Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Transfers
Any news on any kids moving schools? Seems about this time of year we start hearing about transfers.
I am hearing there may be some movement in the 50th District. If so, SL will be the very happy beneficiary.
(04-26-2024, 01:24 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: I am hearing there may be some movement in the 50th District. If so, SL will be the very happy beneficiary.
Actually the  Shoptaw kid is moving back from Ga. He will be a senior guard. Prev had been in the North system but hearing he wants to go to South for the chance to play at Rupp. He is a nice 2guard and nice addition to the Region wherever he goes.

(04-26-2024, 01:24 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: I am hearing there may be some movement in the 50th District. If so, SL will be the very happy beneficiary.
But what have you heard lol. Can't dangle it, spill it
Actually after more thought about that statement, I can't think of anyone within the 50th district that is returning who would crack the SL starting lineup. They return everyone and all of the bench other than Bundy. Ellis from Whitley would be a nice addition but thats about it, the burg has no desirable pieces to SL, and Corbin other than Pietrowski(who obviously is not coming) no one other than Akins and his attitude would not work with the SL coach. No one within the 50th would make SL a happy beneficiary
You heard it here first... There is a smoldering fire in Redhound Nation. The question is can Coach P extinguish it. OR does he even care at this point?
(04-27-2024, 09:19 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: You heard it here first... There is a smoldering fire in Redhound Nation.  The question is can Coach P extinguish it. OR does he even care at this point?
Tony is a great coach, but the last couple of years it almost looks like some burnout is coming thru. But in my opinion their is no talent down their that could interest the better programs in the 13th other than Akins as a shooter---but the attitude with that one is pretty entitled, I don't think he is going anywhere. Rumors were flying that P was going to move his son to Boyle for football but I think that was BS. Basketball wise the hounds will be a nonfactor in the 13th this coming year. Basketball this year runs thru HC or SL--thats it no one else.
Better add Bell County to that list!!
(04-27-2024, 03:46 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Better add Bell County to that list!!
They got annihilated by SL and beaten by HC soundly last year. Brad is one of the best coaches in the 13th but in my opinion they are not competitive with those 2
(04-27-2024, 09:19 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: You heard it here first... There is a smoldering fire in Redhound Nation.  The question is can Coach P extinguish it. OR does he even care at this point?
Interesting…Don’t the Akin’s kids dad sit on bench with Coach P?
(04-28-2024, 10:33 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Yes and that is part of the problem
(04-28-2024, 11:53 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 10:33 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Yes and that is part of the problem
I don’t see the problem.. Watched nearly every game this season and thought it was best season for Corbin since 2018..
You don't see a problem with a parent sitting on the bench, a parent who moved his kid from another school to Corbin, and now is shopping him to other schools(allegedly) and kid has a bad attitude with little respect for coach P(I only saw about 6 games but it was their in every game). Also record wise the season was pretty much the same record wise as prior years other the Covid year when football season cancelled the first several games. Tony is a great coach but I have never seen him let a parent have access to the bench or practices the way he has this gentleman. Not my issue though and I wish them a great season.
(04-27-2024, 07:18 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
They got annihilated by SL and beaten by HC soundly last year. Brad is one of the best coaches in the 13th but in my opinion they are not competitive with those 2

That's true, but only lost 2 to graduation.  Lots and lots of talent left on that team.  Brad is one of a very few coaches (IMO) that knows how to develop that talent.  
I could be wrong, but I consider them a strong contender next season.
(04-29-2024, 11:45 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

That's true, but only lost 2 to graduation.  Lots and lots of talent left on that team.  Brad is one of a very few coaches (IMO) that knows how to develop that talent.  
Brad is one of the best coaches in the 13th, he got a bad rap at NL but has done well. That being said although they only lost 2, HC only lost 2(although 1 was a monster) and SL lost 2pts a game(plus they have a player at 6'8 that no one in the region can match up with). Bell will be one of the better teams in the 13th and if they schedule the same way they did last year they will have a great record......but they will not beat HC or SL in my opinion
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • Cowboy42
(04-29-2024, 11:50 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:

Brad is one of the best coaches in the 13th, he got a bad rap at NL but has done well. That being said although they only lost 2, HC only lost 2(although 1 was a monster) and SL lost 2pts a game(plus they have a player at 6'8 that no one in the region can match up with). Bell will be one of the better teams in the 13th and if they schedule the same way they did last year they will have a great record......but they will not beat HC or SL in my opinion
I definitely agree that South and Harlan will be the two top teams in the Region next year..Brad is an outstanding coach and I’m not sure what happened at North that you mentioned..

(04-29-2024, 11:38 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: You don't see a problem with a parent sitting on the bench, a parent who moved his kid from another school to Corbin, and now is shopping him to other schools(allegedly)  and kid has a bad attitude with little respect for coach P(I only saw about 6 games but it was their in every game). Also record wise the season was pretty much the same record wise as prior years other the Covid year when football season cancelled the first several games. Tony is a great coach but I have never seen him let a parent have access to the bench or practices the way he has this gentleman.  Not my issue though and I wish them a great season.
lol.. I wouldn’t let it bother you too much, if that’s the worst thing that’s ever happened we’re in pretty good shape…
(04-29-2024, 07:21 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

I definitely agree that South and Harlan will be the two top teams in the Region next year..Brad is an outstanding coach and I’m not sure what happened at North that you mentioned..

