Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Baseball '08
What do you think their line up will look like this year?
Here is mine
1.Corey Humphrey-CF
2.Patrick Butcher-LF
3.Corey Adams-RF
4.Shane Grimm-P
5.JD Vanhoose-2B
6.Travis Ison-3B
7.Dyllon Brown-C (Austin Lyons DH)
8.Seth Rice-1B
9.Zach Vilapalndo-SS
looks about right to me.
I only see a couple of spots I don't really understand, unless something has transpired that I haven't heard about. Don't want to mention too many particulars, but is it really being considered taking Corey out from behind the plate? I have another player in mind that could very well fill that other outfield spot that isnt on your list, if Adams was to stay behind the plate. Aren't JD and V reversed position wise also, in your list? I don't know, maybe I am just totally confused. And I assume Grimm will move to left when he is not on the mound?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I only see a couple of spots I don't really understand, unless something has transpired that I haven't heard about. Don't want to mention too many particulars, but is it really being considered taking Corey out from behind the plate? I have another player in mind that could very well fill that other outfield spot that isnt on your list, if Adams was to stay behind the plate. Aren't JD and V reversed position wise also, in your list? I don't know, maybe I am just totally confused. And I assume Grimm will move to left when he is not on the mound?
I think Grimm should end up at 1B when he isn't pitching. No from what I saw last year I'd say Viliapalndo will end up at SS this next year because he has the best range on the team. About moving Corey Adams behind the plate, I have no idea if they will or not. It might be a good move to get the best players on the field. Adams is a heck of a catcher but Brown is also a good player that needs to see time too. They could also DH Brown some. But if that happened they would be the best OF in the region. Does anyone know if the Lemaster kid is playing?
how old is the brown kid? i dont remember much from him last season...i thought adams did a really good job last season behind the plate and a catcher is so vital to a successful team i can't imagine anybody else doing a better job than him, however ive not seen the brown kid so maybe he can step in and do a good job behind the plate
1911 Wrote:What do you think their line up will look like this year?
Here is mine
1.Corey Humphrey-CF
2.Patrick Butcher-LF
3.Corey Adams-RF
4.Shane Grimm-P
5.JD Vanhoose-2B
6.Travis Ison-3B
8.Seth Rice-1B
9.Zach Vilapalndo-SS

Looks about right!
Not!

JD has been the best SS for the past 2-3 years. Grimm is definately the best 1st baseman we have. I wouldn't move Butcher out of the 9 hole(2nd lead-off). I wouldn't move Adams from lead-off(great run producer). Hump was great in the 2 hole last year a very important spot.V is a great 2nd baseman.
But in all honesty, your line-up has probably already been inked in.
The Guru Wrote:Looks about right!
Not!

JD has been the best SS for the past 2-3 years. Grimm is definately the best 1st baseman we have. I wouldn't move Butcher out of the 9 hole(2nd lead-off). I wouldn't move Adams from lead-off(great run producer). Hump was great in the 2 hole last year a very important spot.V is a great 2nd baseman.

so do you think they will move adams out from behind the plate as well??
OMG Wrote:how old is the brown kid? i dont remember much from him last season...i thought adams did a really good job last season behind the plate and a catcher is so vital to a successful team i can't imagine anybody else doing a better job than him, however ive not seen the brown kid so maybe he can step in and do a good job behind the plate
Brown is a soph. Great kid, but like you, I think Adams is the catcher. Brown IMO, would be a platoon player, filling in at third, maybe outfield, and giving Adams a break every now and then behind the plate.
I could go into great depth on different line-ups, but don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.....Sad
OMG Wrote:so do you think they will move adams out from behind the plate as well??
Bad move if you ask me. I mean...he needs a break every now and then, but not removed.
The Guru Wrote:Brown is a soph. Great kid, but like you, I think Adams is the catcher. Brown IMO, would be a platoon player, filling in at third, maybe outfield, and giving Adams a break every now and then behind the plate.
I could go into great depth on different line-ups, but don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.....Sad

