Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who will be the top players in the 15th region?
who will be the top players in the 15th region?
Courtney Conley. That girl plays with heart, she scores good, has nice ball handling skills. Courtney has stepped up alot since they threw her into the center position from her usual forward. She scored something almost unheard of against Belfry. I am looking forward to seeing big things from her.
Chelsee Jarrell is an absolutely outstanding player. She will dominate next season! :o
yea i have heard that chelsee jarrell will be playing a decent game next season.
Jarrell will be tough next year, but the thing is will she have any help. Did they lose anyone to graduation
"Basketballer" Wrote:Jarrell will be tough next year, but the thing is will she have any help. Did they lose anyone to graduation

From what I've heard, the only lost one person, which was Ashley Hall. She was a awesome player and it will be tough to fill her shoes. I think paintsville can do it though. Idea
"Chevelle" Wrote:From what I've heard, the only lost one person, which was Ashley Hall. She was a awesome player and it will be tough to fill her shoes. I think paintsville can do it though. Idea

Ashley Hall is the only player Paintsville lost, BUT, Magoffin County's Micheala Howard is rumored to be transferring to play for the Lady Tigers. IMO and am sure ALOT of people will agree with me on this one, Micheala is a much better player than Ashley Hall, not taking anything away from, she had a great career for the Lady Tigers but Micheala is an all-around better player, both offensively and defensively. Let's not forget that Micheala was Magoffin County's only player to make the WYMT 15th Region All-Mountain team this past year, she is a great player.
Esther Fleming will take Valley far this year imo.
"Bill_Don" Wrote:
"Chevelle" Wrote:From what I've heard, the only lost one person, which was Ashley Hall. She was a awesome player and it will be tough to fill her shoes. I think paintsville can do it though. Idea

Ashley Hall is the only player Paintsville lost, BUT, Magoffin County's Micheala Howard is rumored to be transferring to play for the Lady Tigers. IMO and am sure ALOT of people will agree with me on this one, Micheala is a much better player than Ashley Hall, not taking anything away from, she had a great career for the Lady Tigers but Micheala is an all-around better player, both offensively and defensively. Let's not forget that Micheala was Magoffin County's only player to make the WYMT 15th Region All-Mountain team this past year, she is a great player.

I agree on this. Ashley was good, but the last 2 years she did struggle. Her game was inconsistant. To be honest, I do not believe Micheala (sp?) will transfer to Paintsville. I believe if i recall correctly, that i have heard this a few times before. I just don't see it happening. But if by chance she does, she will be that extra addition to the paintsville lady tigers that will help them be the best team in this region. IMHO, if Michaela does transfer Paintsville will dominate and possibly unstoppable. Michalea doesn't seem to reconized as much as she should or as much as Brittany Manns and Ashley Jade. But IMO Michaela does the little things to help magoffin function properly. With her loss, I don't think Magoffin would be the dominating team in the 15th, I think Paintsville would be! Idea
Courtney Conley will step up huge for the Warriors. She dominated this year. I also think Esther Fleming will be great for Valley. She can shoot like no other and she really works. hard.
Here's some I can think of right now......

Brittany Manns, Ashley J Howard, Micheala Howard
Chelsee Jarrell
Meghan Slone, Darcey Hicks
Esther Fleming
Haley Ratliff
Amanda Moon
Esther lives and breaths basketball.. She had a lot of 30 + point games last season.. Her speed leads to many easy baskets, but she's a great ball player. She's fun to watch play.
A couple of other players not yet mentioned:
Kendra Carroll
Both Lowes at PCC
Deskins at Belfry
Salyers at JCHS
Ashley Hall at MCHS
Ester Fleming played a great game during the East Ridge vs. Shelby Valley in the girl's tournament. She plays with heart and scores well. She has speed. Starting this young, you can expect good things out of her in the future.
In no particular order:
Brittany Manns
Ashley J. Howard
Chelsee Jarrell
This gilrs will greatly impact their teams and be big contenders in the fifteenth.
Also Michaela (sp.?) Howard will be someone to watch out for.
Chelsee Jarrell
Brittney Manns
Ashley Jade Howard
Kendra Carroll
These girls that I have mentioned are only in the 57th district, but still if you are going to be a good player you have to be able to play as a team and that is what these girls do. Ester Fleming on the other hand carries her team way too much, so I don't think that she is one of the top. I will give her that she is a great all around basketball player but I just don't know about the whole team work deal. But it looks like the 57th district is going to be exciting to watch this year. Idea
"crazyforball" Wrote:Chelsee Jarrell
Brittney Manns
Ashley Jade Howard
Kendra Carroll
Ester Fleming on the other hand carries her team way too much, so I don't think that she is one of the top. I will give her that she is a great all around basketball player but I just don't know about the whole team work deal.

