Poll: Which are you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Democrat
48.53%
Republican
47.06%
Independent
4.41%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat or Republican?
thecavemaster Wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear "tax breaks for the wealthy," I tend to think corporations more than individuals, and when I do think individuals, I tend to think those who make BIG money, millions every year, multi millionaires. If one is making that much money, does one need a tax break? The problem with flat tax ideas is that a poor man's fair share impacts at a greater level. When gas goes to $3.00/gallon, a man who makes $30,000 per year feels it much more than one who makes $300,000 per year.

I couldn't agree more. That's the only way the government could work. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the rich getting taxed more. The Bush administration has put our country so far in debt it may take 50 years to get out of the hole. It's time for a change. By the way I'm a Democrat.Big Grin
I am a hard core Republican.
A= A
D= Die
H= Hard
D= Democrat
Republican, but I don't always agree with everything that they stand for or do. I am sort of independent, but have more in common with the Republican party as opposed to the Democrats.
Democrat
Wow its a tight race...18 votes for both Republican and Democrat and 3 for Independent.
At least it's even here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Registered Democrat, mainly because so many of the local races around here are decided in the May primaries when no GOP candidate is running.

However, my true beliefs are split between the two, maybe slightly more toward the Republican side, and I tend to vote maybe 55-45 Republican in general elections.

As someone else on here had mentioned, I am also a FIRM believer in voting for the candidate and not the party. Whatever party they represent doesn't matter, I just care about their individual positions. I think being able to vote a straight party ticket in the voting booth is a terrible idea.

While I'm a registered Republican, I'm also a firm believer in voting for the best person for the job regardless of their party affiliation.
Anybody want to by my vote? I'm from Knott County.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Anybody want to by my vote? I'm from Knott County.

Smile Nice 1 BW.
lol Benchwarmer..
Hill-Billy has a new meaning...

[Image: http://www.uncovertheinternet.com/wp-con...-thumb.jpg]
Democrat
I can't stand die hard liberals and I also can't stand die hard conservatives. I think the middle class needs more tax breaks. I mean the richer you are the richer you get. it takes money to make money. I work for a surface mine, so all u that hate surface mining, well I firmly disagree with everything u have to say on the suject, except that the CEO can be boneheads. I can't stand PETA their are millions of homeless people in this country, so why should homeless animals be so important?I don't like the medical field. we all know the money is in the medicine so why find a cure? I have been a diabetic all my life and I have spent thousands on medicine, so why should someone find me a cure when they know I have to spend thousands more just to stay alive.I'm a registered rep. and it don't matter who I vote for cause the president is it for the money and power, but even he is owned by someone else. that's my rant
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Republican All The Way!!!!......hooorahhhh!!!!!!
Democrat
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Democrat
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DEmocrat
green partyCool . JJ, I am a democrat, but that's not to say I won't vote for the best candidate like others have said. I vote for who's best for the job.
sherman14 Wrote:I am a hard core Republican.
And how many times have you voted? You're only 16Smile
It just caught my attention thats all.
Crossbones Wrote:And how many times have you voted? You're only 16Smile
It just caught my attention thats all.

You don't have to be eligible to vote to feel aligned with a political party and share their views.

In fact, there are a lot of people who vote and don't know a thing about politics.

No need to bash the guy for his age, something he has no control over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vundy33 Wrote:Hill-Billy has a new meaning...

[Image: http://www.uncovertheinternet.com/wp-con...-thumb.jpg]
That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
ComfortEagle Wrote:You don't have to be eligible to vote to feel aligned with a political party and share their views.

In fact, there are a lot of people who vote and don't know a thing about politics.

No need to bash the guy for his age, something he has no control over.
Not bashing him at all about his age, I even said it just caught my attention. He said he was a die hard Republican and that Democrats=ADHD. He has never voted, he is only 16. More than likely has taken Mommy and Daddy's stance. I have no problem with that. But his post seemed arrogant to me when he has never cast the first vote. I'm sure there are a lot of people who vote and don't have a clue. He stated his preference and I called him out on it, simple as that.
Reb all the way
BFritz Wrote:The limits to how much you can write-off is limited to a percentage of what you donate- it makes no difference to my dad, trust me, and that still does not explain why he does stuff like volunteer to be on boards at places like Redwood.
Are you seriously trying to say that your dad deserves a tax break more than a man working 50-60 hrs a week with little or no benifits and making $30,000 a year trying to send 2 kids to college just because your dad is a nice guy, or that he had better success than others?
Heck.....I bet your family would be better off than the guy I mentioned if you dad had to pay 75% of his income in taxes.