Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 89 Kentucky 75
Billy G shouldn't be expected to teach this team how to rebound and how to shoot the ball. If they couldn't do that then they don't need to be on the team, period. Perry Stevenson is the worst big man I have seen in quite some time. Just like the announcer said during the game yesterday, "what was Ramel thinking when he tried throwing the ball to Stevenson. He should have noticed who it was he was passing to and took the shot himself." If announcers can see it, then why can't UK fans? Tubby couldn't have coached this team to a better record. Tubby couldn't coach past teams past the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. I guess big bad UAB, and Marquette were too much for Tubby. I wish Tubby would retire from basketball that way you guys would pull him out of your ***.
vundy33 Wrote:What's the problem with tatoos? Why do you care what a player looks like? Sounds like stereotyping to me...
Really could care less what it sounds like to you.

I just personaly dont like them . If you like them, knock yourself out.Smile
Naw, we're gonna stop this now or it will result in alternative action.

Back on topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In the words of Rick Pitino to BCG,

"You're doing the right things. Stay with what you believe in, and in the end, you'll have success."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"He's going in there with some injured players," he said. "They're talented. They've got talent. He's lost to some people fans don't think you should lose to, but he's a first-year coach. He can coach, he can recruit, he's a good person, he's a hard worker. It's silly to judge a person when he first comes in. You're not hiring a miracle worker. You're hiring someone that's going to get it done over the long haul. I'm very confident that Kentucky will be a powerhouse once again, and it will be sooner than later because (Gillispie) has the right stuff."

-Rick Pitino, talking about BCG
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Billy G is starting to make me wonder with his decision making. He is taking proving a point a little far. Play the good players if they are available as much as you can. The cats are really not meeting expectations of Big Blue fans this year, there is no intensity in their play.
Panther Thunder Wrote:One thing about Tubby he rarely ever lost to teams that were inferior to UK in talent because even if he wasn't bringing in the top players every year he could coach his guys to win against teams they should beat and teams that were just as good or better than UK.
I completely agree 100%
If I was Pitino and I was at Louisville I would love BCG also. The part about being a good person now thats just funny I don't care what anyone say's. Ask Rob Bromley or any one else that has to deal with him on a regular basis. He is not to popular with those folks,
canewarning93 Wrote:Billy G is starting to make me wonder with his decision making. He is taking proving a point a little far. Play the good players if they are available as much as you can. The cats are really not meeting expectations of Big Blue fans this year, there is no intensity in their play.

Is it BCG's fault if they don't play with intensity?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Is it BCG's fault if they don't play with intensity?

Not 100% his fault, but to an extent yes it is. It's his job to fire up his players which are more talented than the likes of Gardner Webb and San Diego. But even with the players not playing with intensity, a halfway decent gameplan could beat those teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here is a quote from Derrick Jasper after the game, "a few players aren't listening to coach". Jasper didn't give out names but this is pretty apparent after watching UK games this season.
canewarning93 Wrote:Billy G is starting to make me wonder with his decision making. He is taking proving a point a little far. Play the good players if they are available as much as you can. The cats are really not meeting expectations of Big Blue fans this year, there is no intensity in their play.
No thats just you. You might be a UK Fan but if you were a Basketball Fan, you would know to play the players that deserve to play.
I just dont see why anyone cant see it. This isnt the 90's were UK gets the top players. We have one good player, Patterson. All of our other players couldnt even make the UNC or Memphis team.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a team is doing well, it's because we have good players and if a team is performing poorly, it's because the coach isn't any good. Get over it. BCG is trying to coach a team that isn't his. He has to have a starting point. After all, Tubby won a National Title with Pitino's team and then didn't do anything after that. Sure UK had winning seasons, but never anything worth writing home about. People need to stop and think before trying to burn BCG at the stake. He is a good coach that is trying to incorporate his style and philosophy to someone elses team. You so called UK fans that keep bashing BCG should wonder what might happen if you get your wish for BCG to be gone from UK. Who in their right mind would take the job and come to a place that has so much love and support for their coach? We might get someone that is washed up as a coach or a never will be because great coaches in college basketball, like BCG, will not want to come to a school that has a fan base that second guesses everything they do and is calling for their job at every turn they make. You big cry babies need to just stop bashing BCG and UK and start cheering for DUKE, because you would fit right in there. Confusederved:
Overrated Wrote:Give him time.. What was UK's record on Rick Pitinos first season? like 15-14 or something....Be patient.

