Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe Co 6 Breathitt Co 4
Final in Campton
Rough start for the Bobcats. Gave up 5 in the first 2 innings. Wolfe is tough. They have a lot of good hitting. Region is wide open this year.
(05-01-2024, 11:29 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Rough start for the Bobcats. Gave up 5 in the first 2 innings. Wolfe is tough. They have a lot of good hitting. Region is wide open this year.
This will be the most open I can remember. There will be no easy first round game. Maybe the first time the draw really won't help or hurt anyone as it is so even.
Team with the best pitching staff should probably win. Who has the most pitching?
(05-02-2024, 11:28 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Team with the best pitching staff should probably win.  Who has the most pitching?
I think Wolfe has more pitching.  Fielding is their issue
(05-02-2024, 01:15 PM)Re2pect281 Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 11:28 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Team with the best pitching staff should probably win.  Who has the most pitching?
I think Wolfe has more pitching.  Fielding is their issue
Powell has the best pitching
IMO: I’ve watched a couple breathitt games, Wolfe games, hazard, Perry, Powell and Knott. The region will play to the draw.

I see it like this by district.
Powell- has the most depth on the mound and 2 solid starters with 3-4 to follow. They hit the ball and don’t make a ton of mistakes in the field.
Estill- has a solid arm that can cause some trouble. Bats haven’t shown out the most but Estill always plays solid baseball in May.
Wolfe- this team is another year from running through the region. Have shown streaks of being really good. Whisman or Oliver on the mound they become tough. They have hit the ball great all year.
Breathitt- when Bellamy is healthy and on the bump my money is on them. They need a number 2 they can turn loose to win a close game and we haven’t seen that. Turner has been hit or miss and crisp has been roughed up by Wolfe and Perry now. They don’t have the luxury of an explosive offensive line up as they did last year.
Hazard- has a quality one. And it’s shown beating breathitt but after that like everyone else. It’ll be an offense game. Varney will play small ball and be disciplined. Can go a long way.
Perry- beat breathitt, been hammered by others. No clear cut 1. Watched them play breathitt and hazard and just didn’t look like a Perry team from the past.
Knott- 2 strong arms with a quality arm to come around. Do not know much about offensive production with them.
Letcher- been a dumpster fire this season from what I’ve seen. Wish them the best but rough season and only getting harder.

The loser of the 55th has it worst. You theoretically draw hazard, Powell, or Knott. All the other districts have a shot at drawing letcher besides Knott. That 55th district championship will tell us a lot. If breathitt wins and draws letcher or Estill and gets on the opposite side of that districts counter part I give them a shot. If Wolfe wins I think it’s Powell to lose unless they draw breathitt first round.

Powell/breathitt first round I think someone else wins it. If they draw same side I think the top seed on the opposite side wins it. They draw opposite I think it’ll be a heck of a championship game. But can’t count any of them out. As well as rain can play a big factor.
I think for the biggest part if the year it’s been three teams. Powell, Wolfe, and Knott. After that I think there is a sizable drop off. Hazard, estill, Perry and Breathitt. Mainly cause those other teams don’t have a pitchers outside of their top. Estill is my dark horse they throw multiple people and maybe don’t have a true ace but they play decent defense and can at times hit the ball.

I think if powell plays their best ball it’s Powell’s to lose. They have pitching, hitting, defense and leadership. Anyone can get on a run and go off. You can hit 8 line drives and all be caught and hit 8 corkscrews for hits and win the game. It’s baseball and stuff happens. The biggest thing will be on the draws. Whichever of the top three that’s one the opposite side has an advantage. Breathitt is good with Bellamy on the mound. I think he can hold teams but I don’t think they score enough runs even with him on the mound to beat one of the top three. He throws around 85,86 consistently. I don’t see him going long into the game due to the arm trouble he’s had all year. But you have to win 3 consecutive games and they have only done that 2 times all year. Just hard for me to see them making it past one game. Even with Bellamy pitching. Wolfe has the second best pitching staff. They hit well but struggle defensively. They have highs and lows. Watch a few games and when they are clicking they are as good as anyone. Knott has a solid team. They do struggle to hit consistently and outside of napier they don’t have a blow it by you type of pitcher. But they can give team a headache with their style to play.

