Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia 41 Hawaii 10
Final...I don't think anyone picked Hawaii to win. Hawaii was way overe matched and it showed, IMO they didn't deserve to be in a game like the Sugar Bowl. I know they went undefeated, but it happens every year and they had a very very easy schedule. Congratulations UGA!
I had a bet going with my friend that Hawaii was gonna win. I knew they wasn't though. SEC opponent is too much.
bluegrassballa Wrote:I had a bet going with my friend that Hawaii was gonna win. I knew they wasn't though. SEC opponent is too much.

lol why did you bet then?
vundy33 Wrote:lol why did you bet then?

Haha....I don't know. Just go for the underdogs. I do that every once in a while. And hey, sometimes it works. But not in this one..lol
Oh yea I understand that, I had a bet with my friend last year that Boise St. would win the Fiesta Bowl and look what happened...lol
How did you guys like those black jerseys?? God I love em...I was hoping they would where them and they did. lol They've played their 2 best games of the year in them.
vundy33 Wrote:Oh yea I understand that, I had a bet with my friend last year that Boise St. would win the Fiesta Bowl and look what happened...lol

Yea. At least your bet won though..
vundy33 Wrote:How did you guys like those black jerseys?? God I love em...I was hoping they would where them and they did. lol They've played their 2 best games of the year in them.

I thought those jerseys were pretty aweome!!! They looked good out there.
No one should be suprised here. WAC meets the SEC.
There is your reality check Hawai'i! This game sure made me a VERY HAPPY MAN!!!!Smile
This game didnt surprise me at all. Colt Brennan is a good QB when his O-line give him time he moved the football but they didnt give him time most of the night. Just like I was telling a freind before this game. Brennan is used to playing against WAC defenses and it would be a safe bet that 90% of starters on D on WAC teams wouldnt even be on scholorship in the SEC. Congrats to the Dawgs SEC has a 6-2 bowl record!!!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:This game didnt surprise me at all. Colt Brennan is a good QB when his O-line give him time he moved the football but they didnt give him time most of the night. Just like I was telling a freind before this game. Brennan is used to playing against WAC defenses and it would be a safe bet that 90% of starters on D on WAC teams wouldnt even be on scholorship in the SEC. Congrats to the Dawgs SEC has a 6-2 bowl record!!!!!

I think in the third quarter, Colt was sacked like 7 times....that defense was just to rough.
Ok Vundy, I seen where you said Brennan was not even top 10 QB in the nation. I deff think hes in the top 10 but since u dont think so lets hear you name 10 better QB.
Wow I called this one. I knew this would happen, when you play one of the SEC's best you better bring more than your A game.
MVP2 Wrote:Ok Vundy, I seen where you said Brennan was not even top 10 QB in the nation. I deff think hes in the top 10 but since u dont think so lets hear you name 10 better QB.
I'll give it a shot.

Stafford
Brohm
Woodson
Henne
Ryan
Dixon
Tebow
Booty
Reesing
Daniel
White
Ainge
Lorenzen
Harrell
Colt McCoy
Riley Skinner (Wake)
kid from Oklahoma (Bradford maybe)
Carpenter (Arizona State)

Sorry I couldn't remember names but it was quick and off the top of my head.

I also have to say that I almost felt sorry for Brennan last night. He and his team were hopelessly overmatched. Kind of liked June Jones having to suffer after some of the trash he has talked though. What a beat down.
FBALL Wrote:I also have to say that I almost felt sorry for Brennan last night. He and his team were hopelessly overmatched. Kind of liked June Jones having to suffer after some of the trash he has talked though. What a beat down.
I agree with you 100% on this he was way over matched. Congrats Bulldogs...
FBALL Wrote:I'll give it a shot.

Stafford
Brohm
Woodson
Henne
Ryan
Dixon
Tebow
Booty
Reesing
Daniel
White
Ainge
Lorenzen
Harrell
Colt McCoy
Riley Skinner (Wake)
kid from Oklahoma (Bradford maybe)
Carpenter (Arizona State)

Sorry I couldn't remember names but it was quick and off the top of my head.

I also have to say that I almost felt sorry for Brennan last night. He and his team were hopelessly overmatched. Kind of liked June Jones having to suffer after some of the trash he has talked though. What a beat down.

So you think all them are better than Brennan? I rescept your opioin but IMO these are the top 10 (no order)

Woodson
Ryan
Dixon
Tebow
Henne
White
Booty
Brohm
Daniels
Brennan
MVP2 Wrote:So you think all them are better than Brennan? I rescept your opioin but IMO these are the top 10 (no order)

Woodson
Ryan
Dixon
Tebow
Henne
White
Booty
Brohm
Daniels
Brennan

I agree.
MVP2 Wrote:So you think all them are better than Brennan? I rescept your opioin but IMO these are the top 10 (no order)

Woodson
Ryan
Dixon
Tebow
Henne
White
Booty
Brohm
Daniels
Brennan
Yes I think they are all better than Brennan.

Brennan was a good player in a weak conference. Thats it.
hawaii can't handle the SEC
Not exactly something I would call a surprise...
Just proves the SEC is the most dominate conference when it comes to football.
Anyone know what the SEC's record is so far this year in bowl games?
6-2

Winners-UK , Tenn, Miss St, Auburn,Bama,
Lost-Florida and Arkansas.
Not played-LSU
MVP2 Wrote:Ok Vundy, I seen where you said Brennan was not even top 10 QB in the nation. I deff think hes in the top 10 but since u dont think so lets hear you name 10 better QB.

lol looks like FBALL took care of that for me...I agree with all of his QB's execpt ASU's. I seen him in person and IMO isn't in the top ten either. But again I think that Colt Brennen is a good QB in a horrible conferance and that's all like FBALL said. IMO he didn't deserve to be in the Heisman race.
And I do agree about Brennan not being as good as those mentioned and I will include Harrell with Brennan. They both look like a high school QB's feature wise who is in a stat producing throwing system. Any QB with a thrwowing arm can do the EXACT same thing when a a system has you throwing the ball 70 times a game, and I know any of the QB's that were listed would do just as good if not better! I would rather have Hunter Cantwell than either one anyday of the week...And he is Louisville's backup! AND I'M NOT EVEN A LOUISVILLE FAN, LOL!
vundy33 Wrote:lol looks like FBALL took care of that for me...I agree with all of his QB's execpt ASU's. I seen him in person and IMO isn't in the top ten either. But again I think that Colt Brennen is a good QB in a horrible conferance and that's all like FBALL said. IMO he didn't deserve to be in the Heisman race.
Actually I went beyond 10. That was 18.
I loved this game and I hate weak teams
3/4 SEC teams made a bowl game. 10/12 were bowl eligible:eek: :eek: That is really crazy.
But anyway, Hawaii had a great year, and the next step for their program is to beef up the out of conference schedule and play quality teams in the regular season.
Most one sided game I have seen in a long time. To top that it was a BCS game.... WOW