in the entire region.  Randy couldn’t get it done his last 5 years either.  Ain’t NO TALENT.  Just a lot of entitlement and politics.  We will see what the OBI coach can do with the homegrown kids.  Will they go out and buy him some talent like they done for years with the boys?
I’m just saying she had the best teams in the region at least two years she was at PCC. Last year her team got beat by a bunch of grade school girls in the 1st round of the District on her home floor.
Abby Maggard was beating everyone that night. Nobody in the region had a chance if she played like that every game.

(04-22-2024, 01:29 AM)Desperado888 Wrote: I must chime in on this one as I see it a little differently than some of you.  All Misty had was the Neace kid and her daughter. She had two kids that couldn’t start at Hazard that started for her and another kid starting that couldn’t have started on any of the top 5 or 6 teams in the region.    I just don’t think PCC was the best team in the region last year or this year.  The coach at Hazard hasn’t won anything so let’s not give him a crown just yet.  I do think he works hard with the players but can’t figure out why he ain’t in Paintsville trying to get that job with his family being there.  But more power to him.

Owsley was the best team in the 14th HANDS DOWN.  Then maybe Knott and LCC.  I’d say PCC 4th.    PCC was 22-10 I think or 21-10.  Looked at their schedule just now over on KHSAA.  Think that team overachieved with what little bit of athletes it had.  Just my opinion.  Hope nobody is offended.
I agree with owsley county being the better team. Any of their starters would start on another good team in the region. Like you said, Perry really only had two solid players. The rest were just getting by

(04-22-2024, 06:50 AM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Yea look at the records of the teams they beat. They had 12 wins against teams with losing records. I never once said Perry had the best team in the region. How many wins did Perry have against good teams. Maybe 2. Over the 5 years that she has been at Perry how many kids  1 either didn’t come out to play for her or 2 transferred out of the program?
The area we live in mostly has teams with losing records. Can’t exactly pack up and travel two hours on a school night and play the best all around Kentucky several times a week. I’m sure if you look at the rest of the teams in the region it would be about the same. Like owsley- they won the region but never played super good competition. Who was the best team they beat? Corbin? They didn’t even have their head coach or best player that game. So honestly, Perry or Knott was the best teams they beat. That’s not saying much
(04-23-2024, 09:27 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 01:13 AM)Cerberus Wrote:

The area we live in mostly has teams with losing records. Can’t exactly pack up and travel two hours on a school night and play the best all around Kentucky several times a week. I’m sure if you look at the rest of the teams in the region it would be about the same. Like owsley- they won the region but never played super good competition. Who was the best team they beat? Corbin? They didn’t even have their head coach or best player that game. So honestly, Perry or Knott was the best teams they beat. That’s not saying much
Owsley was 26-10 and played a good competitive schedule. Lost by 2 to Bowling Green at Rupp. Lost to 4th ranked Cov Holy Cross in the All A State quarterfinals after leading most first half. Lost by 2 to Knox and Martin in the WYMT. Beat Corbin 14. I know…they had a key player out but still a double digit win. Lost only 2 games in the region during season, one in OT at Perry after leading for four quarters and one by 10 at Letcher. Lost to top 20 rated Boyd and North Laurel by double digits but the experience of playing those type teams played big dividends in post season run to the region championship. 
For you to say Owsley didn’t play any competitive schedule is being disingenuous to say the least.
Could you all talk about 14th region basketball in a thread not about Pikeville?
(04-23-2024, 12:01 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Could you all talk about 14th region basketball in a thread not about Pikeville?
Well, when my home school is called out in any thread I’m going to come to their defense if I feel it’s a legitimate reply.
(04-23-2024, 12:28 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 12:01 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: Could you all talk about 14th region basketball in a thread not about Pikeville?
Well, when my home school is called out in any thread I’m going to come to their defense if I feel it’s a legitimate reply.

Not just talking about one reply, it just kind of took over a thread with a totally different topic. By the way, Owsley was very, very impressive this year, really was pulling for them in Lexington!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
Agree with Colonel, keep thread about Pikeville. Other stuff is over. Done deal.
Any word on applicants?
(04-25-2024, 01:17 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: Any word on applicants?

Any word on if Denise Campbell has any interest or if it is there from admin of the school? I just know she is already there coaching softball with a lot of experience, just a thought.
(04-25-2024, 02:43 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 01:17 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote: Any word on applicants?

Any word on if Denise Campbell has any interest or if it is there from admin of the school? I just know she is already there coaching softball with a lot of experience, just a thought.
It makes sense to move her over from softball and let the Morgans run the softball team. Either way, i expect Pikeville to lose some players after the hire.
Pikeville made a huge mistake by letting Orem get away. That's like running McNamee the football coach off. Parents are destroying sports.