Poll: Which Web Browser Do You Prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mozilla Firefox
72.00%
Internet Explorer
28.00%
Safari
0%
Google Chrome
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Web Browser Do You Prefer?
I like them both... But I'll take Firefox.
Firefox
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I prefer Safari...but since theres only two choices I'll take Firefox.
I'm with vundy. I'm currently using Safari and like it better than the two choices above.

But if I had to pick from the two above I would choose Firefox.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vundy33 Wrote:I prefer Safari...but since theres only two choices I'll take Firefox.

ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm with vundy. I'm currently using Safari and like it better than the two choices above.

But if I had to pick from the two above I would choose Firefox.

I added Safari, and also took two votes away from firefox and give them to safari.
Internet Explorer
I like Firefox.
Firefox is great.
After one big issue with IE, I switched, havent had any problems since.
Firefox
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Firefox.. The 1000's extension add-ons is great. Plus you can't beat the security of firefox. Add no script extension to firefox and you will never get another piece of spyware or adaware. The media download extension is great. Allows you to download streaming media from any site. Great for collecting youtube videos Smile

Another fine extension I like is gmail space (lets you use all the gmail space as virtual hard drive to back up your photos, homework, etc.

Tab Mix Plus gives you all kinds of extra options for your tabs like 'copy tab', 'lock tab', 'bookmark tab', and 'restore previously closed tabs'.

Download status bar extension - great download manager that sends your downloads and their status to tabs at the bottom.

IE TAB Extension - allows you to open a website as an internet explorer tab through firefox

Image Zoom Extension - allows you to right click and zoom any image on a website

To view all the available extensions go this address:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1

Visual Bookmarks is one of my favorite extensions. Check out this screen shot of my visual bookmarks. The extension allows you to select the area of the page you want to be the screen shot. Your visual bookmarks can be opened as a new tab. You can even set it as your startup page (giving you quick access to all your favorite sites)
**** man that is pimp...
IE
Thanks to CE I'm now a Firefox man!!
Anyone use Firefox have a theme? I got the Dolphins one just now. It's sweet!
Firefox has been awesome for me. Never use explorer again.
This is an old topic however I have been a Firefox user since 2001 however with the latest versions 3.0+ I have had it crash several times while using multiple tabs. IE 8 so far seems to be very stable and does what I need it to do without problems so I'm using it for the time being. Also Mozilla has announced that they will most likely not develop a newer version for some time so hopefully they will take the time to fix some current issues.
I've honestly never heard of Safari.....
Seems like Opera would be ahead of it though..
Mozilla is great..
IE 8 is garbage IMO
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
I finally started using Firefox about a month ago for most things. There are still a few things I use IE for, but Firefox is my main browser now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Firefox.
I've tried them all, but have to go with IE 8.
Stardust Wrote:I've tried them all, but have to go with IE 8.

:Thumbs:

That's what I use, too, and I love it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
CraftCreeker Wrote:I've honestly never heard of Safari.....
Seems like Opera would be ahead of it though..
Mozilla is great..
IE 8 is garbage IMO

Safari is the default web browser for Mac computers. It's head and shoulders above IE and Opera.

The only time I've ever used Opera was on the Nintendo Wii, because that's the only thing you can use on there to browse the internet via the Wii.

IMO, if you're on a PC, use Firefox.

If you're on a Mac, use Safari.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Firefox here,
If your on a PC, use Firefox.

If your on a MAC, use Firefox. Lol
Of the three options listed in the poll, I prefer Firefox but I do not have a Mac. I only use Internet Explorer when required to do so.

For general web browsing and sheer speed, I usually use Chrome - which is much faster than either IE or Firefox. Opera is also very fast.

Writing applications for IE would be much easier if Microsoft complied with the same standards as all of the other web browsers. I develop applications that must run in IE, so code must contain work-arounds for IE's non-standard features. That is partly why so many more add-ons are available for Firefox.
Quote:The only time I've ever used Opera was on the Nintendo Wii, because that's the only thing you can use on there to browse the internet via the Wii.

IMO, if you're on a PC, use Firefox.

If you're on a Mac, use Safari.

And if you use Linux on a PC, use Firefox. I do.
I use Google Chrome myself. Its pretty awesome. You guys should check it out.
I also use Google Chrome.
The more I use Google Chrome, the more impressed I become. If any of you have not tried it, you should. It is lightening fast and nearly bullet proof. It is now available for Macs and Linux. I use it on Windows XP, Windows 7-64 bits, and Ubuntu Linux and for simple, straight forward browsing, nothing comes close, IMO.