NEXT Wrote:Out of teams that I have seen play

1 - Johnson Central
2 - AB Combs
3 - Martin Co.
4 - Pikeville
5 - Paintsville
6 - Dorton

Any others have any thoughts?

Hindman/Knott County has a solid team. They have beaten Pikeville on this list and lost a close game to AB COMBS after leading most of the game.
Haven't seen Johnson Central or Martin County play.
wildcats88 Wrote:I've seen alot of teams play this summer and the best team I've seen by far is Virgie.This is for pike county.I watched them beat Dorton by 39 points back in the summer,beat Pikeville by 24,every game I seen them play they won by 15 or more.Virgie could start a different line-up every night,,thay are loaded.As far as Pikeville and Dorton being better,,,,no way.They don't have a chance to beat Virgie!!!!!!!!I Also i watched them play Hazzard,they lost one and won one.Good game both of them...

Did Virgie lose out in the county tourney? Don't see them listed in either of the semi-final games?
Betsy Layne has a good team this year. Lots of size and quickness.
I heard that Betsy Layne played Belfry today at a HoopFest at Mca....What were some of the stats and final score.
Betsy Layne won by 3. Betsy Layne's coach played his 6th & 7thgraders the second half. BL would have blown Belfry away, had the starters played the entire game. Lots of talent at BL this year!
THE ROOKIE Wrote:Betsy Layne won by 3. Betsy Layne's coach played his 6th & 7thgraders the second half. BL would have blown Belfry away, had the starters played the entire game. Lots of talent at BL this year!

Your right we played all 17 8th graders.....and we have been in the gym 7 times counting today. We came over to play to help out MCA.

Would love to play BL about January.
why would u Betsy layen is going to stomp eveyone
none of these team could stand a chance between bl
wildcats88 Wrote:I've seen alot of teams play this summer and the best team I've seen by far is Virgie.This is for pike county.I watched them beat Dorton by 39 points back in the summer,beat Pikeville by 24,every game I seen them play they won by 15 or more.Virgie could start a different line-up every night,,thay are loaded.As far as Pikeville and Dorton being better,,,,no way.They don't have a chance to beat Virgie!!!!!!!!I Also i watched them play Hazzard,they lost one and won one.Good game both of them...

In the Millard panorama today I watched what should be the championship game of the county tournament this year..Virgie vs. Belfry..Real good game,,Virgie won by 7 points,,but I feel it could be more.Virgie never played up to what they are capable to.I also watched Millard beat Belfry by 3..But,It was on Millards home floor...Millard can beat anyone up there on any given night!!
Also,Feds Creek's A Team Beat Belfry's Bteam.. pretty bad..In one other game Virgie beat Mullins by 22,no surprise here!!!!
Well I heard tonight at the Johnson Central Panorama Betsy Layne beat Johnson Central A-Team.
County is wide open
from what ive seen this year in panorama's 1 betsy layne 2 virgie 3 belfry 4 ab combs 5 hazard 6 johnson cen.7th 7 pikeville 8 letcher co. 9 paintsville 10 dorton 11 johnson cen. 8th 12 wesley.
YANKS4LIFE Wrote:from what ive seen this year in panorama's 1 betsy layne 2 virgie 3 belfry 4 ab combs 5 hazard 6 johnson cen.7th 7 pikeville 8 letcher co. 9 paintsville 10 dorton 11 johnson cen. 8th 12 wesley.

Wesley beat us so they should be ahead of us, but in my opinion Hazard is better than all of those teams--well at least the ones I have seen.
what about Herald Whitaker they seem to have a nice team ?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Wesley beat us so they should be ahead of us, but in my opinion Hazard is better than all of those teams--well at least the ones I have seen.

You are right.Hazard is one of the best teams I've seen also.Maybe the best.They beat Herald Whitaker without 2 starters.One who is 6'5""and from what I hear is one of the best players around.I think that Dorton has the best big man around by far.Once he gets the ball low,no-one can stop him......
wildcats88 Wrote:You are right.Hazard is one of the best teams I've seen also.Maybe the best.They beat Herald Whitaker without 2 starters.One who is 6'5""and from what I hear is one of the best players around.I think that Dorton has the best big man around by far.Once he gets the ball low,no-one can stop him......
Hazard is good and beat Herald whitaker by 8 HW had 3 min. to rest after just playing before playing hazard no excuses though that is a fine team
The Fan Wrote:Hazard is good and beat Herald whitaker by 8 HW had 3 min. to rest after just playing before playing hazard no excuses though that is a fine team

You are right...HW did have 3 mins. to rest..Those 2 nights at Dorton was tough.That's to late for teams to play on school nights.It should have went at least 4 nights.I agree,if HW was rested it may have been a different game.Two outstanding teams.I would love to see them play again.Maybe the 2 best teams I've seen so far.
I watched every game that Powell Co played this year (7th grade) and yes they are awesome......
I've seen alot of teams play in pike,but none like Virgie.They run 9 players at you.Anyone of those boys could start.They run the floor better than any team I've seen in a while.They play fast,uptempo basketball,kind of like the UNLV teams played back in the early 90's.Mullins tried to slow the ball down on them and it not work.Virgie's press speeds the game up,the guards up front are so quick,and the 2 forwards are also quick to get the steal.So can any one out there beat them?
Betsy Layne beat Johnson Central in the first half by 10 and by 2 or 3 in the 2nd half. Betsy Layne had one starter out at the point guard position. Bobcats are looking pretty good in the pre-season.
Pike county has alot of good teams, looks to be wide open, dorton, belfry both good teams.
Hazard is hands down the best team I have seen. Harold Whitaker is second. In Pike County Millard, Pikeville, Belfry are the top 3 with Dorton and Virgie just behind them. Should be a good year in Pike County.
new o Wrote:Hazard is hands down the best team I have seen. Harold Whitaker is second. In Pike County Millard, Pikeville, Belfry are the top 3 with Dorton and Virgie just behind them. Should be a good year in Pike County.

As of right now, I'd have to rank Virgie, Belfry, and Pikeville as the 3 best with Millard and Dorton behind them.
did Wesley Christian beat Dorton and did Betsy Layne beat Johnson Central ????
Let's remember, these are mostly scrimagges.
bleedin blue Wrote:did Wesley Christian beat Dorton and did Betsy Layne beat Johnson Central ????

I don't know about the BL/JC game, but Wesley did beat us.
Yes, Betsy Layne did beat Johnson Central in the A-team game
My opinion is...
virgie,
millard,
and belfry,
with dorton and pikeville behind them.
But opinions aren't as important as facts.
Only time will tell.
Mullins A-Team can beat Dorton
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next