Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Middle School Tournament??
Does anyone have the brackets and seedings??
I know it is being held at Mullins and that Pikeville and Belfry are the #1 & 2 seeds but does anyone have the complete bracket??

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Does anyone have the brackets and seedings??
I know it is being held at Mullins and that Pikeville and Belfry are the #1 & 2 seeds but does anyone have the complete bracket??

I have the bracket, but I don't know how to post an attachment. It is from Excel and I don't think it will let me post. If not, I'll put the matchups in a minute.
Send it to my e-mail. You should be able to attach it easily on there. BUT... if you want to do it on here:::

1. Go to the advanced options
2. Manage Attachments
3. Upload the file from your computer
4. You will see that the upload is complete
5. Post your reply

I tried to upload the file, but it says invalid file. I tried to email it to you, but it said you do not wish to receive emails.
I just typed the entire bracket, but when I hit enter it jumbled it up.

It goes like this:

Top Bracket

Millard vs Kimper with winner playing Pikeville in quarterfinals.

Elkhorn vs Mullins in quarterfinals.

Winner of the two quarterfinal games goes to the semifinals.

Bottom Bracket

Feds Creek vs Johns Creek with winner playing Dorton in quarterfinals.

Virgie vs Phelps with winner playing Belfry in quarterfinals.

Winner of the two quarterfinal games goes to the semifinals

Winner of semis play for championship.

Losers play for consolation.
WEDNESDAY 2-6-08 Millard VS Kimper winner plays Pikeville 2-9-08 12:00pm

thurs 2-7-08 6:00pm Feds Creek vs Johns Creek winner plays Dorton 2-9-08 3:00pm

thursday 2-7-08 7:30pm Virgie vs Phelps winner plays Belfry sat 2-9-08 4:30 pm

Elkhorn City vs Mullins 2-9-08 1:30 pm
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I tried to upload the file, but it says invalid file. I tried to email it to you, but it said you do not wish to receive emails.

HUM...... It shouldn't have said that.... I had e-mail in my box....did you mail it to my e-mail here??

phs1986 Wrote:HUM...... It shouldn't have said that.... I had e-mail in my box....did you mail it to my e-mail here??

Yes.
i tried to post brackets to had same problem as Dorton.
I am going to send you a PM with my personal e-mail.... send it to me there if you don't mind. I may be able to change the format and get it posted on here..... Smile

Anyone have the game time for tonights Millard vs Kimper game?
I was there the mustangs beat the cubs by about 45-50 and they play Pikeville sat. i think thats what they said.
Quarterfinals are set for Saturday at Mullins.

12:00 Millard vs Pikeville

1:30 Elkhorn vs Mullins

3:00 Dorton vs Johns Creek

4:30 Virgie vs Belfry
What was the score of the Phelps/Virgie game??

phs1986 Wrote:What was the score of the Phelps/Virgie game??

53-52
Does anyone know when championship is?
PiratePride Wrote:Does anyone know when championship is?

Wednesday, Feb 13th at 7:30
PiratePride....... we play today @ 4:30

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Wednesday, Feb 13th at 7:30

Thanks!
phs1986 Wrote:PiratePride....... we play today @ 4:30

I know and some of my crew will be there. But thanks for the info.
GO BMS
Results from the quarterfinals:

Pikeville defeated Millard

Mullins defeated Elkhorn

Dorton defeated Johns Creek

Belfry defeated Virgie

Monday's semifinals:

Pikeville vs Mullins at 6:00

Dorton vs Belfry at 7:30
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Wednesday, Feb 13th at 7:30

which phelps should of won that game because the ref.s didnt call a walk on some dud and he like walked for like a mile.
then #33 elbowed dakota #10 4 phelps and they called the foul on him
PHS Rules Wrote:Which Phelps should of won that game because the refs didn't call a walk on some dud and he like walked for like a mile.
Then #33 elbowed Dakota #10 4 Phelps and they called the foul on him.

I know what you mean!! LOL..... SAME exact thing happened yesterday against Belfry. WITH the exception of the kid wearing a different number. Basically, he should have fouled out in the 2nd or 3rd quarter!!

Belfry in the 3rd quarter with 1:04 to go in the 3rd had 7+ fouls on them to Virgies 2..... VERY unevenly called game. At least they did call him for the walks......:p

phs1986 Wrote:I know what you mean!! LOL..... SAME exact thing happened yesterday against Belfry. WITH the exception of the kid wearing a different number. Basically, he should have fouled out in the 2nd or 3rd quarter!!

