Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denise Campbell, New Pikeville Head Coach
Congrats!
Good hire. I thought they was going to hire Misty from Perry. Wonder what happened. I’d say she lands at Hazard next year
(05-07-2024, 08:37 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Good hire. I thought they was going to hire Misty from Perry. Wonder what happened. I’d say she lands at Hazard next year
Coach Howard going somewhere?
(05-07-2024, 08:45 PM)devils88 Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 08:37 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Good hire. I thought they was going to hire Misty from Perry. Wonder what happened. I’d say she lands at Hazard next year
Coach Howard going somewhere?
No. She will be an assistant
Every post they try to make bout Misty or her family. No she won’t be at hazard. 0 chance

Congrats to pikeville on their new coach.
Underwhelming, but temporary hire
Would have thought they would have brought in a bigger name. Someone from outside the 15th at least...
(05-07-2024, 10:21 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Every post they try to make bout Misty or her family. No she won’t be at hazard. 0 chance

Congrats to pikeville on their new coach.
According to a couple of parents who have kids play both of her girls have practice with them a couple times. Just going by what a couple of our parents here at hazard high school that have kids playing are saying
(05-07-2024, 08:37 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Good hire. I thought they was going to hire Misty from Perry. Wonder what happened. I’d say she lands at Hazard next year. 
No way she ends up at Hazard. She’s headed out of the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Varsityclub2004's post:
  • shottaker23
This was the safest hire, however, would have thought there would have been a lot of interest in this job. Was there a coaching search done, or was the job just posted?
(05-08-2024, 10:59 AM)Varsityclub2004 Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 08:37 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Good hire. I thought they was going to hire Misty from Perry. Wonder what happened. I’d say she lands at Hazard next year. 
No way she ends up at Hazard. She’s headed out of the region.
Heard the same.

Negative, she and the girls land at one of two in the 13th
(05-08-2024, 02:40 PM)Bandit29 Wrote: This was the safest hire, however, would have thought there would have been a lot of interest in this job.  Was there a coaching search done, or was the job just posted?

I was told the job was offered to an outside. It was accepted then the outsider got familiar with how Orem "resigned", then stepped away. The job was the opened and not too much interest was drawn due to the fact that Orem "resigned" after all that success.