Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region pitchers.
Who is the best pitcher in the 15th region, IMO it is Shane Grimm @ P-ville
I think he is probably the likely choice. Maybe we will see more from some of the younger guys this season, but I agree with Grimmie as the choice right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Without a doubt, I'd have to go with Shane Grimm.
I agree as of right now. I don't expect anyone to step up to his level this season.
Without a doubt Grimm
Not in order
1.Shepherd-LC
2.Grimm-PHS
3.Little-AC
4.Lyons-PHS (might be the best by seasons end)
5.Michael-LC
6.Cyrus-LC
7.Conley-JC
8.Parker-JC
9.Vance-JC
10.Huffman-Pikeville

Seems like there will be a young groups of pitchers running throught the region this year.
1911 Wrote:Not in order
1.Shepherd-LC
2.Grimm-PHS
3.Little-AC
5.Michael-LC
6.Cyrus-LC
7.Conley-JC
8.Parker-JC
9.Vance-JC
10.Huffman-Pikeville

Seems like there will be a young groups of pitchers running throught the region this year.
All looks good here except I would take Nick Vance off. He is a good pitcher don't get me wrong but he is not one of the best in the reigon. This thread is pretty much meaningless as of now we should start saying who we think is the best when the season starts.
1911 Wrote:Not in order
1.Shepherd-LC
2.Grimm-PHS
3.Little-AC
5.Michael-LC
6.Cyrus-LC
7.Conley-JC
8.Parker-JC
9.Vance-JC
10.Huffman-Pikeville

Gee guys , you reckon there is anybody out of the 57th district that can play baseball? Really biased picks by every one. Not a soul has mentioned Dillon Stiltner from Phelps. He may possibly be in the top 3 or 4. When it comes to knowing how to pitch , being able to locate, and chang speeds, He is #1, bar none. Lacks velocity , but he is a lefty. A little more velocity and he puts Grimm to shame. Grimm gets all of the publicity but Stiltner can pitch!! Stiltner just plays in the lost part of the baseball world that nobody knows about.

From what I am hearing Like Huffman may be out this season with a torn rotator cuff.

One that should be considered is Jeremy Stacy from JC.

Brady Horn could probably be in there somewhere.

Buck Martin from Pike Central could be in there somewhere.

What about Crowder from AC?

Since Daniel Harmon is not playing basketball, he may be able to slip in there somewhere if he has done anything at all over the winter. He didn't look to bad last year..

And by the way there Knockoutking, Nick Vance did beat Lawrence Co. last year, had like a 5-1 record, came into relief in the semi state championship game and shut Letcher down in a very crucial situation and should very definately be considered in this group.

I dont think there is any way that you can legitimately pick a top 10 right now because this year pitching wise is very young and there is a lot of wait and sees on how some develope and see which ones may have already reached thier peak. Really almost impossible to do at this point.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Gee guys , you reckon there is anybody out of the 57th district that can play baseball? Really biased picks by every one. Not a soul has mentioned Dillon Stiltner from Phelps. He may possibly be in the top 3 or 4. When it comes to knowing how to pitch , being able to locate, and chang speeds, He is #1, bar none. Lacks velocity , but he is a lefty. A little more velocity and he puts Grimm to shame. Grimm gets all of the publicity but Stiltner can pitch!! Stiltner just plays in the lost part of the baseball world that nobody knows about.

I agree 100%!! I have watched Dillion pitch from his little league years up and he IS an excellent pitcher. He also is very dedicated when it comes to working on his baseball skills. At least he used to be. He has a GREAT family support in both of his parents and I have never known him not to go out and give 100% at every game he participates in. You are correct, he can change speeds and he has a nice curve ball. I do believe he is ONLY a junior this year as well. Thank you for mentioning this young man. I do believe he is one of the best in the 15th region....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:

I agree 100%!! I have watched Dillion pitch from his little league years up and he IS an excellent pitcher. He also is very dedicated when it comes to working on his baseball skills. At least he used to be. He has a GREAT family support in both of his parents and I have never known him not to go out and give 100% at every game he participates in. You are correct, he can change speeds and he has a nice curve ball. I do believe he is ONLY a junior this year as well. Thank you for mentioning this young man. I do believe he is one of the best in the 15th region....
Your welcome. If he had about 4 or 5 more miles an hour on his fastball, he would be recruited by half the college world. He is about as poised and confident on the mound as anyone I have seen in high school. He has pitched against some better competition than what he will face in the 15th region and has been dominate.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Gee guys , you reckon there is anybody out of the 57th district that can play baseball? Really biased picks by every one. Not a soul has mentioned Dillon Stiltner from Phelps. He may possibly be in the top 3 or 4. When it comes to knowing how to pitch , being able to locate, and chang speeds, He is #1, bar none. Lacks velocity , but he is a lefty. A little more velocity and he puts Grimm to shame. Grimm gets all of the publicity but Stiltner can pitch!! Stiltner just plays in the lost part of the baseball world that nobody knows about.

From what I am hearing Like Huffman may be out this season with a torn rotator cuff.

One that should be considered is Jeremy Stacy from JC.

Brady Horn could probably be in there somewhere.

Buck Martin from Pike Central could be in there somewhere.

What about Crowder from AC?

Since Daniel Harmon is not playing basketball, he may be able to slip in there somewhere if he has done anything at all over the winter. He didn't look to bad last year..

And by the way there Knockoutking, Nick Vance did beat Lawrence Co. last year, had like a 5-1 record, came into relief in the semi state championship game and shut Letcher down in a very crucial situation and should very definately be considered in this group.

