Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Closings/Delays 1-17-08
Just heard that Pikeville (not Pike Co.) is on a hour delay.....

Johnson- 2 hour delay
Martin- 2 hour delay

SO FAR..... all this could change.... look outside!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Hey guys, currently delayed in Bluegrass Airport.

Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:30 AM but we're not going to leave until 10:00 AM.

We also have layovers in Atlanta and New Orleans.

Originally supposed to arrive at LAX at 2:15 PM, they're saying that now we won't get there until 8:45 PM.

Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JEnkins- Closed

Pike County- Closed

Paintsville City- 2 hour delay

ComfortEagle Wrote:Hey guys, currently delayed in Bluegrass Airport.

Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:30 AM but we're not going to leave until 10:00 AM.

Originally supposed to arrive at LAX at 2:15 PM, they're saying that now we won't get there until 8:45 PM.

Sad

Sit tight CE... go get ya somethin to eat and heck... for that matter.... take a nap!!! Wink

Wolfe- Closed

Leslie- Closed

Update

7am
CLOSED
Pike
Floyd
Big Sandy
Martin Co
Mingo Co
Buchanon
Sacred Heart School/Williamson
MSU-Prestonsburg
DELAYS
Pikeville Ind---1 hr
Christ Central--1 hr
Martin is Closed now.
Big Sandy is Closed and the Morehead Campus in Prestonsburg is also.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Hey guys, currently delayed in Bluegrass Airport.

Sad

What airline are you flying on? Man how much did you pay for a ticket that has TWO layovers...How come you didn't take Southwest of of Louisville?
vundy33 Wrote:What airline are you flying on? Man how much did you pay for a ticket that has TWO layovers...How come you didn't take Southwest of of Louisville?

Delta was cheapest so we took Delta. Didn't pay for the ticket, it's a school trip.

Still waiting to load the plane in Lexington.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Huh....I thought Southwest was usually the cheapest...but they don't fly out of Bluegrass so that could be the reason...lol you know I've flown alot and have never had one delay...
Jus wondering...Why were all these schools cancelled/delayed for? At 5:30 this morn, it hadn't done anything but rain where I'm at in Paintsville. Does anyone out there have any actual snow/ice?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Jus wondering...Why were all these schools cancelled/delayed for? At 5:30 this morn, it hadn't done anything but rain where I'm at in Paintsville. Does anyone out there have any actual snow/ice?

At 5:30 this morning I had over an inch of snow and it was POURING down.... by 6:30 it was nothing but sleeting ..... All of that covered the snow and made driving dangerous. I personally don't want mine on a bus on roads like that....

If it had done nothing but rain then why was Paintsville City schools on a 2 hour delay??

I was talking to a friend and she said it didn't even snow in Floyd, maybe someone can clear that up or something.
It's all kinda slushy out here now but I will take a picture of the snow... maybe that will clear up Pike County.... LOL..... I don't have no idea about Floyd.... did they cancel today too??

Okay... first picture is of the top of my car... AFTER the rain had melted most of it.... The second pic is of part of my pool deck.... you can see the slushy ice on it....

Yea stat, it was just real slick out. Alot of Sleet covered the roads, and then they were told the snow was coming in cause they thought temp was dropping. Up toward Mud Creek and that area it had already began changing to snow so they thought it would do it throughout the county, but it didn't.
I hope it clears up by tomorrow, I am going home for the weekend and I don't want to run into any bad weather or roads.
phs1986 Wrote:At 5:30 this morning I had over an inch of snow and it was POURING down.... by 6:30 it was nothing but sleeting ..... All of that covered the snow and made driving dangerous. I personally don't want mine on a bus on roads like that....

If it had done nothing but rain then why was Paintsville City schools on a 2 hour delay??
I couldn't tell ya why, hence the " Does anyone out there have any actual snow/ice?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]