Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville Chrisian Academy - Coaching Vacancy..
This was posted by Coach Story on his FB page: 

From Facebook:
Don Story
Hey family and friends,
I guess it is time that I speak on the situation at Danville Christian Academy. 
Six years ago, I felt like God was leading me to DCA, and throughout the Six years I have felt spiritual warfare along the way, but God always assured me He was with me. 
It has been both tough and extremely rewarding at the same time. I have had the pleasure to coach some truly amazing young men. I wouldn’t trade the last 6 years for anything. It has been one of the best spiritually growing times of my life. 
When I was called in and told that there was a problem and some parents didn’t support me, I had a lot of emotions from surprise to anger to sadness. Over the last few days, I’ve come to understand that my days at DCA are over, and I have a peace about it. I am not mad at Mr. Holderman or Dr. Lamb. They are brothers in the faith, and were put in a difficult situation. Ephesians 6:12 says, “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of darkness of the age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
I believe the devil tries to destroy relationships at all costs. Let’s not let him win in this situation. 
I also believe that if God is for it, we can’t stop it, and if He’s against it, we can’t make it happen. That’s where my peace comes from, God, being in control. That means, if I was going to be mad at anyone, it would be at God. I’m not going to do that because God loves me, wants the best for me and has a plan for my life that is always perfect. My plan was to coach 7 years, but sometimes our plans are not His. 
One word God has blessed me with over the past 6 years is TRUST! And in the situation, I will Trust In The Lord!
Any Updates with the Job
This should be a really good job. Anyone know who leading candidates may be?