Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Haddix is not going back to Corbin.
(05-12-2024, 11:12 AM)HighViz Wrote: Back to the thread title.  Who is on the shortlist for the Redhounds.  Justin ain’t coming back to play with Cox and Jewell.  He has a great chance to go 5 for 5 at Boyle.  While doing so, we won’t have to mow the field, turn on sprinklers, beg for assistant coaches of his choosing, chrome helmets, uniform colors, and his boom box.

I don't think any head coach of a successful program will leave with just a few weeks before things get moving this late in the season.  Honestly, be crazy to do so. But for Corbin unless they have someone ready to just come in, they need to look at the current staff. Bart Elam would be my first choice because he has already been calling the offense somewhat and now with free reign on play calling, he should be able to go a little pass heavy. Some have mentioned Mouser, Heck really don't matter who is at the top right now, the current staff has enough pieces to win the winnable games this year with no problems in my opinion. I personally would have to consider Chuck Davis at the D Coordinator. The dude knows his stuff. Thats no shade towards anyone else on the staff. But this late in the game, I think Corbin is smarter to just add a few to the staff and move some current staff up the totem pole. Then most likely if another head coach is in the works for down the road, they can start the process after this current season and then probably be in a better position to snag a coach. Heck, I would put in for the job but I am a no-nonsense type of guy and I don't play politics well. I would tell the ones who didn't like what I wanted to do to go take a hike and I would be looking to win a title and not please a few parents. My first order would be to rid any and all me, me, mes and it would be team ball first and the athlete be willing to play whatever position and both sides of the ball to succeed as a program. Be no promises of playing time, no matter if your dad or moms boyfriend was the main booster or friends of the main cats. Then it would be fun, fun, fun for the kids to a point that if they wanted to listen to music or wanted Chrome helmets then thats what its got to be, I don't care if they wanted to wear blue, if it got my boys to win, then we would put blue numbers on the shirts. But seriously, Thats what Corbin needs is one of these Johnny Hines to come in and tell it like it is and then if they don't like it, you can hit the road jack.. Smile I just aint a fan of a politician type coach. I hate lip service. You know, the more I think of it, John Hines may be who they need to go after, he is just about walking distance from Corbin right now, can flat out coach and with the talent that Corbin has, John would waste no time trying to win. John won't deal with bull crap. Big John... Smile

[Image: https://media2.giphy.com/media/l41YkFIiB.../giphy.gif]
(05-12-2024, 11:12 AM)HighViz Wrote: Back to the thread title.  Who is on the shortlist for the Redhounds.  Justin ain’t coming back to play with Cox and Jewell.  He has a great chance to go 5 for 5 at Boyle.  While doing so, we won’t have to mow the field, turn on sprinklers, beg for assistant coaches of his choosing, chrome helmets, uniform colors, and his boom box.

Dave Cox and Jewell can kiss my gee Dee ass and I'm gonna tell them both so next time I see their  wrinkled old  ugly faces and their sloppy bulbous fat asses picking through the Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's at Kroger. Yes, I've seen both of your sloppy, fat asses there.  I wish I believed in a fiery hell because that's just the place for those ego-driven malignant narcissists. To hell with them !!!!!

Bad day when Old School is low on his meds...

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42
Woah lol.
I might be time for Old School to pull out his signs and head on over to the Corbin BOE tomorrow. 

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...NemAMOtw&s]
TO ALL CORBIN COX SUCKERS...RESIGN OR BE FIRED!!!
  • Cowboy42
Now that JH has "Hurleyed" Corbin ,  let's talk about who will be the Mark Pope hire. I'm gonna go out on a bit of a limb and say Steven L. Bird will take over the reins of the Corbin head man. Like Pope, who led UK to a title in '96, Bird led the Hounds to the '76 AA state title over Mayfield. Steve is a Corbin legend, has a NFL resume, and has a long history as assistant coach, with stops  at Kentucky, Tennessee, EKU, Pitt, West Virginia, Tulane, Middle Tennessee, Kent State, Bowling Green, South Florida, and South Carolina State, where he has been for the past 11 years. On the down side, Bird was a classmate of the evil Cox.