Can't really compare those two situations, I mean Pitino was handed a team with a lot worse talent than Billy G has. But I do agree that it's way too early to try and judge Gilispie as a coach.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Can't really compare those two situations, I mean Pitino was handed a team with a lot worse talent than Billy G has. But I do agree that it's way too early to try and judge Gilispie as a coach.

it was 15-15 im pretty sure, and i agree about the talent thing, but i mean you cant expect to have a GREAT team the first year a new coach comes.
Hoopla Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a team is doing well, it's because we have good players and if a team is performing poorly, it's because the coach isn't any good. Get over it. BCG is trying to coach a team that isn't his. He has to have a starting point. After all, Tubby won a National Title with Pitino's team and then didn't do anything after that. Sure UK had winning seasons, but never anything worth writing home about. People need to stop and think before trying to burn BCG at the stake. He is a good coach that is trying to incorporate his style and philosophy to someone elses team. You so called UK fans that keep bashing BCG should wonder what might happen if you get your wish for BCG to be gone from UK. Who in their right mind would take the job and come to a place that has so much love and support for their coach? We might get someone that is washed up as a coach or a never will be because great coaches in college basketball, like BCG, will not want to come to a school that has a fan base that second guesses everything they do and is calling for their job at every turn they make. You big cry babies need to just stop bashing BCG and UK and start cheering for DUKE, because you would fit right in there. Confusederved:

Great post man...
oneandonly Wrote:it was 15-15 im pretty sure, and i agree about the talent thing, but i mean you cant expect to have a GREAT team the first year a new coach comes.

Very true. I just hope that Gilispie doesn't give up on his way of doing things just because of a lot of outside pressure.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Patterson's worst game so far. Yes it is a growing experience but he is basically our team. I am not faulting a freshmen for a loss especially when he has the whole team on his shoulders. But it is true, when Patterson is not making good decisions and is not playing normally, we will fall by the waistside. We are a very easy team to scout and shut down, it is simple, shut down Patterson and you leave us to shoot nothing but jumpers. So Louisiville rattled Patterson early and he was never able to recover to have a decent game. Mix that with a confused defense and you have todays game.
If our other players are not playing with a good mind and when our best shooter is having a horrible day (Meeks) we will not win.

Good post. It is readily apparent that Patterson is the most indispensable player on the team. When he is out (Houston game) or has an off-night (Louisville), UK has very little chance to win.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
why did patterson shoot 2 3's in the first half?? I know time on the shot clock was winding down, but there was at least 3-4 seconds left each time
Bradley needs to play some d**n defense he is flatfooted.
kentucky is terrible
Well I have talked to someone pretty close to the team and he said that Billy G. is probably the most negative person he has ever seen. Anybody knows that you can't play for someone you do not like and I don't think the players like him. He nevers praises them, only criticizes them. I don't care what anyone says, Tubby was a better coach than this guy. He has basically the same team as Tubby did last year (take Patterson for Morris) and he has made them into one of the worst UK teams of all time. I don't care if it is his 1st year or 50th year, if we were on probation and lost all of our scholarships. No UK team should be beaten by Gardner Webb and San Diego! This is all my opinion and some will not like it but the part about him being negative is the truth.
HazzBeen Wrote:Well I have talked to someone pretty close to the team and he said that Billy G. is probably the most negative person he has ever seen. Anybody knows that you can't play for someone you do not like and I don't think the players like him. He nevers praises them, only criticizes them. I don't care what anyone says, Tubby was a better coach than this guy. He has basically the same team as Tubby did last year (take Patterson for Morris) and he has made them into one of the worst UK teams of all time. I don't care if it is his 1st year or 50th year, if we were on probation and lost all of our scholarships. No UK team should be beaten by Gardner Webb and San Diego! This is all my opinion and some will not like it but the part about him being negative is the truth.

BCG is negative because he is trying to make a point. I really think that there are some players on this team that have an attitude and don't listen to coach. But BCG will go as far as losing players and losing games to make a point...we've seen that already this year.

I don't think BCG will be satisfied or any less negative until he gets his players that listen to him and play his way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK looked very impressive IMO in the first half. Second Half the fouls and Free Throws just got out of hand. We Will be around .500 at seasons end.