Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Rose & Major League Baseball
This might be something that's been discussed here before, but what are everyone's thoughts on Pete Rose's relationship with Major League Baseball, especially with gambling now being embraced.

Do you think Rose bet on baseball? If so, do you think he bet on games he was involved in?

Do you feel that he should be in the Hall of Fame?
Yes, he bet on baseball. Yes, he bet on games he was involved in.(Evidence suggests he bet on the Reds to win). Yes, he should be in the Hall of Fame.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bluecat, Cactus Jack
I have no doubt Pete Rose bet on baseball.  I also believe he bet on games he was involved in.  I do not believe he manipulated any games to aid himself in his gambling.  The view on gambling has changed over the years.  Gambling isn't my biggest concern if Pete Rose, however.  The rumors of him being involved with a very, under aged girl sexually concerns me much more.  I do not feel he should be kept out of feel the baseball hall of fame for gambling.  If other the rumor proves to be true, he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the hall of fame.
Pete should no be involved in baseball in any capacity, should never see the Hall of Fame, and all of his records should be removed.
(04-18-2024, 06:43 PM)Westside Wrote: I have no doubt Pete Rose bet on baseball.  I also believe he bet on games he was involved in.  I do not believe he manipulated any games to aid himself in his gambling.  The view on gambling has changed over the years.  Gambling isn't my biggest concern if Pete Rose, however.  The rumors of him being involved with a very, under aged girl sexually concerns me much more.  I do not feel he should be kept out of feel the baseball hall of fame for gambling.  If other the rumor proves to be true, he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the hall of fame.

It's not a rumor. She said the relationship started at 14 or 15. He said 16 .  As unsavory as that seems for many of us, I 'd say ball players and very young girls was a pretty commonplace occurrence .   I'd say several of the main cogs of the Big Red Machine were chasing a lot of young tail.  Put Pete in the Hall of Shame, if you want, for what he did off the field. But he deserves to be in the HOF for what he did on it.
^^^The selective outrage of the morals czar on here is shocking. Not.
(04-18-2024, 08:22 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Pete should no be involved in baseball in any capacity, should never see the Hall of Fame, and all of his records should be removed.

I agree with the first two but not the last one.
(04-18-2024, 08:22 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Pete should no be involved in baseball in any capacity, should never see the Hall of Fame, and all of his records should be removed.

Why is that?  Gambling?

If Old School had anything to do with it, Pete would be a HOF'er this afternoon.