Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best players in East KY
fields24 Wrote:panther he is good and there 2 fields on our team me and sidney i think your talking about sidney. but he is good but if u ask me logan jhonson #2 is probably our best player and he just got off a broke ankle and can still dunk it Big Grin

ok i have seen him play...wasnt impressed....and he sure can not dunk...maybe finger roll and touch the rim but no dunk....get real
Magoffin County doesn't even play in the Mountain Middle School Conference in boys basketball.
The 6th grader from Central has a shot.
Amber Shepherd ACMS
ACMS - Guards

Caitlin Kidd - Point Guard
Hannah MacElhose - 2 Guard

Best Backcourt in Floyd County

ACMS - Forwards

Amber Shepherd - Power Forward
DeShae Elliott - Small Forward

Shepherd is probably the best girl player in Floyd County (middle or high school)
Lost Ball Wrote:Shepherd is probably the best girl player in Floyd County (middle or high school)

Best player in high school? shes in what 8th grade.. she cant even compete with most high school players. She may be the best on Allen Centrals middle & high school teams.. but theres no way shes the best in the county overall..
She may be the best on Allen Centrals middle & high school teams.. but theres no way shes the best in the county overall..

OK...your opinion...I respect that.
But name me a girl better than her.

Positively nobody at Prestonsburg or South Floyd...only one that might be close would be at Betsy Layne.

I've seen her play for a lot...she can put 25 on any team (including high school)...in a hurry.
If you put her at the line...she will kill you.

I'd be interested in seeing who you think is so much better.
blair is not over 6 feet tall.
There are twins Austin and Justin Bentley who will attend Jenkins as freshmen. They are from a tough family and the grandaddy is making sure that they get playing time right from the start by keeping them away from LCC. I tried to convince him otherwise but he has his own opinions about the big school. Both of these young men have good size and strength i cant wait to see them with all the baby fat trimmed off. If they can quicken them up then you may see the best duo in the mountains as linebackers or defensive ends. In a couple more years that is. But with Jenkins down at present time they will get there share of sweat and tears. These kinda lumps are very good for young players.
Hilbily Wrote:There are twins Austin and Justin Bentley who will attend Jenkins as freshmen. They are from a tough family and the grandaddy is making sure that they get playing time right from the start by keeping them away from LCC. I tried to convince him otherwise but he has his own opinions about the big school. Both of these young men have good size and strength i cant wait to see them with all the baby fat trimmed off. If they can quicken them up then you may see the best duo in the mountains as linebackers or defensive ends. In a couple more years that is. But with Jenkins down at present time they will get there share of sweat and tears. These kinda lumps are very good for young players.

This is a basketball forum not football.
I went to a Knott Co. basketball summer league here recently and i had seen some pretty good talent from all the kids down there but one that really shown through above the rest was from Magoffin Co. this kid was dominating on the court he scored 30+ points in 2 halves of a scrimmage game , i seen him dunk it a few times in warm ups also, but this is probably the best kid i have seen come out of Magoffin co. in a while.
I went to a Knott Co. basketball summer league here recently and i had seen some pretty good talent from all the kids down there but one that really shown through above the rest was from Magoffin Co. this kid was dominating on the court he scored 30+ points in 2 halves of a scrimmage game , i seen him dunk it a few times in warm ups also, but this is probably the best kid i have seen come out of Magoffin co. in a while. If im not mistaken i talked to some of the parents from the team and Caleb Hall was his name.
Sorry, but Tiffany Wertz from Adams is AWESOME, i believe she is better than Amber Shepherd. No Offense, Amber is good, but Tiffany has the moves.
Sorry, but Tiffany Wertz from Adams is AWESOME, i believe she is better than Amber Shepherd. No Offense, Amber is good, but Tiffany has the moves.

Can't wait to see this matchup...might happen next week in the Right Beaver Classic...it will have to be in the finals on Friday night.

Tiffany is very good...Amber has improved quite a bit since last year.
She has had some fantastic games at the SportsPlex and she has had some pretty impressive practices over the past 2-3 weeks.

On top of that...Amber has some pretty good players around her...not sure about Tiffany's teammates.
I've seen Shepherd play and she is good, I've seen her play twice. Rankin from Perry is very tough and is at least her equal if not better even is she is a hold back. Her size and athleticism is crazy for a middle schooler. I've seen Slone from Cordia play 4 or 5 times against Perry teams here and she is the best middle schooler around East ky at least for her position. Her size hurts her, but her skills are way above 8th grade. Don't know if she's a hold back or not. I know they're a lot more out there, but these are the ones I've seen the most play.
But ill finish with this, if those 3 girls ever got to play on the same team
oh my gosh.
Dakota Osborne #11, JCMS
IMO the best high school girls basketball player is AD Slone from Pike Central..She a good shooter and no one in this region can out rebound her. She always has a double double.
#25 Chase Hall for Betsy Layne is a great floor general. Distributes the ball very well and can make the shots from the inside.
North Eastren Kentucky:
Russell 6th grade has about 7 kids that start at any time with no drop off in play. They do not have the monsterouse size or the big man over 5'5", he is the tallest but 5 kids are 5'3" and can play any position. As far as the best player, or the best 6th grade player from our team , I would have to say it is a toss up, they play well together and play as a team.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
tony messer on the 08 (8th grade belfry team..)
IMO two of the best are Elijah Justice from Shelby Valley and Matt Clevenger from Pikeville.
I heard Michael Powers is pretty good
Lost Ball Wrote:She may be the best on Allen Centrals middle & high school teams.. but theres no way shes the best in the county overall..

OK...your opinion...I respect that.
But name me a girl better than her.

Positively nobody at Prestonsburg or South Floyd...only one that might be close would be at Betsy Layne.

I've seen her play for a lot...she can put 25 on any team (including high school)...in a hurry.
If you put her at the line...she will kill you.

I'd be interested in seeing who you think is so much better.

just to name a few:

from betsy layne: megan hamilton, taylor hott, & lindsey martin
& from prestonsburg: lindsey fields
cuppett777 Wrote:tony messer on the 08 (8th grade belfry team..)

Hey Cuppett, he has to be good with a name like MESSER......
I wondeer if he is any relation to Connor Messer from Russell, Connor is the 6th grade running back that played against Belfry at Shelby Valley. Connor also plays basketball. No wonder Tony is a good athlete !!!!!!!!! He has the name !!!!!!!!!! LOL
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Knox County has 2 kids, Jeffrey Canady might be the most athletic kid in Eastern Ky and Toby Merida is a 6'6 center.
cody belter dorton
dalton richerdson virgie
kyle oliver - millard
travis lawson - millard
johnny miller - feds creek
I THINK ALEx davis from mca has agood shot and plays stellar defense
MCA has some kids with a lot of potential they just need to get in agroove
aauhoops Wrote:The 6th grader from Central has a shot.

He is now a 7th grader and Hoops Scounting has him in the top 15 in the state for the Class of 2014. I know ranking them at this is age is probably too early but it is nice to get some recognition outside of Eastern Ky.

He got his first dunk in the 7th grade game last night.