Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Harlan County coach stepped down
(04-29-2024, 05:20 PM)hchs fan Wrote: well wondor who all applied any names being thrown around or mentioned
Given the quietness of the ones in the know in HC I would guess that their isn't much interest. And to honest most of the talent is at the city school. Not a very appealing job in my opinion regardless.
HCS spill the beans who are some of the names? Lol

I hear interviews will take place on Wednesday.
Jesus HCS will you give hchs fan something lol. The anticipation is killing him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • hchs fan
well
(04-29-2024, 07:05 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 05:20 PM)hchs fan Wrote: well wondor who all applied any names being thrown around or mentioned
Given the quietness of the ones in the know in HC I would guess that their isn't much interest. And to honest most of the talent is at the city school. Not a very appealing job in my opinion regardless.

I said earlier there were 7-8 applicants. I'm not going to get into names on here. I quit reporting on who "might" be hired in the 90s. I will have a story when they hire someone though. :)
As far as appealing - HC played in the 13th Region Tournament finals in 09, 10, 12, 16, 17, 18 and 19. I think that was seven out of the first 11 years. Not sure anyone other than Clay has done that.
well
(04-30-2024, 05:50 PM)HCS Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 07:05 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:

I said earlier there were 7-8 applicants. I'm not going to get into names on here. I quit reporting on who "might" be hired in the 90s. I will have a story when they hire someone though. Smile
As far as appealing - HC played in the 13th Region Tournament finals in 09, 10, 12, 16, 17, 18 and 19. I think that was seven out of the first 11 years. Not sure anyone other than Clay has done that.
Historically yes but recently no. Plus the cupboard is pretty bare at the moment. And from what I've seen their isn't a lot of talent coming up the proverbial pipe. But yes outside of the last 5 years they were very competitive.
Pretty decent middle school group that was basically the JV team last year. Not as strong as the boys middle school group though. They were down last year but won 20-plus the two previous years. Only two losing seasons in 16 years all together.
well
hearing decision about 9:00 Friday morning
(05-02-2024, 02:56 PM)hchs fan Wrote: hearing decision about 9:00 Friday morning

I heard last interview was today.
well
Gary Greer will be the next coach, heard it here first. HC basketball won’t be back at the top anytime soon.
[-] The following 2 users Like GotYouInMyScope's post:
  • hchs fan, shottaker23
well

when will press conference or announcement be made or published
(05-03-2024, 07:13 PM)hchs fan Wrote: well

when will press conference or announcement be made or published

I’d say Monday.
well
well look like no coaching news coming out or nothing very very quite
(05-06-2024, 11:48 AM)hchs fan Wrote: well look like no coaching news coming out or nothing very very quite
I agree.  Very little action on that job. I'm sticking by my earlier comments about their being little interest and that is primarily because their is very little talent left for several years although someone mentioned the past this job is about the present and future. And from what I've seen its pretty bleak for the next 3 to 4 years. If their was a qualified candidate they would have already Hired them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • hchs fan
yep
(05-06-2024, 11:56 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 11:48 AM)hchs fan Wrote: well look like no coaching news coming out or nothing very very quite
I agree.  Very little action on that job. I'm sticking by my earlier comments about their being little interest and that is primarily because their is very little talent left for several years although someone mentioned the past this job is about the present and future. And from what I've seen its pretty bleak for the next 3 to 4 years. If their was a qualified candidate they would have already Hired them.

Doesn't matter if a qualified candidate applied or not. I was told by a Harlan City employee that they heard it straight from the AD himself that they would hire from within.
interim head coach has been in put in place until permanent head coach is named or announced
(05-06-2024, 12:41 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote:

Doesn't matter if a qualified candidate applied or not. I was told by a Harlan City employee that they heard it straight from the AD himself that they would hire from within.
Cate Mitchell has been hired on a "interim" basis. So basically a band aid until a qualified candidate appears
(05-06-2024, 01:27 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:

Cate Mitchell has been hired on a "interim" basis. So basically a band aid until a qualified candidate appears

I know two people who are qualified both have been high school head coaches and one came highly recommended by several people that applied for that job. I think this is the band aid but it will be a band aid that won't be ripped off anytime soon and she will be "promoted" after the summer. Another example of Harlan County not giving a piss about their girls program. Lol 

Ole how the Debbie Green days will be cherished.
(05-06-2024, 01:42 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote:

I know two people who are qualified both have been high school head coaches and one came highly recommended by several people that applied for that job. I think this is the band aid but it will be a band aid that won't be ripped off anytime soon and she will be "promoted" after the summer. Another example of Harlan County not giving a piss about their girls program. Lol 

I was told they contacted Elgie about coming back but he declined. Honestly its not a very attractive job at this point in my opinion. The cupboard is pretty bare for talent(yes I know others think otherwise lol). And yes Debbie done a great job there
[/quote]
I was told they contacted Elgie about coming back but he declined. Honestly its not a very attractive job at this point in my opinion. The cupboard is pretty bare for talent(yes I know others think otherwise lol). And yes Debbie done a great job there
[/quote]

Who is "they?"
I'd be surprised if it was the principal or AD.
Nothing against Elgie. He did a good job at Pineville this year and was great to work with at HC earlier.

You have people applying for a job recommending other candidates?
well
[/quote]

Who is "they?"
I'd be surprised if it was the principal or AD.
Nothing against Elgie. He did a good job at Pineville this year and was great to work with at HC earlier.

(05-06-2024, 11:56 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: I agree.  Very little action on that job. I'm sticking by my earlier comments about their being little interest and that is primarily because their is very little talent left for several years although someone mentioned the past this job is about the present and future. And from what I've seen its pretty bleak for the next 3 to 4 years. If their was a qualified candidate they would have already Hired them.

You have people applying for a job recommending other candidates?
[/quote]

Let me reword that. One of the people that applied has several high school and college coaches send in recommendation letters on their behalf. The other person had coach for the past 5 seasons in another region. 

I’m not driving now so a tad easier to typeSmile
Idk why either of the Green’s would want to leave pineville for HC. They should see a lot of success this year for sure. Grass isn’t always greener