Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenwood will win state again
My daughter plays for Bowling Green and we are in the same district as the defending state champs Greenwood. We haven't beaten them in 7 years. They are a machine. They rolled through the state tourney last year. They have 5 girls that have already signed with Div 1 schools. They only lost 1 player from last years team. I really think they have a chance to go undefeated this year. I have never seen a better girls softball team. Good luck to anyone who has to play them this year. We certainly aren't looking forward for our annual beating.
adopted purple Wrote:My daughter plays for Bowling Green and we are in the same district as the defending state champs Greenwood. We haven't beaten them in 7 years. They are a machine. They rolled through the state tourney last year. They have 5 girls that have already signed with Div 1 schools. They only lost 1 player from last years team. I really think they have a chance to go undefeated this year. I have never seen a better girls softball team. Good luck to anyone who has to play them this year. We certainly aren't looking forward for our annual beating.
Greenwood is a very well coached team and plays in one of the best fastpitch areas in the state with a lot of top notch teams such as OC, Ryle etc. However here in eastern KY we are starting to catch up and can offer some stiff competition on any given day. We hope they don't award Greenwood the trophy without playing for it.:flame:
adopted purple Wrote:My daughter plays for Bowling Green and we are in the same district as the defending state champs Greenwood. We haven't beaten them in 7 years. They are a machine. They rolled through the state tourney last year. They have 5 girls that have already signed with Div 1 schools. They only lost 1 player from last years team. I really think they have a chance to go undefeated this year. I have never seen a better girls softball team. Good luck to anyone who has to play them this year. We certainly aren't looking forward for our annual beating.

Way to have faith in your daughter and her team.:thatsfunn
Greenwood started 8 juniors last season and won state. I know anything can happen on a given day but I'll guarantee they will be ranked #1 at the beginning of the season and I just don't see them losing many if any games unless that state title went to their heads a little bit.

And 14th reg.champs- I have all the confidence in the world in my daughter. She has started since 7th grade in centerfield. My wife is president of the bullpen club and has raised thousands of dollars for the team so they could make trips and get good equipment and things like that. We are big supporters of the team. But I also am a realist too. We don't have the pitching to compete with the Greenwoods of the state. I support our team 100% but it is not blind support.
flamethrower Wrote:Greenwood is a very well coached team and plays in one of the best fastpitch areas in the state with a lot of top notch teams such as OC, Ryle etc. However here in eastern KY we are starting to catch up and can offer some stiff competition on any given day. We hope they don't award Greenwood the trophy without playing for it.:flame:

Thats Right, EKY is xatching up in Softball. teams like East Ridge, Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and Johnson Central can become real threats!
Russell will be a good team this year as they only lost 3 seniors of last years 27-8 young team.
Knott Central should be pretty good. They lost two starters. Jenkins will be a loud though.
warriorpride Wrote:Thats Right, EKY is catching up in Softball. teams like East Ridge, Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and Johnson Central can become real threats!

Yea deff got to agree east ridge, valley an Jenkins is prtty strong this year i hear.

Just cause they won it last year doesn't mean that they will win it this year. Every team has a chance to win it. I mean, every team can lose.