Steve would be a fine choice, for the short term. He will be 64 in October and I think Corbin needs to look for someone younger for the future. I could see them bringing in Steve for the next couple or three years, until the human obstacles to Haddix' return are removed and then we'll be hearing the Haddix talk again. If not Bird, who are some of the other "Pope" candidates?
  • Bull got out!
(05-13-2024, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Now that JH has "Hurleyed" Corbin ,  let's talk about who will be the Mark Pope hire. I'm gonna go out on a bit of a limb and say Steven L. Bird will take over the reins of the Corbin head man. Like Pope, who led UK to a title in '96, Bird led the Hounds to the '76 AA state title over Mayfield. Steve is a Corbin legend, has a NFL resume, and has a long history as assistant coach, with stops  at Kentucky, Tennessee, EKU, Pitt, West Virginia, Tulane, Middle Tennessee, Kent State, Bowling Green, South Florida, and South Carolina State, where he has been for the past 11 years. On the down side, Bird was a classmate of the evil Cox.

Steve would be a fine choice, for the short term. He will be 64 in October and I think Corbin needs to look for someone younger for the future. I could see them bringing in Steve for the next couple or three years, until the human obstacles to Haddix' return are removed and then we'll be hearing the Haddix talk again. If not Bird, who are some of the other "Pope" candidates?

Talking about a Mark Pope Hire, how about Mark Payne. His name is Mark and he has ties to Corbin..... Here is a write up about him to give some insight... Smile

Mark Payne has been named the new head football coach at Madison Southern High School.

School officials announced the hiring Thursday evening with a social media post.

"Madison Southern is excited to announce that Mark Payne will be the new head football coach at Madison Southern! We will release more details soon! Go Eagles!," the post stated.

Payne takes over for Jon Clark, who stepped down in October after 11 seasons.

Payne has spent the past three seasons as the defensive coordinator on Jason Foley's staff at Southwestern High School in Somerset. The Warriors had a combined record of 28-10 from 2019 to 2021, including three-straight trips to the regional title game.

Southwestern allowed just 195 points this past season — the fifth-fewest among all Class 5A teams. The Warriors posted an 11-2 record, including a win over Madison Southern, and lost to Frederick Douglass in the region title game.

Payne previous worked with Foley, when he was the head coach at Taylor County, as a defensive coordinator.

In 2018, Taylor County fell to Franklin-Simpson in the Class 4A State semi-finals.

Clark won 66 games and five district titles at Southern and also led the school's to its first-ever region championship and an appearance in the 2017 Class 5A State title game.

The Eagles, however, were 2-9 in 2021 and lost in the first round of the playoffs to Woodford County.

Payne started his career under Brent Jackson at Corbin Middle School and credits much of his success as a coach to Jackson's mentorship.

"I learned more about how to a be coach in my time with Coach Jackson than I could get anywhere else. He's a great leader and role model and huge reason for Corbin's continued success," Payne said.

Payne also spent six years coaching with FBU, including four years as a head coach.

"We've had a lot of success with our FBU Kentucky groups and we have been fortunate to see many kids come through the program and reach their collegiate aspirations," Payne said.

Payne's 2020 FBU team reached the national championship, but lost to Georgia. It was the first time FBU Kentucky had competed in a national championship game.
https://www.richmondregister.com/sports/...613ee.html
Shawn Thompson Former Coach of Wayne County

Im going to say out loud why I like this hire. Wayne County is no different than most counties with a small population to work with, finding talent is hard. But having a coach that has enough pride to use the available talent is exactly what Shawn did. When he had talent, he flat out was able to make good runs and went to a title game in a tuff class. He is not currently coaching. He would be a dandy hire. He brought teams into Corbin and won before and no doubt he did a heck of a job in Wayne County. He will use the available talent. Dandy IMO.
Doug Preston 

Doug won 2 state championships at Frankin Simpson against Johnson Central and he no doubt can get it done.
(05-12-2024, 04:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Dave Cox and Jewell can kiss my gee Dee ass and I'm gonna tell them both so next time I see their  wrinkled old  ugly faces and their sloppy bulbous fat asses picking through the Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's at Kroger. Yes, I've seen both of your sloppy, fat asses there.  I wish I believed in a fiery hell because that's just the place for those ego-driven malignant narcissists. To hell with them !!!!!

