Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are some things on BGR that really annoy you?
More Cowbell Wrote:I can't stand when the title of a game thread has the losing team first, as in "Red 50, Blue 55".

Can't stand it, and I will always edit the thread to turn it around. Smile
I agree with this one more than any other one! That drives me to insanity, lol.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I agree with this one more than any other one! That drives me to insanity, lol.

Thanks, dude. Glad I'm not the only one.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Redneck Wrote:I ain't the smartest man in the world but I don't think you are suppose to use a comma inbetween the words "grammar" and "and".

I'm still just a senior in high school, and I'm a C student.

Give me a break... Smile

Examples of what I mean....

u r a louisville fan

&

good game tonite
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm still just a senior in high school, and I'm a C student.

Give me a break... Smile

Examples of what I mean....

u r a louisville fan

&

good game tonite

Hey hon... I already answered him for ya... here again is the example of comma usage that I used....

baseball, basketball, and football...

You did it correctly!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Hey hon... I already answered him for ya... here again is the example of comma usage that I used....

baseball, basketball, and football...

You did it correctly!!

Yeah, I thank you and Tomcat68 for your support... Wink
blackcat_student Wrote:Yeah, I thank you and Tomcat68 for your support... Wink

anytime... :Thumbs:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
More Cowbell Wrote:Thanks, dude. Glad I'm not the only one.
I'll 3rd that!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef really annoys me.

LOL, J/K bud.
RavenBoy Wrote:The only thing that kills me is you can only say good things about stuff, god forbid you say anything negitive, you know since the world is all nice.

You can say negative (spell check RavenBoy) remarks, just be a little creative about it. Don't say, "JBS just sucks!" If you don't like JBS, it's ok and there are creative ways to say it instead of being a jerk about it. Not saying you are or have been either ok...Wink

BTW, my pet peeves are JBS bashing because it's gotten really old and the posting of scores in threads. I personally like a hyphen between the teams (example: Prestonsburg 75 - South Floyd 68) or just leave it like this (Prestonsburg 75 South Floyd 68). There is no uniform way of posting scores enforced on BGR.
I really can't stand when people complain about everthing that they can't stand.

j/k lol

The only thing that really bothers me is when people overuse the "lol" or the "haha" in a post.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Redneck Wrote:I ain't the smartest man in the world but I don't think you are suppose to use a comma inbetween the words "grammar" and "and".

The "comma before and" is apparently correct as is "no comma before and." There has been much debate among scholars. Both ways are now widely excepted as being correct.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:The "comma before and" is apparently correct as is "no comma before and." There has been much debate among scholars. Both ways are now widely excepted as being correct.

Yeah, phs1986 and Tomcat68 cleared that up. I just remember one of my English teachers from high school ALWAYS gettin all bent outta shape over that, lol.
Another things that bothers me are when people start a thread using KCC and PCC... Mostly because I usually don't know who there talking about until I open the thread or even have to look it up myself.

Examples: KCC vs. PCC.

I wish that it would look like this, Knott Central or Knox Central vs. Perry Central or Pike Central.

Another is when the date of a game isn't beside Team A vs. Team B, in the title.

I complain alot, sorry.
When things are posted onto here from sites like Rivals and you can't view all of it .
PC_You_Know Wrote:When things are posted onto here from sites like Rivals and you can't view all of it .

YES. That annoys the poo outta me too. I click on em all the time and all I get to see is the same thing that was already posted on here becaue I don't have a membership with Rivals to read the whole story.
PC_You_Know Wrote:When things are posted onto here from sites like Rivals and you can't view all of it .

Thats been taking care of.
The only thing that really bugs me is when adults get on here and bash kids. That IMO is pathetic!!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The only thing that really bugs me is when adults get on here and bash kids. That IMO is pathetic!!!!

I'll second that one. Pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate ICQ language. lol, haha, ROFLMAO...Can't stand it really. Poor spellers also are very bothersome. Non-punctuation users. All CAPS posters. !@!#@!#!@# really bothers me. BC75 is a real nerve-getter also. Smile
corndog's mclovin avatar.. he's got to be the ugliest dude in a long time...
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
ComfortEagle Wrote:One of my pet peeves is when people post a thread and feel the need to put more than one question mark at the end.

Is there really a need to put ?????? at the end of the thread? You're asking a question, we get it, lol.

Another thing would have to be capitalization. Seriously, how hard is it to hit SHIFT?

Keep it civil in here, no bashing of anyone or the site.

Agreed with the capitalization. Sometimes I capitalize and sometimes I don't.
Redneck Wrote:YES. That annoys the poo outta me too. I click on em all the time and all I get to see is the same thing that was already posted on here becaue I don't have a membership with Rivals to read the whole story.