Also a big contributor to who wins is that they have to field balls on Knott co’s field. It’s very inconsistent and doesn’t take a true hop. It will be interesting how people handle the bounces. Could get interesting. No game is safe that’s why I lean towards the best pitching staff and best defense which is powell.
(05-02-2024, 08:59 PM)Baseball247 Wrote: I think for the biggest part if the year it’s been three teams. Powell, Wolfe, and Knott. After that I think there is a sizable drop off. Hazard, estill, Perry and Breathitt. Mainly cause those other teams don’t have a pitchers outside of their top.  Estill is my dark horse they throw multiple people and maybe don’t have a true ace but they play decent defense and can at times hit the ball.

I think if powell plays their best ball it’s Powell’s to lose. They have pitching, hitting, defense and leadership. Anyone can get on a run and go off. You can hit 8 line drives and all be caught and hit 8 corkscrews for hits and win the game. It’s baseball and stuff happens. The biggest thing will be on the draws. Whichever of the top three that’s one the opposite side has an advantage. Breathitt is good with Bellamy on the mound. I think he can hold teams but I don’t think they score enough runs even with him on the mound to beat one of the top three. He throws around 85,86 consistently. I don’t see him going long into the game due to the arm trouble he’s had all year. But you have to win 3 consecutive games and they have only done that 2 times all year. Just hard for me to see them making it past one game. Even with Bellamy pitching. Wolfe has the second best pitching staff. They hit well but struggle defensively. They have highs and lows. Watch a few games and when they are clicking they are as good as anyone. Knott has a solid team. They do struggle to hit consistently and outside of napier they don’t have a blow it by you type of pitcher. But they can give team a headache with their style to play.

Also a big contributor to who wins is that they have to field balls on Knott co’s field. It’s very inconsistent and doesn’t take a true hop. It will be interesting how people handle the bounces. Could get interesting. No game is safe that’s why I lean towards the best pitching staff and best defense which is powell.
Pitching and defense will decide the Region champion. However, just the ability to put the ball in play will result in some positive results. So not striking out is huge at knott.
If Wolfe Co doesn’t play any more games you can take them out of consideration. As of today they have only played 19 games, and just have 5 left on the schedule. Everyone else in the region is playing games . Poor scheduling by coaching staff. Can’t blame the weather, everyone else had the same weather. These games could help with their fielding issues that have came up this season. Don’t understand why you don’t play as many of the 36 games available…
As long as the defense holds up, Bellamy can still shock everyone for 2 games at least.
Will anyone be able to contend with Powell?
(05-06-2024, 12:48 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: As long as the defense holds up, Bellamy can still shock everyone for 2 games at least.
I believe the only team that can contend with Powell in the 14th is Wolfe. Wolfe without the defensive errors is the best team in the region, they hit the ball well and have a good pitching rotation. If Wolfe cleans up the errors I believe it’s theirs to lose, I believe Wolfe and Powell play sometime this week should be a good game that will determine a lot before post season begins.
(05-06-2024, 01:36 PM)Bulldog717 Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 12:48 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: As long as the defense holds up, Bellamy can still shock everyone for 2 games at least.
I believe the only team that can contend with Powell in the 14th is Wolfe. Wolfe without the defensive errors is the best team in the region, they hit the ball well and have a good pitching rotation. If Wolfe

cleans up the errors I believe it’s theirs to lose, I believe Wolfe and Powell play sometime this week should be a good game that will determine a lot before post season begins.
if anyone could wash away their defensive errors then they could be the best team in the region. I don’t think they stand a chance to Powell, regardless of if you scratch Powell’s errors or not.