Belfry in the 3rd quarter with 1:04 to go in the 3rd had 7+ fouls on them to Virgies 2..... VERY unevenly called game. At least they did call him for the walks......:p

Well here is the problem you all are more than likely running into, from what I have been told Windel "Walking" Walker has been calling the tournament. For those of you who do not know this his (i think its his grandson) Ashley Hatfield plays at Valley. Walker has many connections with Virgie and Pikeville soooo.

I heard this one as well a kid had the ball right in front of Walker, and then killed literaly ran out of bounds about 5 feet on the end of the stage let the kid pass the ball and never called a thing.

IDK if anyone was there for this one but if you all did not know Gattis Pizza has been the provider of food for this tournament. During one of the games the other night the delivery man. in stead of walking up the steps, through the fans and to the stage to deliver the pizza. He decided to take a detour and walk across the court during the middle of the game. He gets to about half court Walker sees him and begins blowing his whistle, so the kids stop and Walker says we have to wait for the delivery man to deliver the pizza. Then play resumed.
Actually, it's Wendell Wallen. If he is any relationship to Ashley Hatfield, Valley fans know nothing about it. He is one of the least favorites of Valley fans.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well here is the problem you all are more than likely running into, from what I have been told Windel "Walking" Walker has been calling the tournament. For those of you who do not know this his (i think its his grandson) Ashley Hatfield plays at Valley. Walker has many connections with Virgie and Pikeville soooo.

I heard this one as well a kid had the ball right in front of Walker, and then killed literaly ran out of bounds about 5 feet on the end of the stage let the kid pass the ball and never called a thing.

IDK if anyone was there for this one but if you all did not know Gattis Pizza has been the provider of food for this tournament. During one of the games the other night the delivery man. in stead of walking up the steps, through the fans and to the stage to deliver the pizza. He decided to take a detour and walk across the court during the middle of the game. He gets to about half court Walker sees him and begins blowing his whistle, so the kids stop and Walker says we have to wait for the delivery man to deliver the pizza. Then play resumed.

Wallen wasn't even calling this game.

Mike Hall and Fairchild called the game.
Inconsistency is what best describes the officiating of the Belfry/Virgie game.

Belfry was on the verge of blowing Virgie out with a 17 point lead. Then the whistles come out and 5 out of Belfry's 1st 6 ended the game with 4 fouls, while Virgie's best player played 2 quarters with 4. He could have been called for his 5th on 5 different occasions.......

I honestly have been a critic of the Belfry basketball staff but after watching what Varney has to put up with from fans of other teams(not to mention his own) and the flat out HATE for Belfry by the rest of Pike County I feel he is doing a better job than ANYONE Hurley could put in there.

The Belfry/Dorton game should be a good one, both are evenly matched but after watching the officiating last night Belfry will be lucky to come within 10, because it is VERY OBVIOUS Belfry will get the shaft if possible. They will be playing 5 against 7.

As for Varney, again after being a critic, I must say he will be a better high school head coach(if he ever gets the opportunity) than middle school BUT he is doing a **** good job this year and he has changed my view on him.
Blackflag Wrote:Inconsistency is what best describes the officiating of the Belfry/Virgie game.

Belfry was on the verge of blowing Virgie out with a 17 point lead. Then the whistles come out and 5 out of Belfry's 1st 6 ended the game with 4 fouls, while Virgie's best player played 2 quarters with 4. He could have been called for his 5th on 5 different occasions.......

I honestly have been a critic of the Belfry basketball staff but after watching what Varney has to put up with from fans of other teams(not to mention his own) and the flat out HATE for Belfry by the rest of Pike County I feel he is doing a better job than ANYONE Hurley could put in there.

The Belfry/Dorton game should be a good one, both are evenly matched but after watching the officiating last night Belfry will be lucky to come within 10, because it is VERY OBVIOUS Belfry will get the shaft if possible. They will be playing 5 against 7.

As for Varney, again after being a critic, I must say he will be a better high school head coach(if he ever gets the opportunity) than middle school BUT he is doing a **** good job this year and he has changed my view on him.

Exactly why will we have the 7 on 5 advantage?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Exactly why will we have the 7 on 5 advantage?

he's trying to say that the refs will be two more for dorton... 5+2=7...i didn't get it at first...
LadyCat2007 Wrote:he's trying to say that the refs will be two more for dorton... 5+2=7...i didn't get it at first...

I understood what he was saying, but I just wanted to know why he thought the refs would be calling for Dorton (we're such a high profile school).