Well I'll give you that she does carry her team a great deal but I remember when she was in 8th grade starting on the varsity team and Spears telling her that it was all up to her to win games. She's always had the pressure to carry her team and I'll say she does a great job with it being only a sophomore. With Napier as new coach I see a whole lot more team work than before though.

For Pikeville, with the Howard Twins gone I look for Emily Colvin to really come alive.
For Pikeville, with the Howard Twins gone I look for Emily Colvin to really come alive.[/quote]

To be honest, I don't look for pikeville to be making a big noise this year. With the twins gone, who would replace them. They scored almost half of their points this season. I just don't know if the team can fill their spots. Emily Colvin is a good all around player..excellent on the defensive and offensive end. With her being point guard, who will be the scorers? Will she even have anyone, she can't do it all herself. Who are they returning from last year?
I don't think Pikeville will have much going for them but I do think Emily will be a top player. She's been a starter since 7th or 8th grade. She's a good ball player and can make things happen.

Pikeville returns Martell and Cross down low. For guards Sarah Davis and possibly Kylie Schmidt? I'm not sure.
"bessie" Wrote:I don't think Pikeville will have much going for them but I do think Emily will be a top player. She's been a starter since 7th or 8th grade. She's a good ball player and can make things happen.

Pikeville returns Martell and Cross down low. For guards Sarah Davis and possibly Kylie Schmidt? I'm not sure.

Yes I agree with this. Emily is a wonderful all around player. She will be the main player on her team, but like i mentioned she can't do it all herself, and she won't have anybody to turn to like she did this year with the twins. She will have to score 15+ in the games. I know she's the pointgaurd but she's going to have to make things happen for her inexperienced team next year.
I believe Chealsea Jarrel and Ester Fleming will dominate the 15th this year. Chealsea really puts her heart into the game, i love watching her play. I look for big things from her this year.
Bessie is right ester fleming lives for nothing but basketball. All her hard work will pay off this summer. I hope her team can help her this season. As far as her being a team player she is one of the best. In stats this year she led her team in assists,steals,rebounds,ppg, and best floor and freethrow percentage. She will runaway with being this regions best all around player.
ester i hope to see more out there that love the game like you.
8)
"monica" Wrote:I believe Chealsea Jarrel and Ester Fleming will dominate the 15th this year. Chealsea really puts her heart into the game, i love watching her play. I look for big things from her this year.
Bessie is right ester fleming lives for nothing but basketball. All her hard work will pay off this summer. I hope her team can help her this season. As far as her being a team player she is one of the best. In stats this year she led her team in assists,steals,rebounds,ppg, and best floor and freethrow percentage. She will runaway with being this regions best all around player.
ester i hope to see more out there that love the game like you.
8)

She's (Fleming) the best on her team, but not the best all around player.She really isn't that good. She just looks good because no one else on her team is that impressive. No offense, but doesn't Fleming have an attitude problem? From the games i watched she was a ball hog.
I don't think you can score 41 points in one game and have 30+ multiple games and not be a good ball player.
I wouldn't say ball hog, she's just the only one on the team that tries to beat the defender and with her speed she usually does.
ester is definitely not a ball hog. she works her butt off on both sides of the floor and she doesn't care if she scores or not as long as her team is doing well. Last year she had an attitude problem because of all are problems with bobby spears. She doesn't get mad at anyone but herself when she messes up. If you think she's a ball hog maybe next year you should visit one of shelby valleys games. You might be surprised.