Damn, Old School Hound and I are on the same page with this one. Corbin had a real opportunity to get Haddix back.. It’s a damn shame that just a few can stop future progress. The Ole Hounds know when and If Haddix ever returns that he’ll win a State Championship or two at Corbin and they will be forgotten. I guess my question is when does Cox hand Mauser the Head Coaching Job? I just cannot believe Greer Steps down and retires in May prior to the 2024 Football season..If he was gonna step down and retire he should’ve done that in January and gave Corbin a real chance to get Haddix back to Move the Hounds back on Kroger Field..Instead they allow 2-3 people to set the program back four years. I’m not sure how anyone can be this incompetent and claim they wanna win State Championships. District and Region Runner ups are our future..I wish every tax payer in Corbin would convene on the board of education at Corbin and put them all on notice that they are all out of a job next election. So Steve Jewell you can kiss my big ass right in the center….Found a pic of Cox, Greer and Jewell together..

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Old School Hound
(05-13-2024, 12:39 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Now that JH has "Hurleyed" Corbin ,  let's talk about who will be the Mark Pope hire. I'm gonna go out on a bit of a limb and say Steven L. Bird will take over the reins of the Corbin head man. Like Pope, who led UK to a title in '96, Bird led the Hounds to the '76 AA state title over Mayfield. Steve is a Corbin legend, has a NFL resume, and has a long history as assistant coach, with stops  at Kentucky, Tennessee, EKU, Pitt, West Virginia, Tulane, Middle Tennessee, Kent State, Bowling Green, South Florida, and South Carolina State, where he has been for the past 11 years. On the down side, Bird was a classmate of the evil Cox.

And truth be told, until Hurley and UCONN's last two seasons, a coach and a program that are at the apex of college basketball and possibly all of major college athletics as a whole (the only coach and program standing on back to back national titles), Hurley was a "Pope Hire".

Counting the last two years at UConn, his overall win % is 64% (in high school football terms, a tad better than 6-4 but not quite 7-3). Prior to the last two seasons, he had only had 2 NCAA tourney wins in only four appearances. 

The UK coaching search epitomizes how hard it is to snag coaches that are already at good/great programs to leave for another one, and we are talking about life/family/generational changing money here- of which coaching Kentucky High School Football is not.
(05-13-2024, 07:36 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Doug Preston 

Doug won 2 state championships at Frankin Simpson against Johnson Central and he no doubt can get it done.

Thompson, Preston , or Jesus Christ.... none of them could get it done if the Old Guard doesn't allow them to get it done. Cox and Jewell and Burley will handicap them.

(05-13-2024, 10:00 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(05-12-2024, 04:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Damn, Old School Hound and I are on the same page with this one. Corbin had a real opportunity to get Haddix back.. It’s a damn shame that just a few can stop future progress. The Ole Hounds know when and If Haddix ever returns that he’ll win a State Championship or two at Corbin and they will be forgotten. I guess my question is when does Cox hand Mauser the Head Coaching Job? I just cannot believe Greer Steps down and retires in May prior to the 2024 Football season..If he was gonna step down and retire he should’ve done that in January and gave Corbin a real chance to get Haddix back to Move the Hounds back on Kroger Field..Instead they allow 2-3 people to set the program back four years. I’m not sure how anyone can be this incompetent and claim they wanna win State Championships. District and Region Runner ups are our future..I wish every tax payer in Corbin would convene on the board of education at Corbin and put them all on notice that they are all out of a job next election. So Steve Jewell you can kiss my big ass right in the center….Found a pic of Cox, Greer and Jewell together..
Would one of the moderators please make it to where I can "like" this post 1,000 times???