Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locke out, Burton questionable for Music City Bowl
Just off the Herald-Leader website:

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/264475.html

Sucks about losing Locke, but if Rafael Little is healthy we can survive this loss. Not having Burton would hurt a little more, though. Hopefully he will heal up and be ready to go...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Just off the Herald-Leader website:

Sucks about losing Locke, but if Rafael Little is healthy we can survive this loss. Not having Burton would hurt a little more, though. Hopefully he will heal up and be ready to go...

Burton is a guy whose presence on the field is even more crucial to the Cats offensively than his performance. He's a senior leader and they just don't play well when he's not on the field (i.e., Mississippi State)
More Cowbell Wrote:Just off the Herald-Leader website:

Why is Locke out?
Rib fracture
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Burton is a guy whose presence on the field is even more crucial to the Cats offensively than his performance. He's a senior leader and they just don't play well when he's not on the field (i.e., Mississippi State)

I agree. He has taken a lot of flak from people over his play this season, but in all fairness he has not really been healthy all year. A healthy Burton is a HUGE asset, and hopefully he will recover quickly.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not having Locke will hurt big time because he could carry the other half of the load as would Little. If we get Burton 100% and out there it would be a huge gain for us and we really need him on that field playing and so does that UK offense.
They do still have Tony Dixon, Rafael Little, Alfonso Smith, and Moncell Allen.
After hearing that FSU is going to be without 3 of their starters on their D line, I believe I am comfortable with Little, Dixon, Smith, and Allen. lol
Burton really needs to play this game for his draft status!
UK Coach Rich Brooks said his team had a good rpactice Thursday afternoon but his injury report was not so good with one player ruled out and two others listed as doutful. Brooks said freshman running back Derrick Locke will miss the Music City Bowl game with a fractured rib. Locke suffered the injury in practice last weekend.

More...
Hopefully a healthy Little will help ease the loss of Locke.
Locke is going special the next couple of years.

I think Little has a few weeks to fully heal. He should be at the top of his game at the MCB.
There's already a thread on this.