Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Jesus play angers church leaders
thecavemaster Wrote:So, if I understand your statement...and the cute little cartoon that follows, it makes you happy to think about the people involved in this play burning in that great mythic place called "****." Exactly how is that consistent with the mercy and compassion of your so-called Jesus, his grief at the loss of even one little one? Just maybe, the spirit so-called "Christians" demonstrate is a greater blasphemy to Jesus than some silly play.

i agree and that's why a percentage of people around her are Agnostic or Atheist cause there's no good examples of christans around here all the know how to do is hate and judge and be glad someone is going Burn in **** forever for being Gay or Pro-Choice...yes i know a "christan " who acts like that!:mad:
They will pay someday when they die and meet their maker!
BFritz Wrote:Yes it mocks Jesus and the people producing the play should be punished.
If what you believe is true they will have to answer for these acts on Judgement Day, no?
So why make it our concern. It is because of people like you that the founding fathers, mainly Jefferson gave us Freedom Of Religion.
If left to people like you, there would only be people like you here. I wouldn't want to live in a world full of BFritz's.. Just one of you is plenty.
DevilsWin Wrote:If what you believe is true they will have to answer for these acts on Judgement Day, no?
So why make it our concern. It is because of people like you that the founding fathers, mainly Jefferson gave us Freedom Of Religion.
If left to people like you, there would only be people like you here. I wouldn't want to live in a world full of BFritz's.. Just one of you is plenty.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

same goes for sherman14 too
thecavemaster Wrote:When someone disagrees with a Bible thumper, they most always say, "I doubt you've read the bible." You obviously fancy yourself some sort of apologist for the Judaeo-Christian faith. However, it was not arguments that persuaded Peter was it? I thought it was faith revealed, not debated into the realm of belief.

I think you are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. I'm not heated nor am I arguing. I don't fancy myself as anything other than a fallible man who believes in an infallible God. Arguments did not persuade Peter -- The truth did! I am simply stating to you the truth revealed in which you can have faith or you can not. It's your choice - not an argument from me; I've already made my decision.
BaseballMan Wrote:I think you are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. I'm not heated nor am I arguing. I don't fancy myself as anything other than a fallible man who believes in an infallible God. Arguments did not persuade Peter -- The truth did! I am simply stating to you the truth revealed in which you can have faith or you can not. It's your choice - not an argument from me; I've already made my decision.

"Here is the truth...make your own decision." Were the christians to stand here, then lead lives consistent with THE SPIRIT of the founder of their faith, it would be a different world. Because, in masses, they don't (and other faiths as well), religion poisons everything.
thecavemaster Wrote:"Here is the truth...make your own decision." Were the christians to stand here, then lead lives consistent with THE SPIRIT of the founder of their faith, it would be a different world. Because, in masses, they don't (and other faiths as well), religion poisons everything.

That is where the Bible stands. That is what God's Word tells us to do. I apologize to you for the mass of people you've seen who claim to be christians represent God fallibly. Billy Graham once said that 75% of the roll - membership - of our churches in America will never see Heaven. Seeing many churches split over the color of carpet or the amount of money in the budget saddens me as well. The Word of God even says that not all of the people who claim to be followers really are. Some do it for the reputation, some for obedience to parents, and some for other crazy reasons.

However, with all those bad examples, there are the few that are faithful. There are the few that follow with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength. The Bible says, "The Harvest is great, but the workers are few."

I couldn't agree with your statements here more. Religion really can poison everything. Jesus said, "Religion that the father sees as good and pure is to take care of widows and orphans in their distress." Christ didn't come to establish a new religion, but to amend the sins of man and establish a new relationship with the Father.
BaseballMan Wrote:That is where the Bible stands. That is what God's Word tells us to do. I apologize to you for the mass of people you've seen who claim to be christians represent God fallibly. Billy Graham once said that 75% of the roll - membership - of our churches in America will never see Heaven. Seeing many churches split over the color of carpet or the amount of money in the budget saddens me as well. The Word of God even says that not all of the people who claim to be followers really are. Some do it for the reputation, some for obedience to parents, and some for other crazy reasons.

However, with all those bad examples, there are the few that are faithful. There are the few that follow with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength. The Bible says, "The Harvest is great, but the workers are few."

I couldn't agree with your statements here more. Religion really can poison everything. Jesus said, "Religion that the father sees as good and pure is to take care of widows and orphans in their distress." Christ didn't come to establish a new religion, but to amend the sins of man and establish a new relationship with the Father.

Every religion I have studied has truth and beauty in it. Those who walk closest to the true fire of their faith are often labeled heretics by the dominant culture (see jesus).