(04-29-2024, 11:38 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: You don't see a problem with a parent sitting on the bench, a parent who moved his kid from another school to Corbin, and now is shopping him to other schools(allegedly)  and kid has a bad attitude with little respect for coach P(I only saw about 6 games but it was their in every game). Also record wise the season was pretty much the same record wise as prior years other the Covid year when football season cancelled the first several games. Tony is a great coach but I have never seen him let a parent have access to the bench or practices the way he has this gentleman.  Not my issue though and I wish them a great season.
lol.. I wouldn’t let it bother you too much, if that’s the worst thing that’s ever happened we’re in pretty good shape…
As far as what happened at North it wasn't anything bad just saying he got a bad rap for having 2 of the better players in the 13th in Reed and Peyton Broughton and was not able to win the big ones. A lot of people where saying he couldn't coach(which is garbage. 1 of the best in the 13th). And yes if thats the worst then we are ok lol
Speaking of north are they even going to have enough for a team? Heard Valentine ran off another or almost did. What’s his deal? Is he that unlikeable?
(04-30-2024, 10:21 PM)predict_proba Wrote: Speaking of north are they even going to have enough for a team?  Heard Valentine ran off another or almost did.  What’s his deal? Is he that unlikeable?
Heard that last summer he had 4 that were going to play minutes tried to leave and him and the assistant Messer threatened them with KHSAA and vowed they would sit for a full year. I know one of them called the bluff and left with no repercussions. My opinion only but I believe he is one of the worst coaches in the region and treats players badly. Good luck to them though.
I'm so far removed from high school sports these days, that I don't hear these juicy little tid bits nearly as much as I used to!!

Pity!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • shottaker23
(05-01-2024, 01:40 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 10:21 PM)predict_proba Wrote: Speaking of north are they even going to have enough for a team?  Heard Valentine ran off another or almost did.  What’s his deal? Is he that unlikeable?
Heard that last summer he had 4 that were going to play minutes tried to leave and him and the assistant Messer threatened them with KHSAA and vowed they would sit for a full year. I know one of them called the bluff and left with no repercussions. My opinion only but I believe he is one of the worst coaches in the region and treats players badly. Good luck to them though.
Just another fine example of educators/Adults being bullies to kids..It seems fair game nowadays for adults to bully kids in the name of coaching..Wonder how Coach Messer felt when he was FIRED at Barbourville High School? Why was Messer FIRED at BHS? I’m sure you’ll hear new Superintendent came in and hired his old friend Coach Taylor..Administration at Barbourville obviously don’t play games with parents or coaches. Coaches that threaten players for any reason should be FIRED and the Administration relieved of duties for not doing the right thing when it comes to kids. Obviously Barbourville High School did the right thing by FIRING Messer..From what I’m hearing North plans to keep Valentine till his hair grows back and that’s very disappointing for the kids of North Laurel..

Bell returns every player, and all but 16 ppg came from sophomores or younger so one would assume the jump from sophomores to juniors and from freshmen to sophomores would make the biggest difference in development. I think south laurel is the biggest favorite, but Bell should be solid at 2. 

As for HC, huff is one of the best guards in the region. Should they be good? of course. But i think people need to realize what a difference trent noah makes. He was the best player in the state last year IMO. Harlan County has just lost over 40 percent of their scoring, a double digit rebounder, the facilitator of the offense, and the best defender all in one guy. Also they lose another key starter that was huge come tournament time in Johnson, and only went 6 guys most of last year. I think they will still be very very good and will still be near the top. But now teams don’t have to prepare for the biggest force in the state. The attention he got from defenses made everyone on the floor better, and trust me it’s really easy to play your best when everyone is preparing and looking at someone else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • shottaker23
(Yesterday, 10:11 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Just another fine example of educators/Adults being bullies to kids..It seems fair game nowadays for adults to bully kids in the name of coaching..Wonder how Coach Messer felt when he was FIRED at Barbourville High School? Why was Messer FIRED at BHS? I’m sure you’ll hear new Superintendent came in and hired his old friend Coach Taylor..Administration at Barbourville obviously don’t play games with parents or coaches. Coaches that threaten players for any reason should be FIRED and the Administration relieved of duties for not doing the right thing when it comes to kids. Obviously Barbourville High School did the right thing by FIRING Messer..From what I’m hearing North plans to keep Valentine till his hair grows back and that’s very disappointing for the kids of North Laurel..
All of the South Laurel coaches, parents, fans and boosters are begging for North Laurel to keep Valentine. He is the best "recruiter" and "advocate" for the South Laurel basketball team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • shottaker23
(Yesterday, 11:53 AM)Grannyshot Wrote:
All of the South Laurel coaches, parents, fans and boosters are begging for North Laurel to keep Valentine. He is the best "recruiter" and "advocate" for the South Laurel basketball team.
Lmao, this wins the post of the day!
Hearing it’s gonna workout well for Coach Hines as well..
(Yesterday, 12:19 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
Hearing it’s gonna workout well for Coach Hines as well..
Sorry but South has zero football talent. Hines will be fine but very low expections I would imagine.