Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted or Strange places in Kentucky?
Blow Hog Wrote:We were down in Somerset last month for my daughter's ear doctor's appt. and decided to stop at Mill Springs Battlefield. My wife and daughter went on up the trail and I was standing at the site near where a blacksmith's barn had stood. As I was reading the plaque at the site I could have sworn I heard people running up towards me. I looked around and no one was anywhere to be seen. I started reading and it happened again and it was louder. Still no one around. I finished reading the plaque and realized that the area I was standing in was the direct path one of the Mississippi regiments took during a retreat during the fight. It was weird. Anyone else had anything happen there?

I live not even 2 miles from the battlefield. I've never heard of that happening. I'll have to try it. You were at the battlefield on HWY 235 in Nancy wasn't you?
Other places that are haunted in Somerset is Soul's Chapel.
Yes. Mill Springs at Nancy (Logan's Crossroads).

It was down through the gates on the far side of the trail and on up the hill. It was an odd experience. Saw nothing, just heard the running feet.
Has Bobby Mackey's in Newport been mentioned. This bar has been on many of the paranormal shows for several years.
Alice Lloyd is pretty haunted from what I hear.. Never been there, but the internet suggests there are a lot of strange things that take place there at night. Also heard there was like a shed up on the hill there, where some students went in and knew that it was haunted.. one went in and locked the door and like screams started coming out of nowhere, and the person came out with scratches all over em'.. Happened like wayyyy back in the day.. Just hear-say stuff tho, don't know it to be true, has anyone heard anything similar?
Ballers Wrote:Alice Lloyd is pretty haunted from what I hear.. Never been there, but the internet suggests there are a lot of strange things that take place there at night. Also heard there was like a shed up on the hill there, where some students went in and knew that it was haunted.. one went in and locked the door and like screams started coming out of nowhere, and the person came out with scratches all over em'.. Happened like wayyyy back in the day.. Just hear-say stuff tho, don't know it to be true, has anyone heard anything similar?

i have heard they story not so sure if it is tru or not.
Couple in Breathitt i know of is Jackson City School....but most of the things i've heard as always happend at night. when i went there i didnt see anything...but teachers and students have had wierd things happen...also there is an old church out on highway 30...which i have been in over a hundred times and something happens about everytime i go there...we have recieved EVP at the location.