Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted or Strange places in Kentucky?
Wuzza Bear Wrote:I wanna check out that Frozen Creek place, seems cool. And I dunno how in the world WMS could be haunted, its almost new.

Supposedly WMS is located on the grounds of an old homeplace. I don't know what happened to the family of the place, but I think they were forced off the property. I'm nsure there's more to it. I don't even remember seeing a house in that general area (I probably didn't pay attention) and I don't know when it was torn down. But the little girl and the father that lived there are supposed to haunt the school.
I don't remember one being there, but mom just said there was at least one, and maybe more.
vundy33 Wrote:huh? I went to FC for 3 years and spent alot of time in there as a kid and I never had any problems with any ghosts...lol. And I am supposedly susceptible to that kind of stuff...

Im not talking around when it shut down, just sayin I heard alot of rumors of strang "activity" around the late 80's about the time my dad went there.
Someone search for Waverly Hills. Just reading about that place gives me the creeps. One night I had a dream that the ghost of my grandfather that Ive never met came to my bedroom and watched me. Im almost certain it was just a dream.
Yeah, Waverly Hills would be a cool place to visit too, TAPS has been there a lot.
Waverly Hills is impressive just looking at it.

TAPS has been there two times that I know of. Each time the have something go on there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would LOVE to go to Waverly Hills.... I would have to have someone go with me though cause my bunch here at the house is WWAAYYYYY to chicken to!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
It'd be cool if we could get a BGR group to visit Waverly together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have went 3 times and 2 of the times were on Halloween...they sucked because there is way too many people. The 3rd time I went it was just me and my girlfriend and 2 of my cousins...When your alone in that place it's pretty wild but when there is like 200 people it gets ridiculous...I encourage you guys to go. Alot of history in the place...
ComfortEagle Wrote:Are you talking about the place where you park before getting to the Breaks?

That place is interesting and if you put your car in neutral at a certain spot it's supposed to roll UP the hill. We even recorded it on a cell phone camera. If you stop just past the marker for the unknown soldier, put your car in neutral, it will roll up the hill.
That's what I heard can't wait to try it. I wonder what the actual reason for this is, cause that is the only explanation.
ComfortEagle Wrote:It'd be cool if we could get a BGR group to visit Waverly together.
I'd be up for it. It is definately something Iwant to do my next two years of high school.
phs1986 Wrote:I would LOVE to go to Waverly Hills.... I would have to have someone go with me though cause my bunch here at the house is WWAAYYYYY to chicken to!!! Smile

I'm in! I want to do the 4 hour stay.

http://www.whshistory.com/index.html
Let me do some checking and get some prices..... IS... going around late Feb. early March okay with everyone who wants to go??

i'd pee on myself
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:i'd pee on myself

LMAO..... I probably will too BUT I have been wanting to go and see this place for some time now.... everyone here is just toooooooo freakin chicken to go with me.... :p

Where is it?
2 hour historical tour is 20 per person
4 hour stay is 50
8 hour stay is 100

Historical tours start 2:30 on Sundays
Paranormal tours are at 8,9,10 pm on Friday and Saturday.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Where is it?

http://www.whshistory.com/index.html

Louisville
I'd say a 4 hour on a Friday....

phs1986 Wrote:I'd say a 4 hour on a Friday....

I would have to do a Saturday or the misses would have to take vacation.
Saturday is fine with me.... It would take me 4 and a half to 5 hours to drive to Louisville.... at least I could get some sleep on Friday night... LOLOL....

4 hour Paranormal BAHAHAHA!!
I've never heard of Waverly Hills. I read the web-site, and other than the "Death Tunnel," I don't know what is so scary and haunted about it.....can someone tell me please??? :o
Could they be "SPIRITS" roaming the halls????

*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:I've never heard of Waverly Hills. I read the web-site, and other than the "Death Tunnel," I don't know what is so scary and haunted about it.....can someone tell me please??? :o

There were thousands of people that died there.

The whole place in huge. You don't have any clue how big it is until you see it in person. I've been to Waverly before and it's ridiculous how big the place is. It's also really spooky because it's so run down. Ivy, broken windows, dirt, dust everywhere it looks like a stereotypical haunted house x 1000.

There is also supposed to be the ghost of a little boy that is seen around the building...I think his name is Timmy or something. There is a red kick ball on each floor that people have brought over the years for this ghost kid to play with. People will leave the ball in one place and then come back and the ball will have moved to a completely different room or down the hall.

On the show Ghost Hunters they actually placed the ball in a spot and drew a circle around it so they would know if it moved, and on camera you could see the ball start to move when they asked the ghost kid to move the ball. Weird.

There is also a phenomenon known as "shadow people" which is supposed to appear on the top floor. Supposedly you can stand and see shadow figures moving around you.

From everything I've heard, there's not really anything evil there, nothing that would cause harm, just a lot of spirits and odd things happening.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:I've never heard of Waverly Hills. I read the web-site, and other than the "Death Tunnel," I don't know what is so scary and haunted about it.....can someone tell me please??? :o

The Death Tunnel at Waverley is actually a chute, much like you see used for laundry, only it was for bodies of Tuberculosis patients that died there. They used chutes because the death rate was so high that they didnt want the other patients to contstantly see the dead being carted out. So theyd put the bodies in the chute, and a waiting hearse would pick them up at the railroad just down the hill below Waverley Hills.
Thanks guys! Sounds like a creepy, but cool, place!!!
[edit] The Tunnel

Completed in 1926, this inclined corridor was first constructed for workers to be able to move supplies in and out of the building from the railroad spur at the bottom of the hill. One side of the tunnel consists of concrete steps while the other is made up of a motorized rail and cable system. At some point it was decided that the tunnel could also be used to discreetly transport bodies off of the hill without other patients witnessing it, thereby protecting their morale. The bodies of the dead were placed on a cart and then lowered to the bottom. According to the current owner of Waverly Hills Sanatorium on Ghost Hunters - "Haunted Sanatorium" (2006), a maintenance worker lost his arm while repairing the cable. At about the same time a body was being lowered down to the morgue. The maintenance workers disembodied arm made it into the same area where they kept the deceased bodies.

This is from Wikipedia.
We were down in Somerset last month for my daughter's ear doctor's appt. and decided to stop at Mill Springs Battlefield. My wife and daughter went on up the trail and I was standing at the site near where a blacksmith's barn had stood. As I was reading the plaque at the site I could have sworn I heard people running up towards me. I looked around and no one was anywhere to be seen. I started reading and it happened again and it was louder. Still no one around. I finished reading the plaque and realized that the area I was standing in was the direct path one of the Mississippi regiments took during a retreat during the fight. It was weird. Anyone else had anything happen there?
ghost? i don't believe there are such things as ghost, but man deserves what he did, that's true