Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henley Vanilli : Singers Who Lip Sync Live Performances--- Are They Cheats?
This is a story you are probably gonna be hearing more about. We all remember Milli Vanilli  being exposed for lip syncing their concert performances. In fact, the duo had their Grammy stripped from them for miming their live shows.  Well, don't think for a minute that Rob and Fab have been the only frauds in history that have done this.

I follow a channel on You Tube called Wings of Pegasus. It's an outstanding channel operated by a professional musician by the name of Fil. He's a great guy with a tremendous appreciation for all genres of music from every era. In addition, he is an expert at at pitch analysis using software technology. He uses it on most of his videos. The guy knows what he's doing.

A couple of weeks ago he analyzed several live performances of the Eagles from a few years ago to more recent shows. His focus was on the "singing" of Don Henley.  Fil showed conclusively that Don has been miming his songs for years. This is not debatable. The pitch software revealed identical wave patterns for all of those shows, which is impossible!!!  Fil illustrated this by singing a line three times, trying to sing it exactly the same each time. To the human ear , all of Fil's vocals sounded identical but the pitch software showed that they were all different.  Henley's however, showed the exact same pattern for shows that were years apart. It's as much proof as a person's fingerprint. 

The Eagles (and Don Henley, in particular) have been cheating concert goers for years by lip syncing the songs.  The Eagles charge exorbitant prices of $400-500 or more for their tickets, only to be miming to pre-recorded tracks. Ironically, the Eagles, particularly Henley are the most litigious performers on the planet. They have sued anyone and everyone for copyright infringement and anything else they can think of.  Henley hires 60+ people and pays them a few bucks a hour to watch You Tube videos 24/7  and have videos taken down that he doesn't want displayed.

How do you feel about guys like Henley and the Eagles who charge $500 a ticket but just mime the words to their songs?  Is this fraud?  Should they come out and admit this and let concert-goers decided whether or not they want to pay these prices to watch lip synced performances?  Would you feel cheated if you threw down 5 C-Notes for a ticket and later found out that the performers were not actually singing?

I wouldn't be surprised if a class action lawsuit doesn't pop up eventually, with fans wanting refunds of their ticket prices. I think we'll be hearing more about this in the days and weeks to come. It will be interesting to see how, and if, the Eagles and Henley respond to this revelation. They've been busted!!!  What can they say?

Comments???
Eagles should be made to refund ticket prices to fans that were cheated. I hope a lawsuit is filed so Henley has to respond to the irrefutable evidence.
This has been going on for ages. especially in live performances. I think most people accept it and don't mind much if at all. Heck, American Bandstand was all lip-sync'd back in the day and everybody thought it was funny and still watched every Saturday. Tons of pre-recorded vocals and instrumentals now as well as computer generated music. You can even make your own songs on AI now and not know how to play any instrument. I saw the Eagles in Lexington and loved it. Knew then Don Henley's voice couldn't sound exactly like it did 30, 40+ years ago and didn't care. I probably don't want to her his old man singing voice lol.
Old School : Cancer is bad.

Jetpilot : Old School is a brainwashed lib who can't see all of the merits for cancer.

:)
(04-22-2024, 02:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Old School :  Cancer is bad.

Jetpilot :  Old School is a brainwashed lib who can't see all of the merits for cancer.

Smile

Where do you get this stuff lol