Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Love My Wives
Imagine this...sitting here pondering...Why did God allow polygamy in the Bible?
I always wondered to, but I came to a conclusion (probably wrong). Eventually the first wife will become too old to produce children. Then who will carry on that family name? So they get younger wife. But thats just a guess
Mitt Romney is a strong supporter, lol.
The theory of multiplication! If you want a large family (like 50-100 or more kids) for your kingdom or whatever, no way can one wife handle that job. So you have 25-50 wives and have 50-100 children. Presto, you have an instant army of hopefully loyal family members. That was more necessary in the Old Testament days than it would be in modern times. lol
Thought it was a comandment or something...."Man must have spice!"
In the old testament GOD told his children to be fruitful and multiply. In the new testament he told his children through apostle paul that a tru minister of GOD should be the husband of one wife. The reason why polygamy was permitted in the old testament was because of spreading the population throughout the world. When the new testament came along the world was already populated to GODs liking and by that time the people werent using it for multiplication purposes but for pleasure purposes only. The only reason why it is still being used to this day is because men want to be justified for cheating on their wives. Does anybody watch the show "Big Love" on HBO? Its about the very thing Im talking about.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:In the old testament GOD told his children to be fruitful and multiply. In the new testament he told his children through apostle paul that a tru minister of GOD should be the husband of one wife. The reason why polygamy was permitted in the old testament was because of spreading the population throughout the world. When the new testament came along the world was already populated to GODs liking and by that time the people werent using it for multiplication purposes but for pleasure purposes only. The only reason why it is still being used to this day is because men want to be justified for cheating on their wives. Does anybody watch the show "Big Love" on HBO? Its about the very thing Im talking about.

Good post.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:In the old testament GOD told his children to be fruitful and multiply. In the new testament he told his children through apostle paul that a tru minister of GOD should be the husband of one wife. The reason why polygamy was permitted in the old testament was because of spreading the population throughout the world. When the new testament came along the world was already populated to GODs liking and by that time the people werent using it for multiplication purposes but for pleasure purposes only. The only reason why it is still being used to this day is because men want to be justified for cheating on their wives. Does anybody watch the show "Big Love" on HBO? Its about the very thing Im talking about.

I only want to use it for multiplication purposes; pleasure has nothing to do with it. In certain tribes in Africa, a man may have as many as twenty wives, cheating on none, caring for all, abusing none. In America, a man may have one wife, three mistresses, mistreat them all, care for none. Who is to say what is and what isn't?
thecavemaster Wrote:I only want to use it for multiplication purposes; pleasure has nothing to do with it. In certain tribes in Africa, a man may have as many as twenty wives, cheating on none, caring for all, abusing none. In America, a man may have one wife, three mistresses, mistreat them all, care for none. Who is to say what is and what isn't?
GOD, Thats who! He wrote a book maybe youve heard of it LOL! Im not concerned with tribes in Africas customs. Some of these tribes still believe in human sacrifice for crying out loud. So am I supposed to go by that as well??? Any man who betrays his wedding vows to his wife is a SCUM BAG! I dont care what his religonal beliefs are. And Im sorry but nobody will convice me that with 6 billion people in the world that he wants to have multiple partners to help out the population.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:GOD, Thats who! He wrote a book maybe youve heard of it LOL! Im not concerned with tribes in Africas customs. Some of these tribes still believe in human sacrifice for crying out loud. So am I supposed to go by that as well??? Any man who betrays his wedding vows to his wife is a SCUM BAG! I dont care what his religonal beliefs are. And Im sorry but nobody will convice me that with 6 billion people in the world that he wants to have multiple partners to help out the population.

I was kidding about the multiplication part. I don't think "god" wrote that book. The rant is that "he" inspired the book through the "holy spirit." Perhaps the tribes in Africa are unconcerned about your "god" and "his" customs. "Piles of garbage"... "scumbags" ...such a thorough knowledge of your own "book maybe you've heard of."
thecavemaster Wrote:I was kidding about the multiplication part. I don't think "god" wrote that book. The rant is that "he" inspired the book through the "holy spirit." Perhaps the tribes in Africa are unconcerned about your "god" and "his" customs. "Piles of garbage"... "scumbags" ...such a thorough knowledge of your own "book maybe you've heard of."
Yes I know you were kidding and playing "Devils Advocate" for arguements sake. Im sure the Africans dont care what I believe in. The point I was trying to make is that the feeling is mutual . Most African tribes have never even heard of Christianity and I dont fault them for it. Yes adulterers are scum bags becuase they do as much damage to their families as alchoholics, drug addicts, and child molesters do through their extremely childish and selfish acts. Im not saying that those people cant be forgiven. Im not saying Im perfect. All Im saying is while there is no excuse for sin, there is forgiveness for it and his name is Christ JESUS the Lord. The Bible says that all scripture is given by GOD to his apostles to write. So yes GOD was the author of the Bible and Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and all the other ones were his "Ghost Writers" if you will.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yes I know you were kidding and playing "Devils Advocate" for arguements sake. Im sure the Africans dont care what I believe in. The point I was trying to make is that the feeling is mutual . Most African tribes have never even heard of Christianity and I dont fault them for it. Yes adulterers are scum bags becuase they do as much damage to their families as alchoholics, drug addicts, and child molesters do through their extremely childish and selfish acts. Im not saying that those people cant be forgiven. Im not saying Im perfect. All Im saying is while there is no excuse for sin, there is forgiveness for it and his name is Christ JESUS the Lord. The Bible says that all scripture is given by GOD to his apostles to write. So yes GOD was the author of the Bible and Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and all the other ones were his "Ghost Writers" if you will.
Ya learned something from the old man eh?Wink Nice post aii!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yes I know you were kidding and playing "Devils Advocate" for arguements sake. Im sure the Africans dont care what I believe in. The point I was trying to make is that the feeling is mutual . Most African tribes have never even heard of Christianity and I dont fault them for it. Yes adulterers are scum bags becuase they do as much damage to their families as alchoholics, drug addicts, and child molesters do through their extremely childish and selfish acts. Im not saying that those people cant be forgiven. Im not saying Im perfect. All Im saying is while there is no excuse for sin, there is forgiveness for it and his name is Christ JESUS the Lord. The Bible says that all scripture is given by GOD to his apostles to write. So yes GOD was the author of the Bible and Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and all the other ones were his "Ghost Writers" if you will.