i understand not mentioning lineups, but im with you on the whole adams thing...you know as well as i do how important a good catcher can decide a game...you just wonder how good a team like lawrence county would be without the hayes kid behind the plate....if you have a bad catcher you can have runners on 2nd and 3rd every inning, and i think adams made really great strides last year behind the plate, and from what ive seen of him he is a workhorse as well, and i think he could stay behind the plate and end up being an unbelieavable player in the future....i hope they keep him back there
Here is mine
1.Corey Humphrey-CF
2.Patrick Butcher-LF
3.Corey Adams-RF
4.Shane Grimm-P
5.JD Vanhoose-2B
6.Travis Ison-3B
8.Seth Rice-1B
9.Zach Vilapalndo-SS

Must not have watched alot of Paintsville last season. Here is how is should look like based on last season.
Batting order not sure yet.

1. Corey Humphrey-CF
2. Patrick Butcher-RF
3. Corey Adams-C
4. Shane Grimm-P
5. JD Vanhoose-SS
6. Travis Ison-3B
7. Zach Vilapalndo-2B
8. Seth Rice/Austin Lyons-1B
9. Jake Cyrus-LF
BlueStripes Wrote:Must not have watched alot of Paintsville last season. Here is how is should look like based on last season.

1. Corey Humphrey-CF
2. Patrick Butcher-RF
3. Corey Adams-C
4. Shane Grimm-P
5. JD Vanhoose-SS
6. Travis Ison-3B
7. Zach Vilapalndo-2B
9. Jake Cyrus-LF

that doesn't look bad, but you would have Adams in the 3 hole??
OMG Wrote:that doesn't look bad, but you would have Adams in the 3 hole??
he said not sure yet.
I would leave Adams leading off. No need to change success to me
BlueStripes Wrote:Must not have watched alot of Paintsville last season. Here is how is should look like based on last season.

1. Corey Humphrey-CF
2. Patrick Butcher-RF
3. Corey Adams-C
4. Shane Grimm-P
5. JD Vanhoose-SS
6. Travis Ison-3B
7. Zach Vilapalndo-2B
9. Jake Cyrus-LF

I like. I would prefer Humphrey in the 1 and Adams in the 3.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not!

Aint no way JD should have been at SS over Pugh. There is this thing called range. If he plays SS this year you will see what I am talking about. Not a better glove, slower feet, and not a better arm.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I like. I would prefer Humphrey in the 1 and Adams in the 3.

Your exactly right.
Not!

IMO, Adams was a great run producer because he had Pugh and Sublett to get him in. To me, Adams is the obvious replacement for Pugh in the 3 hole. Humphries is very capable of being the leadoff man.
Funy how I said BATTING ORDER NOT SURE YET, but people still say somthing about it lol.
BlueStripes Wrote:Funy how I said BATTING ORDER NOT SURE YET, but people still say somthing about it lol.

i actually didn't even read that part, my bad...
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Aint no way JD should have been at SS over Pugh. There is this thing called range. If he plays SS this year you will see what I am talking about. Not a better glove, slower feet, and not a better arm.

Hate to disagree, but JD does in fact have both a better glove and better arm. Slower feet, I will give you, but he has better instinct at SS. I have watched both play nearly every game they have since t-ball, and it is JMO.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:IMO, Adams was a great run producer because he had Pugh and Sublett to get him in. To me, Adams is the obvious replacement for Pugh in the 3 hole. Humphries is very capable of being the leadoff man.
Hump is very capable. But he was the one that moved Adams into scoring position. He is a good contact hitter, knows how to hit to the right side, excellent bunter and will do exactly what the coaches say without question. Adams has proven himself as a great lead=oo hitter and Hump has proven himself as a great 2 hole hitter. Why change? We know we will have people in scoring position with zero or 1 out, so we just have to have others step up! And that happens every year. There are always, every year a couple of kids(usually Seniors) that have a great year at the plate.
The Guru Wrote:Hate to disagree, but JD does in fact have both a better glove and better arm. Slower feet, I will give you, but he has better instinct at SS. I have watched both play nearly every game they have since t-ball, and it is JMO.
Everybody is certainly intitled to their opinion, but you'll see what I am talking about.
I thoroughly loved watching DP on the field. I believe he could have played anywhere. I am just sorry he wasn't used more on the mound or had his talent there worked with over the course of the years. He was & is a very good kid & look forward to catching a game or two of his college career too!
The Guru Wrote:Hump is very capable. But he was the one that moved Adams into scoring position. He is a good contact hitter, knows how to hit to the right side, excellent bunter and will do exactly what the coaches say without question. Adams has proven himself as a great lead=oo hitter and Hump has proven himself as a great 2 hole hitter. Why change? We know we will have people in scoring position with zero or 1 out, so we just have to have others step up! And that happens every year. There are always, every year a couple of kids(usually Seniors) that have a great year at the plate.

