Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Corbin Coaching Search... Let's Deep Dive the OSH Way !!!
I need my meds...

Thumbnail(s)

Hearing that Corbin swung for the fences but took a foul ball off the tibia and that it might be broken. Figures...
I heard there were a bunch of sad and mad faces today. Supposedly from a really good source, Justin declined the position to take over and is officially removing his name from the old hounds hat. Hart, Jewell and Cox thought there was a chance. I guess Haddix knows hindsight is always 20/20. Who would trust those guys? I want him back but how can you blame the guy?

Next up! Elam or mouser? I think they have to go with someone on staff with the timing of this. Tommy got the last laugh again as he walked away with this surprise. And left the program/kids with no time to get a great coach. It’ll be June 1 before they can officially line this out. Then you have the dead period. Then July practices and 7 on 7s. August Friday nights under the lights will be here before you know it.
[Image: https://y.yarn.co/d754fc5f-0591-4523-890...9_text.gif]
[Image: https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o6wrvyxY.../giphy.gif]
Here was a few interviews today... of the developing news...
(05-12-2024, 10:45 PM)HighViz Wrote: I heard there were a bunch of sad and mad faces today. Supposedly from a really good source, Justin declined the position to take over and is officially removing his name from the old hounds hat.  Hart, Jewell and Cox thought there was a chance.  I guess Haddix knows hindsight is always 20/20.  Who would trust those guys? I want him back but how can you blame the guy?

Next up!  Elam or mouser? I think they have to go with someone on staff with the timing of this.  Tommy got the last laugh again as he walked away with this surprise. And left the program/kids with no time to get a great coach. It’ll be June 1 before they can officially line this out. Then you have the dead period.  Then July practices and 7 on 7s.  August Friday nights under the lights will be here before you know it.
Totally by design imo, all of how this, is playing out to do exactly as your saying give it to to Mouser or Elam….Let them go to Knox with Big daddy and see how it works out for them….Get rid of the rest of the blood suckers and let’s finally get back to trying to win football games instead of propping kids and coaches up….Enough is Enough get rid of the rest of the old guard and let’s get serious about hiring a coach and doing things the right way…Did we ever really think Haddix would come back with two of the major players in all this drama exactly in the same position they where when he left, he’s smarter than that, and who could blame him….Cant do anything half way finish the clean up and let’s get back to being Corbin excelling and winning doing what we have to get there….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Cowboy42
(05-13-2024, 12:39 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(05-12-2024, 10:45 PM)HighViz Wrote: I heard there were a bunch of sad and mad faces today. Supposedly from a really good source, Justin declined the position to take over and is officially removing his name from the old hounds hat.  Hart, Jewell and Cox thought there was a chance.  I guess Haddix knows hindsight is always 20/20.  Who would trust those guys? I want him back but how can you blame the guy?

Next up!  Elam or mouser? I think they have to go with someone on staff with the timing of this.  Tommy got the last laugh again as he walked away with this surprise. And left the program/kids with no time to get a great coach. It’ll be June 1 before they can officially line this out. Then you have the dead period.  Then July practices and 7 on 7s.  August Friday nights under the lights will be here before you know it.
Totally by design imo, all of how this, is playing out to do exactly as your saying give it to to Mouser or Elam….Let them go to Knox with Big daddy and see how it works out for them….Get rid of the rest of the blood suckers and let’s finally get back to trying to win football games instead of propping kids and coaches up….Enough is Enough get rid of the rest of the old guard and let’s get serious about hiring a coach and doing things the right way…Did we ever really think Haddix would come back with two of the major players in all this drama exactly in the same position they where when he left, he’s smarter than that, and who could blame him….Cant do anything half way finish the clean up and let’s get back to being Corbin excelling and winning doing what we have to get there….

We haven't won anything in 42 Gee Dee years!!! When is it too late to get back to doing something that you've not done since Rick Springfield was screwing Jessie's Girl?

It really wouldn't hurt my feelings much if Corbin lost every game they played this season, just because these old geezers around here that have ruled Corbin for half a century deserve losing. They don't deserve a winner. Yes, I know that's a bad attitude but after 42 years of wandering in the championship wilderness, I can rightly feel that way and have my bad attitude.

Also, Paul Taylor's mouth keeps writing checks that his ass can't cash!!! Don't you know, stupid man, that if you are gonna go after a prize that hard you better have all your ducks in a row. Does Paul think his warm and charming personality(lol) is all it takes to seal a deal. If I ever was crazy enough to do business with Paul Taylor, I would have to have much more than his word. Haddix is smarter than any of the Yahoos around here.
This song was on the radio the last time Corbin won a state title. How many people under 50 even remember Duran Duran?

David Cox and Steve Jewell should be ashamed of themselves for devastating the football program. History will not be kind to those two guys. They will go down in Corbin history as villains . B. Foley . Ugly, ugly villains. 