Isn't it true, though, that these things cannot be "known" in the sense that math or science can be known? That religious belief is an act of faith, which if I remember right, is to "walk by faith not by sight"... "evidence of things not seen"? Even "the Bible says" is an act of faith, not absolute knowledge, which, again, if I remember right, is how the Judeo/Christian "god" wanted it: "Thou art a god who hidest himself." Anyway, we can disagree, but I, speaking only for myself, cannot call other human beings "scumbag" or "piles of garbage" ... nor could, if I remember right, "christ jesus the lord"... "If thou say to your brother, thy fool...."
Panther Thunder Wrote:Ya learned something from the old man eh?Wink Nice post aii!!
I thank GOD every day for those lessons and I miss them dearly.
thecavemaster Wrote:Isn't it true, though, that these things cannot be "known" in the sense that math or science can be known? That religious belief is an act of faith, which if I remember right, is to "walk by faith not by sight"... "evidence of things not seen"? Even "the Bible says" is an act of faith, not absolute knowledge, which, again, if I remember right, is how the Judeo/Christian "god" wanted it: "Thou art a god who hidest himself." Anyway, we can disagree, but I, speaking only for myself, cannot call other human beings "scumbag" or "piles of garbage" ... nor could, if I remember right, "christ jesus the lord"... "If thou say to your brother, thy fool...."

Do you read the Torah or the Bible ? I believe it also states in my "BIBLE" That a person is known of their fruit which they bear.In other words the way the live their lives and the faith which they hold in their own hearts.If anyone doubts this you can read for yourself in Matthew:7 when My Lord "JESUS CHRIST" preached the sermon on the Mount. The biggest difference between Christians and those of the Jewish faith are IMO are:That when a Christian life is over here on earth that we will be judged by a all knowing all seeing "GOD" and either found worthy to enter into that place of peace and rest known as heaven or we will as the condemned be cast into the the lake of fire and brimstone where there will be weeping,wailing,and gnashing of teeth.While the Jewish faith perceives"HEAVEN"to be this place where God debates talmudic laws with angels while the jews study the written and oral torah.Jews believe that a place called "Gehenna" or purgatory is there "****" and that one must spend twelve-months there to be purified enough to enter into heaven depending on how sinful they lived their lives.Even though some Jews say some people live their lives so sinfully that they can't get into heaven no matter how long they stay in this place called "Purgatory".These are the ones who will just simply cease to exist.IMO,my GOD did not and will not let those who perform horrible and awful offences to others not be held accountable for their actions!!!
cardsfan Wrote:Do you read the Torah or the Bible ? I believe it also states in my "BIBLE" That a person is known of their fruit which they bear.In other words the way the live their lives and the faith which they hold in their own hearts.If anyone doubts this you can read for yourself in Matthew:7 when My Lord "JESUS CHRIST" preached the sermon on the Mount. The biggest difference between Christians and those of the Jewish faith are IMO are:That when a Christian life is over here on earth that we will be judged by a all knowing all seeing "GOD" and either found worthy to enter into that place of peace and rest known as heaven or we will as the condemned be cast into the the lake of fire and brimstone where there will be weeping,wailing,and gnashing of teeth.While the Jewish faith perceives"HEAVEN"to be this place where God debates talmudic laws with angels while the jews study the written and oral torah.Jews believe that a place called "Gehenna" or purgatory is there "****" and that one must spend twelve-months there to be purified enough to enter into heaven depending on how sinful they lived their lives.Even though some Jews say some people live their lives so sinfully that they can't get into heaven no matter how long they stay in this place called "Purgatory".These are the ones who will just simply cease to exist.IMO,my GOD did not and will not let those who perform horrible and awful offences to others not be held accountable for their actions!!!

Should there be a "god" and should there be a "****," it cerainly isn't yours, Card Fan, to place people there. Again, if I read it right, Jesus was about to descend into Jerusalem on a donkey. He wept over the people there because they rejected him. He WEPT because they were human beings, not piles of garbage or scumbags, but people. I do not claim to know if "god" will or won't hold accountable those whose lives damaged the lives of others. I will leave that to the poison that is religion.