Sally Roberts is another one to watch. Very young but loaded with talent.
:oops:
i look to see alot of belfry girls shinning next year such as Amanda Moon, Brooke Stanely and Shae Deskins
Colvin for Pikeville will be a forced to b reckoned with but will not have very many role players.
Central will have a very nice cast with the 2 lowe girls and ratliff also look to see a few of their 8th graders and freshman to shine.
Jarrell is a deep threat as well very nice shooting ability and gets up and down the floor good.
The re-spawn of howards at magoffin Co will b very good they ended on a low note this past season in the regional tourny.
and then you have Ester at Valley she is very quick but i dont think she sees the floor very well she needs to work on this getting a stable coach in that program this season will help her out alot.
1)Jarrell, Paintsville, dominating player
2)Ratliff, Pike Central, floor leader for a top team
3)Manns, Magoffin, best 3 point shooter
4)M. Howard, Magoffin, most underrated player and does what it takes to win
5)K. Lowe, Pike Central, tall and quick, will be PCC most important player
6)A. Howard, Magoffin, very good player, but attitude???????????
7)Fleming, SV, great scorer
8)C. Conley, I've only seen her once, she could be higher
9)K. Carroll, Paintsville, good shooter
10)Russell, Paintsville, she's my pick for most improved player in the region and she's PHS's most important player

Give me these 10 and we'll stop the one and done for 15th region teams in the Sweet 16.

With Jarrell, Lowe, and M. Howard across the front line and Ratliff and Manns at the guards, and the other 5 coming off the bench, and we'll do some damage.

Hey, that looks like a nice AAU team. I wonder how far they'd go???????
"sportwhiz" Wrote:1)Jarrell, Paintsville, dominating player
2)Ratliff, Pike Central, floor leader for a top team
3)Manns, Magoffin, best 3 point shooter
4)M. Howard, Magoffin, most underrated player and does what it takes to win
5)K. Lowe, Pike Central, tall and quick, will be PCC most important player
6)A. Howard, Magoffin, very good player, but attitude???????????
7)Fleming, SV, great scorer
8)C. Conley, I've only seen her once, she could be higher
9)K. Carroll, Paintsville, good shooter
10)Russell, Paintsville, she's my pick for most improved player in the region and she's PHS's most important player

Give me these 10 and we'll stop the one and done for 15th region teams in the Sweet 16.

With Jarrell, Lowe, and M. Howard across the front line and Ratliff and Manns at the guards, and the other 5 coming off the bench, and we'll do some damage.

Hey, that looks like a nice AAU team. I wonder how far they'd go???????

Pretty Dag gone far if you ask me.
8) that team wud be UNSTOPPABLE!..i think someone shud look into it. start a 15th region aau team.....man...those girls wud be awsome. but then again, how well do all these girls get along OFF the court...?....oh well...i think jarrell will be unstoppable, and if, IF m. oward does transfer, paintsville will DOMINATE!!!.... Confusedhock:
Shelby Valley has the all the ingredients to be one of the best in the region. The new coach is going to have the girls ready for play.

Ester fleming has the talent and she really took the lead of the team.
Ester wil get comfortable with the coaches and the changes they make
Ester will have a great season.

Lucinda Varney is probably one of the most under-rated players in the region. Lucinda is starting to get the chance to prove she can play. Look for her to gain confidence and lead the team as well. Lucinda has proved herself as a defensive player but look for her to turn up the ofensive side

Sally Roberts is another one of those players who stepped up during the district tournement and showed everyone want she is capable of with the right coaching. She is young and wil have a great career at valley.

Valley has many other young talented players that can step up and play well.
JERRELL OF PAINTSVILLE IS A GREAT PLAYER
KENDRA CARROLL PAINTSVILLE IS DEADLY FROM MID RANGE
THE GIRLS FROM MAGOFFIN ARE A GOOD GROUP