Things will be no different in this hick town in 2053.   Good ol boy politics will turn a once elite program into one that will be lucky to win one title per century. I'm moving out of this sorry ass county when I retire in a few years. All we can hope for is that these old malignant narcissists eventually die off and a new way of doing things will take hold someday. Keith Richards will probably still be living when Corbin wins another title in football but I doubt anyone else on here will be.

Hungry like the wolf ... appropriate .   I don't think I'm well...   lol

(05-11-2024, 10:33 PM)Wildcatfan24 Wrote: I’ve heard from a few sources that Corbin is looking at the Upike quarterbacks coach Jalil el-Amin who is the quarterback coach at upike he is a young coach. He could bring relate with players better.

No way in hell!!!   That name wouldn't go over well in my little redneck village.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • shottaker23
(05-13-2024, 12:39 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Ole Jewell done went and done it again…Looks like some more house cleaning about to take place…..

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-14-2024, 04:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-11-2024, 10:33 PM)Wildcatfan24 Wrote: I’ve heard from a few sources that Corbin is looking at the Upike quarterbacks coach Jalil el-Amin who is the quarterback coach at upike he is a young coach. He could bring relate with players better.

No way in hell!!!   That name wouldn't go over well in my little redneck village.
Anyone that knows the history.......funny(and sad) as hell!
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • Old School Hound
Jewell is soon to be irrelevant. Domino #2 about to fall...
(05-14-2024, 04:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Jewell is soon to be irrelevant.  Domino #2  about to fall...
Yes.. Jewel has announced his retirement. Lots of people celebrating that decision.
(05-14-2024, 04:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Jewell is soon to be irrelevant.  Domino #2  about to fall...
My opinion only but Jewell has always been an asshat. Glad to see him gone....to much above everyone else in him.
(05-14-2024, 04:50 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:

That named would be just fine with me and the parents of players I know and anyone ignorant enough to be bothered by it are welcome to not come to games and watch our kids play. the seats will still be full with the Gen. X and millennials that are not close minded. we have a saying when we come across ignorant, irrelevant older generation individual that think their opinions matter, its "boomer going to boom" and it is sadly true in every community.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Son of the Alamo's post:
  • shottaker23
(05-14-2024, 05:12 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 04:50 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:

That named would be just fine with me and the parents of players I know and anyone ignorant enough to be bothered by it are welcome to not come to games and watch our kids play. the seats will still be full with the Gen. X and millennials that are not close minded. we have a saying when we come across ignorant, irrelevant older generation individual that think their opinions matter, its "boomer going to boom" and it is sadly true in every community.

Would be fine with me , too,  but Corbin is not the most progressively-minded little hamlet. Too many bigoted boomers running things. They would run him off.
  • shottaker23
(05-14-2024, 04:58 PM)Grannyshot Wrote:
Yes.. Jewel has announced his retirement. Lots of people celebrating that decision.

I heard Facebook had so many shares and comments that Corbin was about to have a civil war downtown lol...Great rainy day to be a Board Member lol.

What is his experience? I don't know him. Tell me more about this person.
(05-14-2024, 04:58 PM)Grannyshot Wrote:

It was time. Shame it wasn't a year earlier.
  • Cowboy42
has this been released or named or announced yet if Jewell is really retiring or just a rumor
(05-14-2024, 06:36 PM)hchs fan Wrote: has this been released or named or announced yet if Jewell is really retiring or just a rumor

I say  He gone.  

Spent the day having a healthy meal of nuggets, fries and frosty at Wendys.  Froze my ass off in there. Went to get a hot stone massage to warm up and then to the clip joint for a little hair shortening. Lot going on in town. The football vacancy is big talk around town.

I'm gonna say that  M. Southern Coach Mark Payne will be announced as Corbin coach before the week's over. But I've been wrong before. Could be again. If not him, likely will be someone already on staff. Also, wouldn't shock me to see Steve Bird in town for a year or two. He might want to come back here and retire.
(05-14-2024, 06:36 PM)hchs fan Wrote: has this been released or named or announced yet if Jewell is really retiring or just a rumor

Rumor is that he is retiring. No official names have been announced yet I don't recon. But Id say it wont be long.
have they announced or released or put in public writing he officially retiring
(05-14-2024, 06:50 PM)hchs fan Wrote: have they announced or released or put in public writing he officially retiring

I can't officially answer that.  Big Grin
I don't know shit from apple butter about any coaching searches but I'm gonna predict that Corbin will have had three different head coaches within a period of about 240 days, give or take a day or two.

Take it with a grain of salt if you will. Lot's wife would have probably taken me with a grain of salt, much to her chagrin. Some have called me Jimmy the Geek. Others have disparagingly called me Nostradumbass. Pick your poison.