Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nostradamus
There was a doctromentory on him on the Hisotry Channel that I thought made some very interesting points. Of course all of this information was passed through historians that manipulate things in such ways that it makes one question what to belive but..

Nostrodomus was a 'prophet'. He made many foresights that appeared to come true. He prophicized that 3 terrible dictators would rise to power, his predictions outlined Napolean, Hitler, and another yet to come. His predictions hit the description of the previously mentioned with scarry accuracy. One of his most prominant prophesies refered to the apocolypse, aramegedon. His findings were put into a book many refered to as the 'lost book' due to its absence for many years. The Catholic church at the time found the book to be such a threat that it was locked away from the public. Many of the details escape me but it all boils down to him believe the apocolypse would be in 2012. (When some form of a solar cross and a cross formed on the northern axis align forming an 8 spoked wheel, which is apparently the 'sign of the apocolypse.'

I found alot of this to be very interesting. If any of you have any further information on it or views please share them.

(Im sure much of my spelling is off, dont bother criticizing me for it...lol)
I watched this for the 30th time yesterday...
I love watching stuff on Nostrodomus!! Very interesting!!
It's interesting, but it's all so vague. I could say the same stuff today and someone relate it to something 1000 years later.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here is a link to some interesting stuff on him.....
http://www.sacred-texts.com/nos/index.htm#prophecies

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Where does it say in his writings, that TidesHoss32 comes into an incredible amount of money, ends up with Jennifer Love Hewitt AND Eva Mendes, is loved by all, and served the finest meats and cheeses in all the land?
It says it when it is talking about TH32 dreaming and then later states that he needs to wake tha **** UP!, lol
ComfortEagle Wrote:It's interesting, but it's all so vague. I could say the same stuff today and someone relate it to something 1000 years later.

That is the thing about being passed information that all you know of is what the Historian's are telling you. The information is totally at their disposal to manipulate at their will.
I can't stand the history channel. especially when it deals with religion or prophets
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Well, if I am not mistaken, the Mayans made a calendar. The calendar ends in 2012. The same year that the worl has beed predicted to end. I think that is pretty weird.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Well, if I am not mistaken, the Mayans made a calendar. The calendar ends in 2012. The same year that the worl has beed predicted to end. I think that is pretty weird.
I was about to post the same thing. I think that Nostradamus's predictions are easy to put on events that already happened, but harder to for ones that havent happened yet. I do think it is very interesting that both him and the Mayans have the same year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
It is weird to think about. He has predicted a lot of stuff that has happened. Could he be correct about this upcoming prediction? I don't think I wanna know the anwser.
bluegrassballa Wrote:It is weird to think about. He has predicted a lot of stuff that has happened. Could he be correct about this upcoming prediction? I don't think I wanna know the anwser.
Did he predict the Redskins winning a Super Bowl in 2008-09?, lol...
bluegrassballa Wrote:It is weird to think about. He has predicted a lot of stuff that has happened. Could he be correct about this upcoming prediction? I don't think I wanna know the anwser.

Grrrrr!!!!! He has NOT "predicted" anything. :ChairHit:

He has simply made generalized comments that people can relate to almost any event.

I don't claim to be a prophet but I can say, "On a dark day will tragedy strike the city of wind."

Now, take this statement above ^ Let's say that in 2010 Chicago has a bomb go off or something. Well people could take my comments and say they apply to Chicago because Chicago is the "windy city."

But let's say that in 2011, there is a really bad tornado that comes through Lexington and destroys everything. Well it could STILL be applied to Lexington to because of the "winds" of the tornado.

You see my point? They aren't predictions, he is not specific enough for them to truly be predictions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nostradamus's "visions" can be manipulated anyway they need to be for that particular century. HG Wells scared the **** out of people with "War of The Worlds" radio broadcast. Rural Eastern KY people were waiting for the end when the Northern Lights appeared in the late 30's and early 40's. Y2K had people stocking up on canned food in Eastern KY. We work so hard as a race of people to better our lives. It's a shame how easily we are manipulated in looking for reason to be anxious for the end!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Grrrrr!!!!! He has NOT "predicted" anything. :ChairHit:

He has simply made generalized comments that people can relate to almost any event.

I don't claim to be a prophet but I can say, "On a dark day will tragedy strike the city of wind."

Now, take this statement above ^ Let's say that in 2010 Chicago has a bomb go off or something. Well people could take my comments and say they apply to Chicago because Chicago is the "windy city."

But let's say that in 2011, there is a really bad tornado that comes through Lexington and destroys everything. Well it could STILL be applied to Lexington to because of the "winds" of the tornado.

You see my point? They aren't predictions, he is not specific enough for them to truly be predictions.

Yea I guess I can see your point on all of this.