"poo"

LOL, what the **** is that, I never typed that. Did a mod change it or do we have some kinda spell check that replaces the bad words with less slain terms?

LOL, "POO", come on...
Redneck Wrote:"poo"

LOL, what the **** is that, I never typed that. Did a mod change it or do we have some kinda spell check that replaces the bad words with less slain terms?

LOL, "POO", come on...

Not that I am aware of but I could go in and set it up to do that.....Big Grin
Midee1 Wrote:Not that I am aware of but I could go in and set it up to do that.....Big Grin

That's cool man, actually that would be pretty funny to see what kinda other words it could come up with.
Just finding the site, I am suprised of the Eastern KY bias here. This is Bluegrass Rivals, Kentucky High School Sports, although it seems to be 14th-15th region dominant. Growing up playing and watching sports in the 59th district, it is great to find a place where it is discussed openly as I have been out of the loop the last few years. I only get to read the LHL, News-Express online and what I can hear from the few people I know still connected to the teams. I would like to see more discussions about teams from other parts of the state. It is hard to believe in all of the threads I have read, not one about ole' Randy McCoy and UHA, who else better to coach Hopson in his last year of high school ball. A little sarcasm for you there. Seems as no one on here has any connection with any teams outside of eastern Kentucky although this is supposedly a statewide discussion forum. Might as well be called Pike County Rivals with a few extras thrown in.
A-TRAIN Wrote:Just finding the site, I am suprised of the Eastern KY bias here. This is Bluegrass Rivals, Kentucky High School Sports, although it seems to be 14th-15th region dominant. Growing up playing and watching sports in the 59th district, it is great to find a place where it is discussed openly as I have been out of the loop the last few years. I only get to read the LHL, News-Express online and what I can hear from the few people I know still connected to the teams. I would like to see more discussions about teams from other parts of the state. It is hard to believe in all of the threads I have read, not one about ole' Randy McCoy and UHA, who else better to coach Hopson in his last year of high school ball. A little sarcasm for you there. Seems as no one on here has any connection with any teams outside of eastern Kentucky although this is supposedly a statewide discussion forum. Might as well be called Pike County Rivals with a few extras thrown in.

We at BGR are well aware that this website is overrun with members from 14-16 region teams. Not that its a problem but we are doing our best at BGR to help the website grow. We've added a new moderator from Bowling Green, and we've gotten a lot of interest from users from Western Kentucky during football season, but like I said before, we're doing our best to help this website grow outside of Eastern Kentucky.

If you know anyone that would be interested in joining BGR outside of Eastern Kentucky be sure to let them know about this website, and be sure to add that its FREE.:thumpsup:
blackcat_student Wrote:We at BGR are well aware that this website is overrun with members from 14-16 region teams. Not that its a problem but we are doing our best at BGR to help the website grow. We've added a new moderator from Bowling Green, and we've gotten a lot of interest from users from Western Kentucky during football season, but like I said before, we're doing our best to help this website grow outside of Eastern Kentucky.

If you know anyone that would be interested in joining BGR outside of Eastern Kentucky be sure to let them know about this website, and be sure to add that its FREE.:thumpsup:

Well Said BlackCat!!!!
When someone gets on here and obviously posts about themselves and brags how good they are, or think they are.

example...username: TiGeR17, then they start a thread.....How good is Bruebaker #17 for Paintsville is at linebacker, personally, I think he might be the best that ever played by the time he graduates.....he made 3 solo tackles in one freshman game this year against Poedunk HS Freshmen.
A-TRAIN Wrote:Just finding the site, I am suprised of the Eastern KY bias here. This is Bluegrass Rivals, Kentucky High School Sports, although it seems to be 14th-15th region dominant. Growing up playing and watching sports in the 59th district, it is great to find a place where it is discussed openly as I have been out of the loop the last few years. I only get to read the LHL, News-Express online and what I can hear from the few people I know still connected to the teams. I would like to see more discussions about teams from other parts of the state. It is hard to believe in all of the threads I have read, not one about ole' Randy McCoy and UHA, who else better to coach Hopson in his last year of high school ball. A little sarcasm for you there. Seems as no one on here has any connection with any teams outside of eastern Kentucky although this is supposedly a statewide discussion forum. Might as well be called Pike County Rivals with a few extras thrown in.
Well...it was started in EKy. Go recruit some for us.....heck...it's free after all!
The Guru Wrote:When someone gets on here and obviously posts about themselves and brags how good they are, or think they are.

example...username: TiGeR17, then they start a thread.....How good is Bruebaker #17 for Paintsville is at linebacker, personally, I think he might be the best that ever played by the time he graduates.....he made 3 solo tackles in one freshman game this year against Poedunk HS Freshmen.

:thatsfunn That's hilarious...