I dont think there is any way that you can legitimately pick a top 10 right now because this year pitching wise is very young and there is a lot of wait and sees on how some develope and see which ones may have already reached thier peak. Really almost impossible to do at this point.

well half the reason there are only 57th district kids being mentioned is due to the fact that no other team in the 15th region has a shot at winning the region..it will come out of the 57th, so half the kids that are mentioned no one gets to see because they dont even hardly make the tournament
OMG Wrote:well half the reason there are only 57th district kids being mentioned is due to the fact that no other team in the 15th region has a shot at winning the region..it will come out of the 57th, so half the kids that are mentioned no one gets to see because they dont even hardly make the tournament

What does having a shot at winning the region have to do with anything? A lot of players that I mentioned play on teams that play teams in the 57th district during the regulat season. It's not like nobody will ever have the chance to see any of them. I am a strong supporter of 57th district teams myself, but it is a little arrogant to think that some of the others that I mentioned are not good players as well.

A couple of kids that I mentioned can very easily beat the big 3 in the 57th. If you remember nobody thought that LCC could beat Fyffe in the semi state either , did they? Guess what, it happened. This is baseball. Anything can happen.

The thing is that when you get to the regional tournament there will be two teams out of the 58th, the 59th, and the 60th there as well. It is very possible that one of the two that comes out of the 57th could go home after the first game. I would hate to be any team in the 57th having to face Stiltner in the first game. You had better not count Pikeville out either. The best I remember they beat Paintsville @ Paintsville last season, rather easily.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:What does having a shot at winning the region have to do with anything? A lot of players that I mentioned play on teams that play teams in the 57th district during the regulat season. It's not like nobody will ever have the chance to see any of them. I am a strong supporter of 57th district teams myself, but it is a little arrogant to think that some of the others that I mentioned are not good players as well.

A couple of kids that I mentioned can very easily beat the big 3 in the 57th. If you remember nobody thought that LCC could beat Fyffe in the semi state either , did they? Guess what, it happened. This is baseball. Anything can happen.

The thing is that when you get to the regional tournament there will be two teams out of the 58th, the 59th, and the 60th there as well. It is very possible that one of the two that comes out of the 57th could go home after the first game. I would hate to be any team in the 57th having to face Stiltner in the first game. You had better not count Pikeville out either. The best I remember they beat Paintsville @ Paintsville last season, rather easily.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU....I THINK I WORDED IT WRONG WITH WHAT I WAS SAYING...I SIMPLY MEANT THAT SOME PEOPLE WHO WATCH THE REGION ONLY HAS A CHANCE TO SEE THE REST OF THE TEAMS(BESIDES THEIR OWN) WHEN THEY GET TO THE TOURNAMENT, AND SOMETIMES THERE ARE QUITE A FEW PITCHERS OUT THERE WHO ARE REALLY GOOD BUT NO ONE WILL SEE THEM BECAUSE OF THAT....ARROGANCE IS NOT WHAT I WAS GETTING AT I APOLOGIZE...
OMG Wrote:I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU....I THINK I WORDED IT WRONG WITH WHAT I WAS SAYING...I SIMPLY MEANT THAT SOME PEOPLE WHO WATCH THE REGION ONLY HAS A CHANCE TO SEE THE REST OF THE TEAMS(BESIDES THEIR OWN) WHEN THEY GET TO THE TOURNAMENT, AND SOMETIMES THERE ARE QUITE A FEW PITCHERS OUT THERE WHO ARE REALLY GOOD BUT NO ONE WILL SEE THEM BECAUSE OF THAT....ARROGANCE IS NOT WHAT I WAS GETTING AT I APOLOGIZE...

:Thumbs:
Stiltner is indeed one of the better pitchers in the region. I also like Crowder from AC with Little out Crowder should really get a chance to shine. But the top one going in is Grimm, but good luck to all these young men. also I almost forgot the kid from Pike Central not sure of his name.
bad hop Wrote:Stiltner is indeed one of the better pitchers in the region. I also like Crowder from AC with Little out Crowder should really get a chance to shine. But the top one going in is Grimm, but good luck to all these young men. also I almost forgot the kid from Pike Central not sure of his name.

Buck Martin
Grimm - Paintsville
The only problem with this thread is that some of us never actually get to see ALL of the pitchers in the 15th region. We have to read about them in stat listings or a few written columns in the sports section of an area newspaper.

As of right now from those I have seen pitch last year it would be Shane Grim from Paintsville.
Brandon "Buck" Martin should do good this year... he has spent alot of time in the weightroom in the off season and should be better...

Dillon Stiltner from Phelps has a good arm...
PHS#1 Wrote:

Dillon Stiltner from Phelps has a good arm...

see ive not heard much on him, is he a lefty or righty? how hard does he throw?
OMG Wrote:see ive not heard much on him, is he a lefty or righty? how hard does he throw?

u kno i can't remember but i think left... he throws pretty hard and got good stuff.... i think he is top 10 in region atleast
PHS#1 Wrote:u kno i can't remember but i think left... he throws pretty hard and got good stuff.... i think he is top 10 in region atleast

He is a lefty.....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:He is a lefty.....

thanks how hard
Grimm easily
So Who Would Be The Better Lefty? Stiltner Or Grimm??
OMG Wrote:So Who Would Be The Better Lefty? Stiltner Or Grimm??

Just about everybody on here will state that as being Grimm.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just about everybody on here will state that as being Grimm.

ok thanks i was just trying to get somewhat of an idea of how this kid throws...ive never seen him just heard about him on here...how old is he? does anyone know if they have ever clocked him on speed?
Yeah, I take the better left to be Grimm.
OMG Wrote:ok thanks i was just trying to get somewhat of an idea of how this kid throws...ive never seen him just heard about him on here...how old is he? does anyone know if they have ever clocked him on speed?
I thought on another thread you indicated you were a Paintsville fan. I can't see how you've never seen Shane pitch, if you follow the Tigers.