• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Coach Tom Greer is Retiring…. What’s next for Corbin Football…..
Coach Greer just announced to players n staff he is stepping down as football coach and retiring…
[-] The following 3 users Like Grannyshot's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz, Hound05
At least it’s not him…..
I’ve heard Mark Dixon from Perry will be the next Coach. He would be a good one. Chappell will be his OC.
(05-06-2024, 05:51 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’ve heard Mark Dixon from Perry will be the next Coach.  He would be a good one.  Chappell will be his OC.

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
https://www.thenewsjournal.net/tom-greer...QRA6bNWXgo

[Image: https://www.thenewsjournal.net/wp-conten...32x300.jpg]
Tom Greer announces resignation as head coach of Corbin High School football team
Posted On 06 May 2024By : Trevor ShermanComment: 0Tag: Corbin High School, Facebook, Redhounds, Tom Greer
After four years as the head coach of the Corbin High School varsity football program, Tom Greer has announced his resignation. In addition to stepping down from his coaching duties, he will also be resigning as the school district’s Director of Safety and Director of Pupil Personnel.

“Although I have held a variety of athletic coaching positions, and have loved them all, being given the honor of coaching the Redhound football team holds a special place in my heart,” Greer said in a post on his personal Facebook page Monday afternoon. “Coming back to Corbin to coach was like coming home to where I learned to be a Redhound and what it means. But after 33 years of coaching and 34 years in education, I have prayed and reached a peacefulness about stepping down as the head coach and retiring.”

Greer went on to thank the Corbin community and the school district for their support. He said that he does not know for certain what he will do after retirement, but said that he will continue to love and support the entire Redhound community.

Greer is a 1983 graduate of CHS, helping the 1982 Hounds win a state championship title in his senior season. He left Corbin for other opportunities in the mid-nineties, but returned in the early 2010’s to take on administrative roles in the school system and help coach the varsity football team.

Greer took over as head coach in 2020, and in the past four seasons has led the Redhounds to a 46-5 overall record, including a state runner-up finish in 2022. He said that he is excited about the talent that the team has coming back next year, and he looks forward to seeing what they will be able to accomplish under the guidance of a new head coach, which the school district will now begin a search for.

“There’s not a better school district in the state of Kentucky,” Greer said of Corbin. “From preschool all the way up to high school, it is a great school and community. If Corbin is going to do something, they will do it at a top level.”
Of course they wait til this late in the game to do this. God forbid they get a chance to go make a good hire. I’m sure this will be another inside hire that the irrelevant 82ers can control.
[-] The following 3 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, Gitback Coach
(05-06-2024, 05:51 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’ve heard Mark Dixon from Perry will be the next Coach.  He would be a good one.  Chappell will be his OC.
That job is too big for Mark Dixon.
Well I sure hope they don’t have a hiring committee again, because they didn’t listen to it the last time so why not just let the Super hire anyway!
(05-06-2024, 06:28 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote:
That job is too big for Mark Dixon.
It’s 11 vs 11.  To big?   Dixon can do it with ease.  He had the guys Greer had this year Boyle would went home in semi finals. Smith boys wouldn’t been standing on the sidelines when the O was out there at crunch time.
Eddie James or Jason Foley.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • MFL57
I would say the hazard coach. He is full on energy.
Nick Mills should be considered
Coach Haddix once told some of us that three people would have to be gone before he would ever consider returning to Corbin (he did not want to leave Corbin).

One down .... Two to go !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42
Nick Mills is a name that has been floated around
(05-06-2024, 06:21 PM)Corbin Wrote: Of course they wait til this late in the game to do this. God forbid they get a chance to go make a good hire. I’m sure this will be another inside hire that the irrelevant 82ers can control.

Expecting the corrupt people running things in Corbin to do a legitimate and fair search for a new coach is like going to an Eagles concert and expecting Don Henley to actually sing live( for those who don't know , Henley has been exposed recently for miming all of his vocals for the past several years).

Ask Eddie James about how legitimate coaching searches are conducted in Corbin.

(05-06-2024, 08:33 PM)Footballfan1995 Wrote: Nick Mills is a name that has been floated around

Keep it floating like a nice turd!
Timing is everything

This was in the works weeks ago

The new coach is a name that was decided on right before Greer resigned. They will go through the motions then name the guy they wanted from the beginning.
Be bold Corbin !!! Go get Nathan McPeek from Douglass and give him the autonomy to run things the way he sees fit.

#ENDTHEDAMNDROUGHT!

P.S. Of course, the losers running things won't do this. Greer likely had his hand-picked successor before he announced he's quitting. It's the Corbin way!
  • Gitback Coach
(05-06-2024, 08:42 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Timing is everything

This was in the works weeks ago

The new coach is a name that was decided on right before Greer resigned.  They will go through the motions then name the guy they wanted from the beginning.

It apparently was. Buddy of mine told me this was fixing to go down and that's only 1 part of it. Still 2 more parts that he said that is yet to surface. So I was just listening and soaking in the information and was like hmmmmmmmmm. Really.... Nothing surprises me in 2024.  Smile
I will gladly eat crow if I’m wrong but I expect this hire to be someone who is connected to Corbin and under qualified.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(05-06-2024, 08:52 PM)Corbin Wrote: I will gladly eat crow if I’m wrong but I expect this hire to be someone who is connected to Corbin and under qualified.

Maybe a “Guy” connected to the program. ?‍??‍??‍?
(05-06-2024, 08:58 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 08:52 PM)Corbin Wrote: I will gladly eat crow if I’m wrong but I expect this hire to be someone who is connected to Corbin and under qualified.

Maybe a “Guy” connected to the program.  ?‍??‍??‍?

Holy sh!t , they're hiring Guy Jones!!!! Can we bank on it?
Idk why Chris McNamee from Pikeville isn’t being discussed. He’s right their with Haddix as the most successful coaches in the state if u go by the run he’s been on in recent years. It would be tough to get him to leave the situation he’s in at the minute but Corbin isn’t your average Job in eastern ky.
I like Chris but I don't see that dude leaving Pikeville. He has a Dynasty over that way. Probably planning statues as I speak for that guy. He's a dandy. I dread it now, Jett may have to loan me some money....  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior
(05-06-2024, 09:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like Chris but I don't see that dude leaving Pikeville. He has a Dynasty over that way. Probably planning statues as I speak for that guy. He's a dandy. I dread it now, Jett may have to loan me some money....  Smile

Mac will retire after the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Golden Dome's post:
  • Bull got out!
Clay Clevinger would be a great fit but Corbin doesn't care about great fits that outside of Corbin.
  • Gitback Coach
(05-06-2024, 09:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Clay Clevinger would be a great fit but Corbin doesn't care about great fits that outside of Corbin.

I like Clay. He collects trophies Smile .
I knew something was going on when I got unblocked from facebook 4 months ago. Well now they have been blocked from my Facebook for 4 months. Lol!! Go Boyle County
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Good Riddance…
(05-06-2024, 11:39 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Good Riddance…
I just suspect people will wish they had Coach Greer back after all is said and done.   We'll see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • jax
I was told from a good source that, after Tommy and family had huddled up in prayer about this decision, he informed the powers that be that he would resign , given that a statue be built of him and placed at the entrance of the newly remodeled Campbell Field. I also heard that Tommy has lobbied for a name change from Campbell Field/Denes Stadium to The Tom E. Greer Football Complex.

Those who say that Coach Greer is a malignant narcissist and a legend in his own mind don't know what they're talking about. I've never known a more gracious, humble and sincere gentleman , and man of faith, in my life. Enjoy your retirement , Coach !!!
  • 1(current)
  • Next