Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott Grizzle named Head Coach at Pike Central
Solid pickup
Someone told me this morning that Griz was their man. Solid hire.
Know nothing about him besides he graduated from Raceland
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
He has recently been the running backs coach at UPike.
(05-03-2024, 03:34 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Know nothing about him besides he graduated from Pike Central
No he didn’t
(05-03-2024, 03:38 PM)CoachCharles423 Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 03:34 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Know nothing about him besides he graduated from Pike Central
No he didn’t

Yep. I knew Raceland but put Pike Central for some reason
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-03-2024, 03:40 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(05-03-2024, 03:38 PM)CoachCharles423 Wrote:
No he didn’t

Yep. I knew Raceland but put Pike Central for some reason
Gotcha!!!  You know how much fake stuff gets put on here purposefully.  I wasn’t taking a shot just correcting.  Thanks for not taking offense Spud
[-] The following 1 user Likes CoachCharles423's post:
  • Spud6
Let’s see if he can make an impact. The kids deserve someone to help build them a winning program and get some excitement built around football.(However, kids have to do their part too, especially the weight room!) Previously, Chapman and Mac are the only ones I know who made a huge impact. Congrats on an outside hire, definitely needed!
Wasn’t he the one who took the Hazard job a few years ago when Dixon left only to resign right before the season before ever coaching a game?
(05-03-2024, 03:34 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Know nothing about him besides he graduated from Raceland

He was head coach at Greenup Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-03-2024, 05:23 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Wasn’t he the one who took the Hazard job a few years ago when Dixon left only to resign right before the season before ever coaching a game?

Yes
Maybe he can make it to the first game before he leaves the kids hanging high and dry this time.
Is this the same guy who coached at Hazard for a day?
(05-03-2024, 05:23 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Wasn’t he the one who took the Hazard job a few years ago when Dixon left only to resign right before the season before ever coaching a game?
Fo' rizzle, my nizzle

Smile
(05-04-2024, 12:01 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Is this the same guy who coached at Hazard for a day?
People have lives outside of football that cause circumstantial changes.  This guy is a good dude and sometimes there are instances that change perspective and outcomes that we don’t have full control over.  Grizzle is the guy and he’s gonna do a great job.  We just have to have player, parent, community buy in.  If we constantly “bleacher coach” the coach on every single play and not realize that sometimes plays do t work, sometimes the players don’t work, then we can be successful.  

We have too many people in the stands and in the halls destructively criticizing rather than supporting them and allowing them to self reflect and constructively criticize them selves from within.  Let’s give him a chance and support him.  #GOHAWKS
[-] The following 2 users Like CoachCharles423's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Westside
Head scratcher in my opinion but I hope he can do good for those young men.
Scott is a damn good football coach. Things happen in this life that are beyond our control. When it comes to the Hazard job, I will leave it at that. I have known Scott Grizzle all of my life as we went to school together. I’m excited that he is getting another shot at a HC spot. He did good things at Greenup. Personally, I think this is a great spot for Scott and Scott is a great coach for Pike Central. Imo, both need some stability in the football world, imo. If both parties work together, this could be a really good thing for Pike Central.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArmChairHC's post:
  • Fanatic42, Westside
(05-04-2024, 08:58 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Scott is a damn good football coach. Things happen in this life that are beyond our control. When it comes to the Hazard job, I will leave it at that. I have known Scott Grizzle all of my life as we went to school together. I’m excited that he is getting another shot at a HC spot. He did good things at Greenup. Personally, I think this is a great spot for Scott and Scott is a great coach for Pike Central. Imo, both need some stability in the football world, imo. If both parties work together, this could be a really good thing for Pike Central.

Leave it at what? The dude literally showed up in Hazard ONCE as coach — for the announcement and that was it. Never even met with the full team. 

Hope he does well at PC but little respect for how he handles that situation.
(05-07-2024, 10:25 AM)Golden Dome Wrote:
(05-04-2024, 08:58 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Scott is a damn good football coach. Things happen in this life that are beyond our control. When it comes to the Hazard job, I will leave it at that. I have known Scott Grizzle all of my life as we went to school together. I’m excited that he is getting another shot at a HC spot. He did good things at Greenup. Personally, I think this is a great spot for Scott and Scott is a great coach for Pike Central. Imo, both need some stability in the football world, imo. If both parties work together, this could be a really good thing for Pike Central.

Leave it at what? The dude literally showed up in Hazard ONCE as coach — for the announcement and that was it. Never even met with the full team. 

Hope he does well at PC but little respect for how he handles that situation.
He was put in a very difficult situation. I don't think it should have been handled the way it was but I also cant blame him for making the decision he did for personal reasons.