has humphrey lived in paintsville his whole life? i just haven't heard much about him except for last season, i was just wondering?
OMG Wrote:has humphrey lived in paintsville his whole life? i just haven't heard much about him except for last season, i was just wondering?
No, his family moved here from Lawrence Co. when he was a Soph.
The Guru Wrote:No, his family moved here from Lawrence Co. when he was a Soph.

oh ok thanks i guess that would make sense why i hadn't heard of him...
They should be pretty solid.
Here is mine
1.Corey Humphrey-CF
2.Patrick Butcher-LF
3.Corey Adams-RF
4.Shane Grimm-P
5.JD Vanhoose-2B
6.Travis Ison-3B
8.Seth Rice-1B
9.Zach Vilapalndo-SS

I'm not so sure why you would move Corey from behind the plate. You want your most senior man catching. There is something to be said for experience and ability (not taking anything away from Brown but he still needs to develop his skills IMO). The first 6 in the batting order I would agree with, but the lower 3 I'm not so sure.

Also IMO Shane has earned the right to be playing first base when he isn't on the mound (playing left field last year was almost a disaster when he went for a fly ball and stepped into a hole or something out there I believe).
blackwidow Wrote:I'm not so sure why you would move Corey from behind the plate. You want your most senior man catching. There is something to be said for experience and ability (not taking anything away from Brown but he still needs to develop his skills IMO). The first 6 in the batting order I would agree with, but the lower 3 I'm not so sure.

Also IMO Shane has earned the right to be playing first base when he isn't on the mound (playing left field last year was almost a disaster when he went for a fly ball and stepped into a hole or something out there I believe).

That is a very good point......I had not even thought about that part of a reason to put him at first(besides the obvious) He is a great first baseman, is a lot more agile there than any others that would play there, and I know he would have a stronger arm than Cyrus in left field, but you would say that about his arm strength over Hump in Center and Butch in right as well. Cyrus has a very accurate arm and is just as fast if not more so than Grimm. Their gloves are about the same, so, in reality you wouldn't lose much there if any. But on the other hand.....at first base, his glove is much the best, his mobility is much, much the best his arm is the best, so you would be weakening that position a lot IMO. Although, Cyrus will need to be a lot more aggressive at the plate, because he will not be given the benifit of the doubt.
The Guru Wrote:That is a very good point......I had not even thought about that part of a reason to put him at first(besides the obvious) He is a great first baseman, is a lot more agile there than any others that would play there, and I know he would have a stronger arm than Cyrus in left field, but you would say that about his arm strength over Hump in Center and Butch in right as well. Cyrus has a very accurate arm and is just as fast if not more so than Grimm. Their gloves are about the same, so, in reality you wouldn't lose much there if any. But on the other hand.....at first base, his glove is much the best, his mobility is much, much the best his arm is the best, so you would be weakening that position a lot IMO. Although, Cyrus will need to be a lot more aggressive at the plate, because he will not be given the benifit of the doubt.

i agree in a lot of ways the first base position is a lot like catching...it can make or break a team depending on the type of play there..if you have somebody who is known to let balls go by and not make scoop plays then you run the risk of starting innings off with runners in scoring position every time a ball is hit in the infield....and its the same with catchers, they make a world of difference when it comes to keeping kids out of scoring position on non-hit balls....you want your most dependable guys there i think...but theres a lot o positions you could make that argument for as well