Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 50 Paintsville 46
I'll be it was a good game to watch. Both teams seem to be playing some good ball right now.
It was an exciting game. Both teams played hard and both struggled at the line. The Tigers were 14 of 30 and the Panthers were 8 of 19. Paintsville had the lead in the 4th, but free throws and an someone placing a lid on thier basket just killed them. Both teams matched up well and played really hard defensively and the fouls showed that. Congrats to the Panthers and keep your heads up Tigers. Happy Holidays to both.
The refs were defently from paintsville. If any of you all were at the game it was called very poorly and when they did blow the whistle it was against Pikeville. Great Win for the Panthers!
22 fouls against the Panthers and 18 against the Tigers.
It was a poolry called game, but Pikeville never got down and when they were down in the4th quater they just started playing their hard nosed defensed that they've played all year and it really made Paintsville have to work for eery basket they made. Great, Great Game.
OffTheHook Wrote:22 fouls against the Panthers and 18 against the Tigers.

That statement can't be true. The Tigers only had about 14 or 15 fouls the whole game. Pikeville had 23 or 25 fouls
OffTheHook Wrote:It was an exciting game. Both teams played hard and both struggled at the line. The Tigers were 14 of 30 and the Panthers were 8 of 19. Paintsville had the lead in the 4th, but free throws and an someone placing a lid on thier basket just killed them. Both teams matched up well and played really hard defensively and the fouls showed that. Congrats to the Panthers and keep your heads up Tigers. Happy Holidays to both.

Pikeville wasnt to hot from the charity strip or free throw line either, but they did out rebound the tigers, but dont know how much.
B-E-L-I-E-V-E Wrote:That statement can't be true. The Tigers only had about 14 or 15 fouls the whole game. Pikeville had 23 or 25 fouls

Oh, so now I'm a liar. Both teams were in the bonus in the 1st half. Tigers had 8 fouls and Panthers had 11 fouls. Both teams were in the double bonus at the end of the game.
Panthers 11 fouls Tigers 10 fouls. If I'm off it's only 1 or 2 in either direction. And I know this because I was sitting in between both books. Wink But, what diff. does it make Pikeville won and has a good team, they hit their shots when it counted and played aggressive defensively. Like I said in another thread...both teams have a bright future.
OffTheHook Wrote:Oh, so now I'm a liar. Both teams were in the bonus in the 1st half. Tigers had 8 fouls and Panthers had 11 fouls. Both teams were in the double bonus at the end of the game.
Panthers 11 fouls Tigers 10 fouls. If I'm off it's only 1 or 2 in either direction. And I know this because I was sitting in between both books. Wink But, what diff. does it make Pikeville won and has a good team, they hit their shots when it counted and played aggressive defensively. Like I said in another thread...both teams have a bright future.
Glad to know it is not just limited to High School!!! LOL
In any sport, if they win by 20+, it's because thet are just that good, if they win in a close one, the refs were terrible but they overcame the bad refs. If they lose, they got cheated!!!

Congrats to the Panther(players and coaches), keep playing hard Tigers!
I didn't watch this game but from what i've heard paintsville's players had an off night. In 10 games i'd pick paintsville to win atleast 7. Alot of talent on that team
-41- Wrote:I didn't watch this game but from what i've heard paintsville's players had an off night. In 10 games i'd pick paintsville to win atleast 7. Alot of talent on that team

In 10 games I would pick Pikeville to win 9.
jetpilot Wrote:In 10 games I would pick Pikeville to win 9.

Of course you would. Both teams are evenly matched and i think it would either be 5-5 or 6-4. Good Ball clubs.
Both teams were evenlly matched and i will enjoy to watch the next few years and games between these two teams.
jetpilot Wrote:In 10 games I would pick Pikeville to win 9.

A little biased maybe? i'd give paintsville the edge at the middle school level juss because of the experience
i agree that the refs didnt call the game very good but they made bad calls on both teams. i think that if the game was called better paintsville wouldve won but it still wouldve been close.
Way to go lil' Panthers!! I'd say 7 times out of 10 Pikeville wins on a neutral court. Reminder this was at Paintsville!
Good Game
Is PIkeville still undefeated on the season??